Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Before it just said “out of stock” and the product details were available to see.
Hmmm, possibly shifting towards a new range (as you mentioned earlier), with the DD wheel as their top offering for PS4/5, then the F1 Elite set and then the new more entry level set with a standard type wheel. It's all guess work really :).

Am I close @super_gt? :)

Hmmm, possibly shifting towards a new range (as you mentioned earlier), with the DD wheel as their top offering for PS4/5, then the F1 Elite set and then the new more entry level set with a standard type wheel. It's all guess work really :).

Am I close @super_gt? :)
Sorry, I can't answer that question.:)

The CSL elite PS4 kit is gone from the European and US websites. I visit there every day for a couple of weeks now and the entries are gone. Is this an indication of the new line up replacing the Elite kit? :confused: :eek:

“UNFORTUNATELY, THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE”

https://fanatec.com/us-en/bundles/c...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

I was looking CSL starter kit at EU site for few last days and found very strange thing - most of time it is "Sold", but if you check site few times a day, sometimes you can see "Available", but it is go away very soon. And it lasts for few last days.

I was looking CSL starter kit at EU site for few last days and found very strange thing - most of time it is "Sold", but if you check site few times a day, sometimes you can see "Available", but it is go away very soon. And it lasts for few last days.
and i was checking like every day for a couple of weeks now... always spotted the "out of stock" message, never had it green/available.
maybe the new lineup is coming sooner as we think.

and i was checking like every day for a couple of weeks now... always spotted the "out of stock" message, never had it green/available.
maybe the new lineup is coming sooner as we think.
Email Fanatec and then you will know it will become available or not.

Are you going to buy one now ?.
they are still out of stock liek the last couple of weeks.
as soon as there is one kit available i'll hit the order button! :D
i'm checking this on the hourly basis... but i wish i had more info about the upcoming wheel from fanatec. the CSL Elite is on the market for some time now and if the new wheel is an updated version of the CSL (technical wise) then i'd prefer the newer model for sure.
but i'm not in a hurry... first i will build my new rig.

i find it a bit irritating when a new wheel would be at home while i'm still building the rig! :D i hope you get me.

Last edited:
Like hens teeth.

Have you decided whether to get the base with a different wheel?
i was going for the regular wheel set for playstation. had an eye on the McLaren GT3 V2 wheel but i dont like the connected shifter paddles and how thick the whole thing is. i prefer the shfter paddles to be seperate but as Barry from the simracingarage said in his video review, you will get used to it and it is just a matter of adaptation. hm... anyway... i prefer seperate paddles as i rest my fingers on them.

alternativly i had an eye on the clubsport fomula carbon. should work woth the Elite base, right?!
generaly speaking: i want a GT/F1 looking wheel as a second rim. i'm not a huge fan of F1 but i like the GT classes a lot and a GT shaped rim should bring massive atmosphere into the cockpit! ast least i'm thiking so... :D

Last edited:
they are still out of stock liek the last couple of weeks.
as soon as there is one kit available i'll hit the order button! :D
i'm checking this on the hourly basis... but i wish i had more info about the upcoming wheel from fanatec. the CSL Elite is on the market for some time now and if the new wheel is an updated version of the CSL (technical wise) then i'd prefer the newer model for sure.
but i'm not in a hurry... first i will build my new rig.

i find it a bit irritating when a new wheel would be at home while i'm still building the rig! :D i hope you get me.
I hope you get a CSL wheel soon my friend because I am pleased with my CSL.

I hope you get a CSL wheel soon my friend because I am pleased with my CSL.
yeah, i hope so too. thanks!

thing is, even when i would get impatient and the rig build is already done... there is nothing in between Elite and Podium i could go for on Playstation, right?! the CSW base isnt Playstation compatible, right?! and the podium line is too expansive for me (even if that stuff is AWESOME!!!).

the more i think about it... maybe it s better to get the Elite base but with the Clubsport V3 pedals (instead of the LC modded elite padels)! its "just" 130 euro more for, what i think, is a significant upgrade in quality!
i was watching so many videos regading fanatec hardware reviews (Barry's sticking out, love that guy) thr last couple of weeks... i dont know where my head is sometimes! :D

so my prefered setup would be the CSL Elite + CSv3! no shifter or handbrake for now!

Last edited:
yeah, i hope so too. thanks!

thing is, even when i would get impatient and the rig build is already done... there is nothing in between Elite and Podium i could go for on Playstation, right?! the CSW base isnt Playstation compatible, right?! and the podium line is too expansive for me (even if that stuff is AWESOME!!!).

the more i think about it... maybe it s better to get the Elite base but with the Clubsport V3 pedals (instead of the LC modded elite padels)! its "just" 130 euro more for, what i think, is a significant upgrade in quality!
i was watching so many videos regading fanatec hardware reviews (Barry's sticking out, love that guy) thr last couple of weeks... i dont know where my head is sometimes! :D

so my prefered setup would be the CSL Elite + CSv3! no shifter or handbrake for now!
Clubsport V3 pedals are the way to go because they are a very good mate.

Clubsport V3 pedals are the way to go because they are a very good mate.
yeah, i came to that conclusion while watching review videos.

i created a fanatec account on their website just to be safe when stock is available again and i need to order fast! :D

i see some offers on ebay... 360€ (negotiation base) for a used (1,5 year) V3 set including the brake and performance kits! same with used CSL Elite sets...
anyway... i'd prefer a new set as the price difference isnt that huge and i have 2 years of warranty.

Last edited:
yeah, i came to that conclusion while watching review videos.

i created a fanatec account on their website just to be safe when stock is available and i need to order fast! :D

i see some offers on ebay... 360€ (negotiation base) for a used (1,5 year) V3 set including the brake and performance kits! same with used CSL Elite sets...
anyway... i'd prefer a new set as the price difference isnt that huge and i have 2 years of warranty.
I would prefer you to buy it new, but it is up to you.

10 days later... still nothing in stock on their european website! :boggled:

has this product been out of stock before? if so, how long did it take them to refill their warehouses last time? any history or experiences to go by?!

edit: the chatbot on the Fanatec website is a joke btw! but well, i'll try to call Endor between 2-4 today... lets see.

Last edited:
Got the new CSL Universal Hub last week and I really like it so far. Also got one of the clubsport flat rims yesterday and I love it :)

IMG_20210310_154355453.jpg

I have the CSL ELITE LC pedals and only play GT SPORT , using the 65kg springs, I find that if I just release the brake pedals a small amount I'm down around 25% braking. I can't get 75% or 50% braking, which would help fit trail braking. Can anyone help with in game or wheel settings. Everyone says BRF is user pref, but I'm still wondering what others preference is ?

I cannot help with the game, I don't have a playstation, but I got more control out of the brakes when I used the stiffer elastomers. I also had to mount them to keep them stable. Just using them while they were sitting on the floor, gave me an all or nothing feel with the 65kg bumpers. Now I have them bolted to a wheelstand, and I use the 80kg elastomers (I forgot what was stamped on the side of them).

The 65's were a little tough to use. It also felt like I needed to press harder to get results. With the 80's getting to full lock doesn't take much, and its a lot easier to reduce pressure to maintain control during trail braking. Also, where I place my foot matters a lot because of the loadcells are looking at how far the pedal arm bends, rather than direct force applied to it. So the higher my foot, the more brake pressure I get. If I press at the bottom of the pedal face, it takes a ton of effort to get to 50%, let alone 100%. So aim high on the pedal.

Thanks Dopple. I do have mounted bolted down to a rig, so that's good.
I did try the 85s, found it was very hard to get to full brake. But I'll try again, maybe just need to get used to it and it will benefit me on trail braking.
Anyone else have suggestions for GTS SPORT settings would be much appreciated

Thanks Dopple. I do have mounted bolted down to a rig, so that's good.
I did try the 85s, found it was very hard to get to full brake. But I'll try again, maybe just need to get used to it and it will benefit me on trail braking.
Anyone else have suggestions for GTS SPORT settings would be much appreciated
I have BRF at 75 for trail braking, and on race cars BRF 55.

Fordlaser probably had a better answer for you. Ultimately, do what is best for you. I like the 85's, it's something about a stiff brake pedal that gives me more confidence but if the 65's are more to your liking then go with that. The beauty of the pedal set is, changing from one set of elastomers to another is potentially easy.

I went from the 65s to 85s and got better control, don’t forget to adjust the BRF to suit.
As I have a tendency to slid my foot down the brake pedal and make the lever shorter and harder to push to apply the same pressure (same on any lever) I ended up inverting my pedals, the brake pedal was great and more consistent as I was using the full lever length all the time, but I didn’t like the throttle inverted so switched it back and really happy with the setup now.

thanks Goonie75, am interested in what your BRF is ? Also, are you playing GTSPORT and what ingame settings do you use. I hear you and Dopple re the brake lever, even with a large foot, I dont seem to be at the top of the pedal. I'm thinking of getting a piece of carpet and putting it on the base plate, to give me a bit of height, but also the plate is hard on the heel after a while.
Are you saying you inverted brake, but have throttle normal. How did you manage that. Some sort of home made frame or something bought from Fanatec ?

thanks Goonie75, am interested in what your BRF is ? Also, are you playing GTSPORT and what ingame settings do you use. I hear you and Dopple re the brake lever, even with a large foot, I dont seem to be at the top of the pedal. I'm thinking of getting a piece of carpet and putting it on the base plate, to give me a bit of height, but also the plate is hard on the heel after a while.
Are you saying you inverted brake, but have throttle normal. How did you manage that. Some sort of home made frame or something bought from Fanatec ?

My BRF is 50, used to be lower before I inverted the brake pedal, took me a while to get the brake pedal position just right. Picture attached, I will build a new frame when I get an 8020 rig, but it works quite well for now.

Yes I play GTS, unfortunately the game has a non linear curve on the brake and throttle from memory, the last 50٪ happens in like the last 20-25% of the pedal travel, the LC brake does help a little but it still isn't great, I hope it is linear in GT7.

Attachments

• 20210511_115748.jpg
    20210511_115748.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 22
Back