Fanatec CSR Malfunctions. Please Help!!!

United States
United States
Hey Everyone,

I've been using a Fanatec CSR with really great results for a while, but a few odd things have been happening lately. The inputs into the wheel and pedals don't appear to be happening on screen. I first noticed an issue with F1 2019 when the car would always understeer to an incredible degree. Every corner, no matter the team, car, or track being used. To prove that it isn't just driver error, I brake early and heavy, max out the wheel rotation, and the car isn't even close to making the corner. In Project Cars 2, other oddities were happening like brake pressure not translating correctly. Cars braking way more than I was putting into the pedals. I updated the firmware and rebooted all equipment. That seemed to help a few things, however, now I am getting extremely sensitive steering, to the point that, when watching the wheel on the screen, it will show a complete turn of the wheel when I only turn my physical wheel a quarter turn. I checked the FFB settings in the options menu, and everything was still set to their normal settings.

After updating the firmware, I'm at a complete loss. Has anyone ever had issues with the physical inputs into the controls not matching what occurs on screen?

Hi @williamgymnst, if the inputs are showing correctly in the Fanatec properties page, then it is likely to be a game-specific issue. You should try to reset/recalibrate your controller settings in each game. In many sims (like PCARS2), there is a calibration wizard that helps to determine your steering lock and so on.

It also depends on the 'SEN' Tuning Menu setting - if it is set to Auto this can confuse some games.

If you are still having problems please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

I turned the SEN setting off, which helped a little, but the issue is still there. I'm trying to connect the wheel to my PC to attempt a recalibration, however, the wheel will not be shown in the Game Controllers menu. I've tried all of my usb ports and a couple of different usb cables. The wheel is connecting to the PC itself, evidenced by the usb chime, but will not show in the Game Controllers menu.
I'm not sure if this is connected to the larger issue or is just another side issue. Any thoughts for getting it to populate into the menu?

You shouldn't be able to turn SEN 'off'. It's either Auto or a value. For troubleshooting I suggest this should be set to the highest value, in other words the maximum steering angle available. Most modern sims like PCARS2 automatically handle steering sensitivity after the calibration, because it can calculate how many degrees of lock your wheel has, and then translates that to every car.

If the wheel base is no longer showing in the Game Controllers menu, then there is another issue. You should try removing all Fanatec software and reinstalling the driver. If you are still having problems, please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

Hmmm. Well, OFF is what is displayed in the LED screen on the wheel when you turn the SEN all the way down.

I was able to reset the drivers and firmware in order to open the wheel in the Fanatec Wheel Property Page. Here, I discovered that it appears as though the wheel itself thinks it has reached the max steering angle when the wheel is only turned about 45 degrees. I am trying to find a way to reset the 450 and -450 degree points much like you would reset the center of the wheel.

As for creating a ticket, I tried adding this product to the My Products page. However, the product is not available as an option in the dropdown. Does this mean that Fanatec no longer supports this product or resolves issues for customers who own this product?

Ah perhaps 'Auto' was 'Off' on the CSR. Our current wheel bases don't have 'Off' as an option for SEN.

I have just tested the manual registration, both the CSR and CSR Elite wheel bases are shown. Just type in 'CSR' and they should be suggested.

I'm sorry, but that does not appear to be the case. The only two options that are returned when searching for CSR are a load cell and a shifter cable. No results are returned when searching for CSR Elite. I've attached a screenshot showing the results.

Attachments

• csr.PNG
    csr.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 15
It is supported on the UK website, but not the US website. I created an account and a support ticket on the UK website. There doesn't appear to be a way to track progress or view active support tickets on that site. Am I missing it?

Back