Fanatec CSW/CSR Elite Modders Thread *UPDATE February 2014*

• Thread starter eKretz
  • 3,600 comments
@FatnSlo are you still chasing a csre PCB?

Fanatec has said they will sell me the CSR-E PCB and I have paid them a week ago, but still waiting for it to ship. I hope there is no problem as I am badly missing my wheel.

Why do you ask?

IMG_3166.JPG

Here is a picture of the power switch cable if it helps you. It is 8" or 203mm long

Last edited:
I think a bit of a mis-understanding on my part, I thought you were looking for one.

Thanks guys

No there was no misunderstanding. I was looking for one and still might be looking for one. If for whatever reason Fanatec is unable to get me one, would you be willing to sell my one?

Yeah of course, one thing to try if you haven't already is re-flash the firmware.

Yeah I cannot reflash the firmware. My CSR-E has completely lost its ability to connect to anything via USB. It will only work in wireless Xbox360 mode which I no longer use it with. It also does not connect in boot loader mode either.

Finally got around to installing Eric's mod. Man what a difference. Very well designed. Everything fit perfectly. Only thing I had to do was switch the motor power pins because I have an older CSW wheel. The new motors feel great. More realistic feel and less clipping. I like being able to set the FF between 60-80 and having room to spare. Not like the originals having it set to 100 all the time. Love the fact that if I have motor problems down the road I can just purchase new ones. Not having to go though Fanatec.
Thanks again Eric for a fantastic mod!

Also, others that have this mod, what are your other Fanatec wheel settings? I only use iRacing currently. Tried looking through other threads here but just to many pages to go through.

SEN - OFF
FF - 100
SHO - 100
ABS - OFF
LIN - OFF
DEA - OFF
DRI - OFF
FOR - 60 to 80
SPR - off
DPR - 100

Hi guys....
I have a CSR elite like new in hibernation for 2 years...

Questions..

Is their a way and using this mod to make it compatible like V2 using X1 wheel adapter?
If so is it cost effective over buying a V2...

PS4 & X1 usage perspective?

When I get my X1 hub I will see if the csr elite pcb can be fooled to think it's a csw and try to get the hub working on it. If I doesn't then the only way is to convert csr-e ->csw (v1) but some of the parts required may be hard to get a hold of.

I will post here with results in the near future

Check out this awesome mod guys

<snip>

Very impressive work Mr eKretz. I have a question....in an earlier post you named dropped both the Accuforce and the Bodnar wheels, so I'm assuming you're familiar with the OSW wheels that are all the rage these days, yes? If so, have you thought about taking these types of wheel mods to the next level, and making the OSW wheels work on home consoles? The OSW wheels are gaining a lot of traction among sim racing fans and for good reason. They offer a lot of torque and feel great(even better than the AccuForce). There are two different types of controller boards for the OSW wheels. The MMOS and the Argon. Have you given any thought to how feasible it is to modify one of those boards to make them compatible with either the PS4 or the Xbox One?

Very impressive work Mr eKretz. I have a question....in an earlier post you named dropped both the Accuforce and the Bodnar wheels, so I'm assuming you're familiar with the OSW wheels that are all the rage these days, yes? If so, have you thought about taking these types of wheel mods to the next level, and making the OSW wheels work on home consoles? The OSW wheels are gaining a lot of traction among sim racing fans and for good reason. They offer a lot of torque and feel great(even better than the AccuForce). There are two different types of controller boards for the OSW wheels. The MMOS and the Argon. Have you given any thought to how feasible it is to modify one of those boards to make them compatible with either the PS4 or the Xbox One?
My guess is it wouldn't be all that difficult to write a driver for them. The problem would be how long the driver would work before Sony\MS released a patch making them unusable again. There not just going to allow the wheels to work for free (as we have already seen) and more than likely if more than one driver got written they would probably try tracking the developer down for some legal actions. It would be a lot of work for a short lived driver and possible lawsuit.

Yep, agree. BTW guys, I haven't got home internet for a while, if I don't get back to you on messages immediately please be patient. Working on fixing that.

hello friend, you could get me some doubts?
I live in Brazil then it gets complicated buy your MOD, I can built a MOD here using only the best engines and source with standard voltage (I know it would not have much strength but at least solve the problem of durability of the original engines). If it works you can direct me where to get those engines, I think in order 2 and cut the shaft to fit inside the base and replace only in place of the original engines.
Thank you for your attention and sorry for anything.

CSR Eiite needs to go to a good home (wheelbase only)...
Been in storage as two years if anyone in UK has an interest, please PM as it is soon going to go on auction.

Guys, I need the original or similar engine base v1 because my given problem. Anyone know indicates me where I find? There needs to be more powerful Buhler or just one that serves to replace the old so that my steering wheel back up and running. Thanks.

Anyone have this wheel working under Windows 10? Upgraded the other day and my wheel isn't seen by the drivers. Neither was my TSW shifter. My csp v2s seemed to be fine, though.

Edit: I have the csr elite

well ive had no luck trying to get the universal hub to work with the csr-e, i was hoping i could flash the firmware on it to make it think it was a CSW but the program that updates the firmware for the wheelbase wont recognize it in bootloader mode. so there is no way to mod xbox one compatibility using the hub, only way to do it is with a clubsport base.

so, anybody here have a spare CSW v1 PCB? :P

It was always going to be rather doubtful.

Fanatec need a new mid price option, the current offerings do not appeal to many console owners as too expensive. What is more annoying is some owners with V2 and the hub having issues with FM6, the biggest reason to buy the hub currently.

Maybe patches/updates are coming?

I have been out of commission for a little while fellas, got an infection that started in a cut in my finger and developed into something really nasty. I have been off my feet for the last few WEEKS! Only just started getting around again.

I still don't have home internet though, so I won't be able to get back to you guys same-day for a while. Please be patient, I will get back you as soon as I can.

Anyone have the instructions for installation? The link on the first page doesn't seem to work. Looking to swap out my motors from my modded csr elite into a csw v1. Instructions would help

Back