Fanatec Csw v2.5 Wheel Thread

I've just bought a CSW v2.5 wheelbase (from ebay), I really wanted a DD1/2 but could not justify the cost. I've been out of the sim racing scene for several years, previously I owned a G27 but it broke. I'm expecting this CSW 2.5 to be a big upgrade once I get it all together.

I need some help with the compatibility of other fanatec items. Will every fanatec rim out there fit this wheelbase or do I need a clubsport wheel? What about pedals?

I need to buy a steering wheel and pedals. I want some cheap and basic stuff to get me started, I can upgrade later on. I just want a basic wheel (circular-style rim rather than the rectangular f1 style ones) with paddle shifters, don't care about lots of buttons. Pedals can be basic too for now. Any recommendations?

I am also orientating on the CSW2.5 . I think the Fanatec site lists all compatible gear. I think most CSL and CSW are compatible with the 2.5.

Are you using it on pc? On ps4 you're going to need a drivehub to connect.

I need to buy a steering wheel and pedals. I want some cheap and basic stuff to get me started, I can upgrade later on. I just want a basic wheel (circular-style rim rather than the rectangular f1 style ones) with paddle shifters, don't care about lots of buttons. Pedals can be basic too for now. Any recommendations?
These are the cheapest steering wheel and pedals:
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/cs...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Thanks both. Yes I am on PC. I'll buy those and a wheel stand as soon as the wheelbase arrives. Can't wait to be racing again. Should be a huge improvement over a G27.

How does the wheelbase attach? Can it be clamped to any surface or are there screw/bolt mountings or?

EDIT: nevermind, looked at the manual, guess I'll be drilling some holes.

Last edited:
I just got me this :

upload_2020-6-30_10-39-20.png

It's set for delivery after 30 July or even after that. But I have high expectations. Gonna use it on the ps4pro with a drivehub.

Hey folks, after years of faultless use my CSW v2.5 has suddenly started making this exact noise (and very slight grinding feel), but only during gameplay under load, not when just moving the wheel between races (this isn't my video, but the noise is identical)

I've heard that it might be a belt tension issue, which would be reasonably easy to adjust - are there any good instructions for doing this?
Or have others here experienced a similar noise and know what it is?

Many thanks.

Hey folks, after years of faultless use my CSW v2.5 has suddenly started making this exact noise (and very slight grinding feel), but only during gameplay under load, not when just moving the wheel between races (this isn't my video, but the noise is identical)

I've heard that it might be a belt tension issue, which would be reasonably easy to adjust - are there any good instructions for doing this?
Or have others here experienced a similar noise and know what it is?

Many thanks.

If it's a belt tension issue: I believe those 4 bolts on the front (with slots behind them) are belt tension bolts, which are pre-tensioned from the factory. I think I would send a mail to Fanatec support and describe the issue and ask what to do, for example if you could adjust those bolts. Alternatively PM DomB_Fanatec here on GTP. He has helped me a lot.

Last edited:
If it's a belt tension issue: I believe those 4 bolts on the front (with slots behind them) are belt tension bolts, which are pre-tensioned from the factory. I think I would send a mail to Fanatec support and describe the issue and ask what to do, for example if you could adjust those bolts. Alternatively PM DomB_Fanatec here on GTP. He has helped me a lot.

Adjusting belt tension is not a simple task.
Too much tension will result in loss in FFB details, insufficient tension will cause the belts to slip.
I would contact Fanatec first.
Thanks chaps, and sorry for the late reply. I'll try PMing Dom.

Back