Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 903 comments
Yep. Im afraid that would be a rational conclusion. Only glimmer of hope would be if one of you were in the city and the other up in bumble. Ie Canton or something
My ex wife's family was from Canton. What a terrible place. 😂 People actually choose to live there. 🤯

Cat approved!
Of course 😉
How exciting, looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Frustratingly the 'Available' date on my (UK) order changed today from Feb 26th to March 11th.... thats going to be like forever!
Yep mine changed too. I woke up to check out how it looks like and same thing happened here.
Ordered 9th, available within 4-7 days then available 26th of February and now it changed to 11th of March.
Hell no, no way I mean... No way I'm going to sit here twisting thumbs and playing Pocket Billard.
So I checked out some Dude sitting 25km away from my home who had 2 of his 3 DD Extreme on offer.
Gave him a quick visit he grabbed my cash I grabbed his Gear which was Brand New and Sealed.
So yeah long Story Short, I'm super happy.
The Wheel is awesome 🙌
Absolutely stunning piece of Kit.

I honestly hope you guys get your Stuff as soon as possible.
Because everyday not being able to enjoy one's Hobby is a wasted day...
I paid 1400€ so 89€ more than it would have been regularly, but I swear it was worth EVERY Cent.
QoL improvement and in general my mood has risen by +200.
I'm happy Wife is Happy and Kids are happy to have a good mood Husband /Father back 😅😁

Of course 😉

Yep mine changed too. I woke up to check out how it looks like and same thing happened here.
Ordered 9th, available within 4-7 days then available 26th of February and now it changed to 11th of March.
Hell no, no way I mean... No way I'm going to sit here twisting thumbs and playing Pocket Billard.
So I checked out some Dude sitting 25km away from my home who had 2 of his 3 DD Extreme on offer.
Gave him a quick visit he grabbed my cash I grabbed his Gear which was Brand New and Sealed.
The Wheel is awesome 🙌

I paid 1400€ so 89€ more than it would have been regularly, but I swear it was worth EVERY Cent.
I'm happy Wife is Happy and Kids are happy to have a good mood Husband /Father back 😅😁
I'm curious what TUNING menu settings you come to like. :) I've come with two that I like so far, but I'm still playing around with NATURAL Damper. Congrats! :D

FMW
I'm curious what TUNING menu settings you come to like. :) I've come with two that I like so far, but I'm still playing around with NATURAL Damper. Congrats! :D
I just simply copied my GT DD Pro Settings I was using for ages and they work phenomenaly well.
What I did notice though that my Wheels feel different with the same settings applied.
The Extreme Rim feels a tad bit more dampened compared to my McLaren V2 but overall they are both very intuitive to steer.
For the V2 I have the Metal QR2 attached but to be honest there is no real difference to be felt.
I think I'm just more used to the V2 as it's the rim I was used to drive with all the time.
But the Extreme Rim is great.
Feels great and definitely no flex.
Very sturdy indeed.
I only had maybe 2 hours of play time today but so far I'm absolutely delighted.
The Wheels feel very attached to the Car, very responsive and direct.
Very quick in response and very well in sync with my inputs and with the on screen action.

My Settings are as following
FFB 100
NDP 25
NFR 5
NIN 0
INT 4 everything else is default

In game Settings are
Torque 3 or 4 undecided yet
Sensitivity 8

Understeer/Oversteer Weight Transfer are absolutely in sync with my inputs.
Feels very natural and intuitive.

And one more thing... the Wheel feels way heavier then the DD Pro with 8NM
I always had it on 5/8
But even 3/8 now feels heavier and more direct.

Edit:
I just updated the Interpolation Value to 4.

Last edited:
I just simply copied my GT DD Pro Settings I was using for ages and they work phenomenaly well.
What I did notice though that my Wheels feel different with the same settings applied.
The Extreme Rim feels a tad bit more dampened compared to my McLaren V2 but overall they are both very intuitive to steer.
For the V2 I have the Metal QR2 attached but to be honest there is no real difference to be felt.
I think I'm just more used to the V2 as it's the rim I was used to drive with all the time.
But the Extreme Rim is great.
Feels great and definitely no flex.
Very sturdy indeed.
I only had maybe 2 hours of play time today but so far I'm absolutely delighted.
The Wheels feel very attached to the Car, very responsive and direct.
Very quick in response and very well in sync with my inputs and with the on screen action.

My Settings are as following
FFB 100
NDP 25
NFR 5
NIN 0
INT 1 everything else is default

In game Settings are
Torque 3 or 4 undecided yet
Sensitivity 8

Understeer/Oversteer Weight Transfer are absolutely in sync with my inputs.
Feels very natural and intuitive.

And one more thing... the Wheel feels way heavier then the DD Pro with 8NM
I always had it on 5/8
But even 3/8 now feels heavier and more direct.
Funny you mention your GT DD PRO settings.:D I've been using your settings for the last year on my DD Pro! 🤣LOL LOVE THEM. I just haven't gotten to trying them on the PLUS yet, as I've been trying my own methodology this time around. I keep an Excel sheet going with all my settings for different driving games. As far as GT7 goes, I have yet to find something better for my driving style than the settings you posted a long while back on the DD PRO Thread. Anyway, good idea! I will try your settings after work.

Glad you secured your new base!

FMW
Funny you mention your GT DD PRO settings.:D I've been using your settings for the last year on my DD Pro! 🤣LOL LOVE THEM. I just haven't gotten to trying them on the PLUS yet, as I've been trying my own methodology this time around. I keep an Excel sheet going with all my settings for different driving games. As far as GT7 goes, I have yet to find something better for my driving style than the settings you posted a long while back on the DD PRO Thread. Anyway, good idea! I will try your settings after work.

Glad you secured your new base!
Thanks man.
Well the settings I've posted back then have been altered since then because of the physics changes.
But I didn't post them or kept them updated as I've noticed that FFB is absolutely personal preference.
My current settings haven't been touched for at least a year or so though.
Them settings are not meant to be the quickest though.
But to be honest I never cared about setting my FFB up to be the quickest possible.
Ppl can be quick with a g29 or t150 so for me it's about the driving experience itself.
And this base definitely got it right.
So so smooth much smoother then the dd pro, so much quicker response with way more heft to the effects.
Especially the constant weight even in neutral steering wheel axis is so much more pleasant and realistic.
There seems to be 0 Dead Zone and everything you feel happens so quickly yet intuitive it's definitely a mayor step up compared to the dd pro.
Not to mention the huge increase in Torque which is unnormal compared to the dd pro.
The base feels at least 3 times as powerful. I'm very sure that the 15NM are a constant value with peaks definitely possible beyond 20NM if not 25.
It's funny though to see some YouTube Lads posting their settings as if they knew what they're babbling about.
Honestly them Lads have no idea.
Them only goal is to be as fast as possible.
They don't appreciate the Technical possibilities this base got to offer.

I'd say that anyone who has a dd pro and thinks about upgrading...
If you're actually just using a fraction of the 8nm available and already think that it is more then enough... DON'T upgrade... there is no point
On the other hand if you're looking for an even more detailed and realistic and especially stronger quicker and more precise FFB Signal, then definitely go for it.
And prepare for a serious workout.
I was absolutely exhausted after my initial 2 hour stint... I honestly felt like a whimp 🤭

My ex wife's family was from Canton. What a terrible place. 😂 People actually choose to live there. 🤯
Hah. Small world. Played a little hockey in and around there growing up. Late 80’s, early 90’s. So no internet or anything really. Hockey, hunting/fishing, snowmobiling and /shudder. Xctry skiing….and freakin cold. Glad i learned the stuff i did back then. No desire to return…

Ahhhh the north country. When men are men and the sheep run scared 😋

Although, it does produce some of the best maple syrup i can’t live without. So damn good.

Anyway! I think fedex is punting on me today. Their page hasn’t been updated since checking it this morning, where it says today by 5. Ah well, pretty grateful to see movement at least. Hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Last edited:
So what used to take 1-2 business days, now takes 5-6+, "Thanks".

Jerome

Yeah. Unfortunately it is still a mess. I ordered this on 2/11 and just got it today.
Had no warning until I got FedEx text this morning.

Hope my dd+ and such really ships sometime close to 2/28. Have a brake kit and no pedals 😐

GL on your stuff getting delivered soon!
IMG_6589.jpeg

Yeah. Unfortunately it is still a mess. I ordered this on 2/11 and just got it today.
Had no warning until I got FedEx text this morning.

Hope my dd+ and such really ships sometime close to 2/28. Have a brake kit and no pedals 😐

GL on your stuff getting delivered soon!
View attachment 1330361
Same to you neighbor ;)

Jerome

Hope this sht is a joke and a bad one at that.
DD+ has gone from pre order 2/28 a few weeks back to available to ship last week, then back to 2/28 available as pre order tonight it shows 3/8 as pre order wtf?
I guess they must have a surplus extreme wheels and anyone wants the base only can piss off.
Edit: as of this morning not even gt extreme is available until 3/8. They will take your money now tho for an order today.

I’m sooo close to hitting that cancel order button 🤬

IMG_6590.jpeg

Even better yet. I sign in to check on my order and I find they are saying 3/12 available which is later than what they show for the e store

🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_6591.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks man.
Well the settings I've posted back then have been altered since then because of the physics changes.
But I didn't post them or kept them updated as I've noticed that FFB is absolutely personal preference.
My current settings haven't been touched for at least a year or so though.
Them settings are not meant to be the quickest though.
But to be honest I never cared about setting my FFB up to be the quickest possible.
Ppl can be quick with a g29 or t150 so for me it's about the driving experience itself.
And this base definitely got it right.
So so smooth much smoother then the dd pro, so much quicker response with way more heft to the effects.
Especially the constant weight even in neutral steering wheel axis is so much more pleasant and realistic.
There seems to be 0 Dead Zone and everything you feel happens so quickly yet intuitive it's definitely a mayor step up compared to the dd pro.
Not to mention the huge increase in Torque which is unnormal compared to the dd pro.
The base feels at least 3 times as powerful. I'm very sure that the 15NM are a constant value with peaks definitely possible beyond 20NM if not 25.
It's funny though to see some YouTube Lads posting their settings as if they knew what they're babbling about.
Honestly them Lads have no idea.
Them only goal is to be as fast as possible.
They don't appreciate the Technical possibilities this base got to offer.

I'd say that anyone who has a dd pro and thinks about upgrading...
If you're actually just using a fraction of the 8nm available and already think that it is more then enough... DON'T upgrade... there is no point
On the other hand if you're looking for an even more detailed and realistic and especially stronger quicker and more precise FFB Signal, then definitely go for it.
And prepare for a serious workout.
I was absolutely exhausted after my initial 2 hour stint... I honestly felt like a whimp 🤭
I couldn't agree more with all your points said! :D I want to be able to feel the car and the feedback as close to what I feel in real life as possible. I also think you can do so and be quick as well. Maybe not alien sweaty quick, but I play to have fun and race with my friends. This DD Plus base has made the fun and immersion level, next level!:)I'm glad I pulled that upgrade trigger.

The Wheel is awesome 🙌

... nice solution, and a stroke of luck that there were a couple available close to you. I wonder why he had three, maybe just got in early and bought them with the intention of reselling!

Great to hear a glowing report though, can't wait to try it out for myself.... I'd better go and check the Fanatec site (again), even though I know exactly what it will say.... :lol:

Hello guys
I just wanted to give those interested in my DD Extreme Settings a quick update
The following Settings should be more then enough to please anyone and provide a very rich and detailed FFB in GT7

Tuning Menu Settings
FFB 100
NDP 25
NFR 5
NIN 0
INT 4 ( very important)

GT7 In Game Settings
Torque 3
Sensitivity 8

ABS Setting Weak
Traction Control 1

These Settings provide an excellent driving experience with a very rich and detailed FFB.

Especially the INT Setting made a HUGE difference in overall feel.
Personally I wouldn't suggest going lower then 4 maybe 3 at absolute most with my Settings.
I 'll explain why.
The DD+ has a very very quick and harsh unfiltered way to transport the FFB.
Not comparable to the DD Pro.
With low INT Setting the Understeer Rattle becomes VERY apparent and very severe, leading to an unpleasant perception of the Cars' max available Traction Curve. It's simply too much and very distracting.
Other than that I'm absolutely convinced that my posted Settings should definitely satisfy all you out there trying to be as fast as possible whilst still keeping a firm and realistic mechanical and intuitive driving experience.
Feel free to give me your unfiltered opinion after trying them out and let's try to make it EVENTUALLY even better together with detailed explanation what u like/dislike and what you think could be improved and most important how.
Let's balance it out so we can enjoy GT7s precious FFB Driving Philosophy in the best possible way.

Hello guys
The following Settings should be more then enough to please anyone and provide a very rich and detailed FFB in GT7

Tuning Menu Settings
FFB 100
NDP 25
NFR 5
NIN 0
INT 4 ( very important)

GT7 In Game Settings
Torque 3
Sensitivity 8

ABS Setting Weak
Traction Control 1

These Settings provide an excellent driving experience with a very rich and detailed FFB.

Personally I wouldn't suggest going lower then 4 maybe 3 at absolute most with my Settings.
I 'll explain why.
With low INT Setting the Understeer Rattle becomes VERY apparent and very severe, leading to an unpleasant perception of the Cars' max available Traction Curve. It's simply too much and very distracting.
Other than that I'm absolutely convinced that my posted Settings should definitely satisfy all you out there trying to be as fast as possible whilst still keeping a firm and realistic mechanical and intuitive driving experience.
Feel free to give me your unfiltered opinion after trying them out and let's try to make it EVENTUALLY even better together with detailed explanation what u like/dislike and what you think could be improved and most important how.
Let's balance it out so we can enjoy GT7s precious FFB Driving Philosophy in the best possible way.
I'll give your settings a try soon, they are close to what I have set, biggest difference is the in game settings, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Jerome

Hello guys

Tuning Menu Settings
FFB 100
NDP 25
NFR 5
NIN 0
INT 4 ( very important)

GT7 In Game Settings
Torque 3
Sensitivity 8

ABS Setting Weak
Traction Control 1

I 'll explain why.
Quick question. What size wheel did you use to find your settings? With the dd pro i found the wheel settings were a little different between my 265mm yoke and 330 round. For instance with the 265mm yoke int off made wheel chatter feel like an staccato jolt, adding int 2 helped it feel more like wheels. Been pondering whether there might be a ‘correct,’ int for each wheel size. (This is more thinking aloud than theory 😬)

I'm really trying my best to not buy this and you're not helping. Is it safe to say that even without TrueForce implemented, this base is a significant improvement over the DD Pro? Because I feel like GT7 is very vague feeling in comparison to ACC.

Last edited:
I'm really trying my best to not buy this and you're not helping. Is it safe to say that even without TrueForce implemented, this base is a significant improvement over the DD Pro? Because I feel like GT7 is very vague feeling in comparison to ACC.
I know this won't help you, but I picked up the wheelbase on the premise that GT7 and (hopefully) ACC will bring in support for the TF 2.0. With how exceptional ACC FFB is already and how standard/good GT7s is, I can't wait to see how both games will improve. And, I sold my old Podium wheelbase to help ease the costs too ;)

Jerome

I'll give your settings a try soon, they are close to what I have set, biggest difference is the in game settings, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Jerome
Cool, looking forward to hear back what you think of it 👍
BTW I lowered the FFB Signal on the Base to 95 %
I simply can't race as quick and precise as I'd like to on 100%.
Too exhausting and fatigue kicks in after 10min.
Precision suffers and so do my lap times and consistency.
Still plenty enough on 95 though just more manageable even during longer runs.
Best thing though the base doesn't crack a single bit during these longer runs.
The Signal stays very strong and sharp throughout even 30min stints.
Absolutely awesome.
No loss of FFB... Wow 😮
Quick question. What size wheel did you use to find your settings? With the dd pro i found the wheel settings were a little different between my 265mm yoke and 330 round. For instance with the 265mm yoke int off made wheel chatter feel like an staccato jolt, adding int 2 helped it feel more like wheels. Been pondering whether there might be a ‘correct,’ int for each wheel size. (This is more thinking aloud than theory 😬)
I was using the 300mm Extreme Rim.
After that I switched to the McLaren V2 which is 300mm too.
They both felt almost identical but the Rubber Grips on the V2 were easier to hold on to during longer Sessions.
Definitely will need to get me a pair of Thin and grippy racing gloves for the Extreme Rim.
My Hands, Wrists and especially front Shoulders have been humiliated today... Jesus I never felt that exhausted in my whole Sim Racing Era 🤭
Absolutely 100%. Huge Improvement in every way. Power, Quickness, Sharpness and especially Smoothness and Overall FFB Transparency are on another level imo.
How many newton’s would you tighten the wheel base to the stand with?

Im thinking 15nm each?
I used all of the 4 Nuts provided to attach the base to my PlaySeat Trophy.
I used 16mm screws with Washers.
I tightened them by feel and is mounted Rock Solid.
No way it's going to come loose.

The GT DD extreme steering wheel is currently not compatible with the GT DD Pro base.
Yup I read that somewhere but wanted to ask if anybody here has tried it themselves. I guess I can try it myself when my DD Extreme arrives in a couple of weeks

Hello there,
The following are my 99.9% Finalized GT7 Settings
Tuning Menu Settings
FFB 95
NDP 25
NFR 5
NIN 1
INT 4

GT7 In Game Settings
Torque 3
Sensitivity 8

ABS Setting Weak
Traction Control 1

The Inertia 1 click filtered out some little bit weight shift twitchiness on corner entry and exit.
Made the Driving line a bit more precise and helped with stability especially when hitting corner curbs.

You may alter the torque settings to your personal fitness level as well as to specific Car classes.
These Settings work very well with medium down force cars like gt3 or gt4 as well as with many Production Cars.
With high downforce cars like Gr1 and 2 I personally lower the Torque Setting but again this STRICTLY refers to your personal strength and fitness level.

But the Baseline Settings feel pretty damn good.
Oversteer as well as Understeer and general Stability are felt excellent and very quickly.
Very intuitive and easy to understand what the Car is doing without any unnecessary signals which only distract and shift your focus away from what you should do and therefore interferes with your perception what's actually going on with the Car.
These Settings are very well synchronized so I highly advise you in case you want to give them a try to use the exact values, and like I mentioned, only change the FFB/Torque Settings if you feel you're fighting the Wheel too much.
Have a good one and hope to hear back some critical and useful opinions how you feel about them Settings.
I'm very sure you'll be delighted 😊

Yup I read that somewhere but wanted to ask if anybody here has tried it themselves. I guess I can try it myself when my DD Extreme arrives in a couple of weeks
According to Fanatec (from their forums) the necessary code has not been implemented to any other base than the DD Plus. So it won't work.

Interesting.

That shearing of the back/bolts is exactly how my original dd pro wheel broke. Not sure exactly when as it wedged and held on by a bolt for a while. But my guess, is one of a few times before i had my next level lite stand wedged in properly.. Held the wheel during a crash and it lifted the dang thing and it slammed on the ground. Probably the beginning of my dd pro going pear shaped.

My ddX arrived at 330 yesterday, but i only got an hour in as i had a meeting with a knucklehead @ 5. In my short time i ran full strength on the wheel. 3/1 in game and ran through int 1-5. Int 4 is the way.

Initial feels are pretty good with this thing. Weight and tire feel are much better. Slides and wheel slip were easier to detect as was a generally better feel of momentum. Looking forward to giving it a good run today.

Last edited:
That shearing of the back/bolts is exactly how my original dd pro wheel broke. Not sure exactly when as it wedged and held on by a bolt for a while. But my guess, is one of a few times before i had my next level lite stand wedged in properly.. Held the wheel during a crash and it lifted the dang thing and it slammed on the ground. Probably the beginning of my dd pro going pear shaped.

My ddX arrived at 330 yesterday, but i only got an hour in as i had a meeting with a knucklehead @ 5. In my short time i ran full strength on the wheel. 3/1 in game and ran through int 1-5. Int 4 is the way.

Initial feels are pretty good with this thing. Weight and tire feel are much better. Slides and wheel slip were easier to detect as was a generally better feel of momentum. Looking forward to giving it a good run today.
I find myself pulling and pushing harder than I should on my DD Pro. It's on a playseat challenge which is barely enough for 8nm, even reinforced. It works but I'm a pretty big guy and I've been doing manual physical labor my whole life so I tend to not understand the force I apply to things that others may not. It's probably best that it's on a flexible rig so the tubing takes the brunt of the force and not the actual wheelbase quite as much. I've definitely flexed it enough that I thought I broke it before but it's pretty tough for a cheap purpose built rig.

Back