Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Bases & Bundles Are Back in Stock (For Now)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 23 comments
No, my posts are also about that we cant sell cars and that we dont have dynamic weather in Sport mode :cheers:
Well, can you at least mention how you can’t read anything from a rig? Like, every single post, until someone at DP sees it?

Nothing wrong in beating the same drum. The DDPro is an official product and whoever is to blame Polyphony or Fanatec it’s disgraceful given the money invested. I purchased an entire setup and couldn’t be more disappointed for me and my son.
Given how great the DD Pro feels in iRacing, ACC, AC and AMS2 I think we can safely lay the blame at Polyphony's door.

For the numb FFB of GT7, even a T300 or T-GT wheel is good enough

I can't agree more, if this is only for GT7, this is a waste of money
It's not all about force feedback. I find that the cars are easier to control using the DD Pro than they were when I was using my CSL Elite. I'm not sure that I'm any faster but I'm certainly more consistent and can hold, and recover from, slides easier.

Given how great the DD Pro feels in iRacing, ACC, AC and AMS2 I think we can safely lay the blame at Polyphony's door.
Thanks for clarifying, I was about to ask…With that in mind and looking at the 1.8.2 update for PS5 ACC is looking and sounding great:

As for the large number of complaints, about selling cars; I couldn’t give a stuff about that. For me it should be about immersion options and GT7 is severely lacking when it comes to telemetry data being made available for the likes of SimHub. ACC will scratch this itch.

i can't be the only one who feels like they dodged a bullet by deciding not to buy one of these before the game released!

i would think most 'potential' buyers would've been Sport mode users... but with how little Polyphony invests in that mode, I can't imagine I would've come close to playing the hours necessary to make it worth it.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Bases & Bundles Are Back in Stock (For Now)

If you’ve been waiting to get your hands on the official wheel of Gran Turismo 7, the Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro, now might be your chance as Fanatec is once again carrying stock — but you’ll need to be quick...
I would recommend NOT getting the WHEEL.

I have one and am on my 3rd QR Lite, and have had to have the L2 and R2 levers replaced after only a couple months as they broke off.

Support is VERY slow and they act like they don't know that QR lite is garbage. Watch the boosted media video explaining all the wheel levels, CSL is the entry level, the guy says this WHEEL is below that...

Fanatec recommended that I get the BMW Clubsport V2 ($350) to "convince me of their quality"...

The bundled wheel isn't great to be fair but I don't regret getting the DD Pro. I've now added the load cell and McLaren GT3 wheel and couldn't be happier. Yes the QR lite isn't the best but I've seen people report similar issues of slipping on the QR1.

I would recommend NOT getting the WHEEL.

I have one and am on my 3rd QR Lite, and have had to have the L2 and R2 levers replaced after only a couple months as they broke off.

Support is VERY slow and they act like they don't know that QR lite is garbage. Watch the boosted media video explaining all the wheel levels, CSL is the entry level, the guy says this WHEEL is below that...

Fanatec recommended that I get the BMW Clubsport V2 ($350) to "convince me of their quality"...
I would recommend it.

I have one too and it's all original and nothing has broken. It's the best wheel base I've ever used, but the standard pedals are a bit meh.

The base and pedals are fine, I like them. The wheel however...

Back in the GT6 days I had a Logitec for YEARS and it never broke and didn't cost $800. The quality of the GT wheel is lacking for serious users. I use it EVERY day, I would guess a minimum of 100 miles a day. I mapped L2 to nitrous, and R2 to e brake. L2 lasted like 2 months, r2 a little longer because I don't do dirt very often, until I remapped it to the nitrous after L2 broke off, and then it went as well...

As for the QR Lite... What a complete piece of garbage, I tightened the bolts, it still wouldn't stop popping and creaking like a floor in a 100 year old house. They sent me another one, a month later the same crap again. When I sent it in to get the levers replaced they replaced the QR lite again (#3), now it is WORSE!!! Plastic garbage. But hey you can spend $100 to get qr1... Apparently that one isn't great either because they keep talking about QR2 coming out "soon".

Disappointing for $800, now they want me to spend $350 to get a wheel to "convince me of their quality" grrr...

Nothing wrong in beating the same drum. The DDPro is an official product and whoever is to blame Polyphony or Fanatec it’s disgraceful given the money invested. I purchased an entire setup and couldn’t be more disappointed for me and my son.

Yup equally disappointed, the rubber on my wheel grip wore all the way through after just 4 months of medium use. Fanatec took no interest and just blamed it on the fact I wear sim racing gloves

It's not all about force feedback. I find that the cars are easier to control using the DD Pro than they were when I was using my CSL Elite. I'm not sure that I'm any faster but I'm certainly more consistent and can hold, and recover from, slides easier.
I also have a gt2 wheel and a csr elite years ago, theses where expensive products for poor quality and awful support for consoles players, I've got a load of problem on theirs gears, I will not recommend, higher prices for a poor Chinese made product, only the marketing is German
Now I own a t300rs for almost ten years and it works flawlessly

Maybe Indeed you are a bit faster, good for you, but regarding the price and the poor quality, not for me

Last edited:
i can't be the only one who feels like they dodged a bullet by deciding not to buy one of these before the game released!

i would think most 'potential' buyers would've been Sport mode users... but with how little Polyphony invests in that mode, I can't imagine I would've come close to playing the hours necessary to make it worth it.
Yep bullet dodged for me too with how GT7 turned out, the FFB in the game and the wheel quality.

I have to say I don't like anything about the GT wheel rim (I disliked the Thrustmaster version as well). Polyphony have horrible taste in wheel rim design in my view.

So when I bought my DD Pro I went for the standalone model so I could choose my own rim.

It’s already out of stock ?
As far as I can see for the USA/Canada region the standalone base is still available.
In Europe I think it was only available for a very short time period and has been sold out again for one or two days. Depends on your region due to different warehouses

Edit: Nevermind, just looked in the profile and saw that les expos is from Canada so just ignore me

Last edited:
Back