Fanatec GT2 CS edition order status

• Thread starter lunarwolf
  • 863 comments
I know some have already received delivery of the wheel and pedals if ordered seperately, but was wondering if the rest of us who ordered the package deal (wheel, CSP, shifter, paddles) had received their order

it's now Jan we have all been patient, and now the orders should start arriving - thought this thread could be useful for some of us in similar situation

item: GT2 CS edition
ordered: dec 14th

Thomas has said on his blog that it'll be most likely be the end of January:

"We will ship all orders in January as advertized. It will rather be late January."
.... taken from the shipping dates post.

Thomas has said on his blog that it'll be most likely be the end of January:

"We will ship all orders in January as advertized. It will rather be late January."
.... taken from the shipping dates post.

Claudia told me early Jan :nervous:

the thrustmaster is available mid-jan, cheaper and better customer service which makes me seriously reconsider

if i don't get a confirmation of shipping soon, then i will cancel and get a bloody refund

ordered: dec 30th

I just wanted so start the same thread. A little bit more info from fanatec should be possible.
I would also like to know if my late order will be in the januar shipping. Dont want to wait till april or something like that....

Ok not the GT2 but the GT3, lets see when it will arrive...

item: GT3 CS edition
ordered: jan 2nd

Just in case the eyes at Fanatec are watching... I'm pretty much sold on wanting a GT2 but I can guarantee that if I'm in a store and see a t500 I am gonig to be VERY tempted to pick it up.

Let us know when they are shipping or at least soem sort of update! It will keep us people on the fence waiting.

Claudia told me early Jan :nervous:

the thrustmaster is available mid-jan, cheaper and better customer service which makes me seriously reconsider

if i don't get a confirmation of shipping soon, then i will cancel and get a bloody refund

Somebody else said that on the thread, Thomas replied saying that he's more conservative with his estimates because if people get their packages early they're happy!

I do think they owe their customers an update before everyone starts to jump ship...

Just in case the eyes at Fanatec are watching... I'm pretty much sold on wanting a GT2 but I can guarantee that if I'm in a store and see a t500 I am gonig to be VERY tempted to pick it up.

Let us know when they are shipping or at least soem sort of update! It will keep us people on the fence waiting.

+1
it will be hard to resist buying a T500RS if I see the boxes stocked 2m high in my local electronic stores. iibc, isn't the thrustmaster wheel being released Thursday (january 06)?

I have to keep telling myself...the thrustmaster will not work on my Xbox360, the thrustmaster will not work on my Xbox360, the thrustmaster will not work on my Xbox360, the thrustmaster will not work on my Xbox360...
:sly:

+1
it will be hard to resist buying a T500RS if I see the boxes stocked 2m high in my local electronic stores. iibc, isn't the thrustmaster wheel being released Thursday (january 06)?

I have to keep telling myself...the thrustmaster will not work on my Xbox360, the thrustmaster will not work on my Xbox360, the thrustmaster will not work on my Xbox360, the thrustmaster will not work on my Xbox360...
:sly:

Yeah, but at least it will reliably work on your PS3... ;)

Somebody else said that on the thread, Thomas replied saying that he's more conservative with his estimates because if people get their packages early they're happy!

I do think they owe their customers an update before everyone starts to jump ship...

didn't know and frankly not bothered. they are niche "luxury" company, but with that comes quality of service. i don't mind paying for quality but i expect and demand service. i do not take kindly to being treated like a mushroom

ordered: dec 23rd

I am actually OK with it being late January (agreed, it better be late January and not mid year). That way I can take a look at the T500 and decide which is better. I am not sold either way, I just want the best experience I can. The Xbox360 compatibility is a plus though.

I'd like to know when the GT3 CS will be shipping to UK. May order one, depends on how long it's going to take. If it's gonna be mid january fine, if not I may look elsewhere. If fanatec replies to this thread could you update us with a little bit more detail when in january different items are expected to ship please, would be very grateful!

didn't know and frankly not bothered. they are niche "luxury" company, but with that comes quality of service. i don't mind paying for quality but i expect and demand service. i do not take kindly to being treated like a mushroom

Very well put. If youdon't mind I will be using your comment from now on when people ask why I am so frsutrated with my GT2 experience thus far.

And to the OP, I have a prepaid CSP order that is in limbo since mid December but have already taken delivery of the GT2 wheel.

There is no pattern to Fanatecs order/delivery/status update issues.

Fanatec is slammed with demand and orders to fill coming off of Christmas and even more so, the GT5 release. I know it sucks to wait but if you've been in line for 3 weeks to a month and drop out now, you're back at the end.

The same thing happened around the Street Fighter 4 launch with fight sticks. The market went from almost no demand, to HIGH DEMAND, back to low demand in about 6 months. Everyone on the Shoryuken boards was super butt-hurt. Distributors ran out of materials. I worked at a game store and we took dozens of calls per day... I'm sure the racing wheel market will go/is going through the same thing, maybe even on a somewhat longer time scale thanks to the more mainstream attraction of Gran Turismo.

I don't think Fanatec is handling the problem ideally myself, but they're not alone. Logitech is out of G27's and DFGT's. I'm sure T500RS's will sell out just because people will pay to get something NOW, but then they'll be backordered too. And who else makes a decent PS3 compatible FFB wheel?

You might just have to suck it up, dig in, and wait it out.

Fanatec is slammed with demand and orders to fill coming off of Christmas and even more so, the GT5 release. I know it sucks to wait but if you've been in line for 3 weeks to a month and drop out now, you're back at the end.

1. I couldn't care less about their logistic issues. i was told it would ship early jan so i expect to be shipped early jan.

2. I do not appreciate that i am billed/debited the day of order without shipment - i could have kept the money in the bank and earned interest (is that what they are doing with my cash?).

3. I will not go to back at the end since i will order another product

4. furthermore it seems this product isn't that straightforward compatible with GT5 as was said by Thomas himself on countless videos/posts - i can't say for sure since I don't have first hand experience, but others have.

5. i would not compare logitech customer service to fanatec. i have dealt with logitech on several occasions and they have been flawless, professional and reactive. in fact i highly rate their customer service, one of the best i have dealt with on the web.

if i do not get wheel early jan as promised I will file a complaint with Paypal. simple as!

Great thread guys...I am a prospective buyer of the GT2 bundle with the CS pedals. I had my CC in my hand and ready to order over the weekend....but I am glad I held off. I hate the idea of the long shipping time to the US, but knowing that something isnt going to even ship right away...eh no thanks.

Hey lunarwolf, I'm with you pal. I'm not looking to defend them as much as soothe you a bit! Peace. Do what you gotta do! It just might not be that much easier anyplace else!

I'm a big Logitech fan myself, and managed to sneak in a G27 order in before Christmas (loving it) to replace my DFP (which I passed on, 100% working after over 6 years to a family member... and it's still going strong!) so I know they are a company that backs it's products, and I've used their gear for years... and other than the mini keyboards that my MAME cab kept killing, never had a issue.

As for Fanatec, they're presently victims of their own success is what it looks like to me.

@ Lunawolf : Just out of interest when did you get "promised" early January? I placed an order Dec 4th too but was under the impression shipping was always January for the CS edition with no specifics as to time of the month.

I don't think Fanatec is handling the problem ideally myself, but they're not alone. Logitech is out of G27's and DFGT's. I'm sure T500RS's will sell out just because people will pay to get something NOW, but then they'll be backordered too. And who else makes a decent PS3 compatible FFB wheel?

That's the point. Luckily I don't have to turn every penny twice. So I dont care so much if the product is a bit pricey. But if I buy a pricey product I expect:

- quality
- good/fast service/support
- and I dont want to wait months on a product, which is not individually build for me

I dont owe a xbox. But someday maybe. At the moment I don't need the xbox support and if I see TThrustmaster in the stores...

i got that "promise of early jan" from Claudia on Dec 23rd when she replied.

so they have a few days, then i cancel by mid jan at the latest.

i don't want to hear end jan there has been a flood in china and finally get my wheel on April Fool's day, after doing some more research it seems it's not unusual to wait 3 months, and then some stuff missing, not working etc... and this is only pre sale which should be smooth, makes me really wonder about aftersales

@lunarwolf : good because I was about to say there's no need to contact paypal over this as fanatec will refund you the money straight away if you contact them. I did exactly that this morning to place an order for a t500rs, but not for the shipping time reasons.

If you're worried about aftersales and reliability then the thrustmaster might be a better option for you. But if it's only a question of having to wait a bit longer to get a product that you really want then I'd suggest exercising a little patience! I've been on a waiting list for nearly 9 months before for a real car, a month to wait for some gaming hardware isn't really that long.

We just received new shipments and still get more and more inventory. We already ship open orders and in January will will be able to ship all backorders for sure.

To be honest, we did not expect that our wheels seem to be the best choice for GT5 as I expected better support for the other high-end wheels. It seems that our Tuning feature compensates for the lack of setup options in GT5 and I was also suprised that the game did not have the same adjustability as it is common in any PC sim. But hey, I will certainly not complain about that.

If you like to get the shipments faster, I recommend to order the wheel and pedals separatly and not go for the Clubsport packages. Due to logistic reasons we need to ship the CS editions alltogether and if there is one component missing it will delay everything. On all other orders we make partial shipments with no extra cost as soon as the products arrive. And we have CSPs, PWGT3RS and PWGT2 in stock.

@ Lunawolf : Just out of interest when did you get "promised" early January? I placed an order Dec 4th too but was under the impression shipping was always January for the CS edition with no specifics as to time of the month.

Then they should NOT dock the money from your card/PayPal UNTIL they ship.

Pre-charging for orders is borderline fraud when such volumes of product and then common and repeated delays are the norm.

This needs to be carefully watched by them especially when interstate postal sales are involved.

Mailorder business is very carefully regulated in the USA - and with so many irate customers Fanatec needs to change their way of doing business very quickly or pay the price literally.

What delays are you talking about? We advertised that we will ship in January and this is what we will do. Everything goes smoothly and follows the plan.

We were even able to ship some of the January orders already in December so people were getting it earlier than advertized.

Not sure why some of you are complaining so heavily and what makes you so angry...

You are of course free to order the wheel and pedals separatly and we will ship it right away. Why do you think that you cannot do that?

Back