Fanatec Opens Limited Pre-Orders for New CSL Elite McLaren GT3 Wheel

Jeez, another great setup!!! Btw can you see visible difference in the VR image now with the Pro?

Thanks
Yes, image quality is much improved with the Pro, screen door is only now noticeable if you look for it. The Pro is not a second generation headset but if you’ve got the money and you don’t mind spending it then it’s a worthy upgrade.

Yes, image quality is much improved with the Pro, screen door is only now noticeable if you look for it. The Pro is not a second generation headset but if you’ve got the money and you don’t mind spending it then it’s a worthy upgrade.

PzR first...man...so impressed with your setup. Nicely done.

Second, I have the pro and I have the PSVR second gen headset. I just haven't had the time to set Anyang up and test it out. Life and family.

I will let you guys know what it's like when I do.

Thank you, T-Dubs buddy, but as mentioned before it just is not working as PS4 button for me. It doesn't do anything.

With the McLaren rim on I was unable to tell if it switched from Fanatec to Fanalog. In Fanatec it would operate as the CSL wheel on PS4. I wonder if I change it to Fanatec with the BMW rim then change to the McLaren it might function then.

With the McLaren rim on I was unable to tell if it switched from Fanatec to Fanalog. In Fanatec it would operate as the CSL wheel on PS4. I wonder if I change it to Fanatec with the BMW rim then change to the McLaren it might function then.

Boy, KD, let us know how that works out if you do it.

Boy, KD, let us know how that works out if you do it.

Negative. So in Fanatec mode no PS button and while the funky switch will scroll through the MFD settings I am unable to change any of them (ABS, TC and fuel trim). It would be possible to map in game some other button for MFD + or - though.

Negative. So in Fanatec mode no PS button and while the funky switch will scroll through the MFD settings I am unable to change any of them (ABS, TC and fuel trim). It would be possible to map in game some other button for MFD + or - though.

I'll have to double check what mode I'm in, but I think I'm in Fanatec Mode. Because I'm able to adjust the TCS and Fuel trim with the funky switch by pressing up or down on the funky switch.

I'll have to double check what mode I'm in, but I think I'm in Fanatec Mode. Because I'm able to adjust the TCS and Fuel trim with the funky switch by pressing up or down on the funky switch.

You might have the PS4 CSL Wheel. Good times indeed sir.

Guys can anyone confirm If I purchased a McLaren GT3 Wheel via eBay if the warranty is transferable to the new owner? I don't want to wait nearly a month If I can avoid it! :) when I could have one by Wednesday pending this Info etc!

Plus after reading some issues with certain one's which were not meant to be sent out I'm slightly concerned If I were to get one and be told No because I wasn't the original buyer etc.

@Fanatec...

Last edited:
Guys can anyone confirm If I purchased a McLaren GT3 Wheel via eBay if the warranty is transferable to the new owner? I don't want to wait nearly a month If I can avoid it! :) when I could have one by Wednesday pending this Info etc!

Plus after reading some issues with certain one's which were not meant to be sent out I'm slightly concerned If I were to get one and be told No because I wasn't the original buyer etc.

@Fanatec...
Any questions regarding warranty it is best to contact Fanatec directly.

@Fanatec...
In the US, likely not. They state that you must have the original bill from the order and that they will only accept returns (not necessarily warranty repair) on items purchased from Fanatec.com. However, they never state that it isn't transferable. Just send them an email.

Photo's of My Setup & Closer look at the Wheel,

What can I say other than... WOW! Amazing build quality feels so nice to hold the wheel in your hands, Rubber grips are groved and feel Just as you'd expect. Comfortable for long play sessions. Took me a few hours to setup and calibrate the wheel and rim to GT Sport as the Centre point is always slightly 2 Degrees to the right or left on My CSL Elite which I've always found to be very odd. Getting used to racing with the wheel but It's certainly a change from the P1 but a welcome change.

Quick Release System works well. Feels extremely solid and well made and part of the unit.

The Carbon Fibre Body scratches very easily so I would recommend wearing Gloves/Racing Gloves when mounting or De-Mounting It from your rig to avoid scratching It like I stupidly done when It took a bit more force to remove than I expected first time. Removed the Xbox One Button Caps straight away & Replaced them with the PS4 Button Caps that came with My CSL Elite. I only received generic button caps in the box of my one & Mini Stickers which I haven't decided where I should place them!

Anyways thoroughly enjoy using the Rim & 100% Satisfied with my purchase. Great Job @Fanatec...

So I got my rim yesterday, and I tested it the whole night in IRacing. My first impression is quite good.

Lets start with the QR. It will cost around 99€ (yes it is quite expensive), it is worth if you switch your rims often. I do it a lot, switching between Road and Ovals and the transition is flawless. Plus the QR gives a better ahestetic.

The rim, even with the QR, is so light. The feeling of the FFB is so good because of that. Also because of the weight, the rim is quick to turn left and right.
The big plus is the shape and diameter. The 30 cm make a lot of difference in handaling cars instead of the 26/27 of the F1 rim, and using GT3 it is perfect.
While I don't like it the rubber, the grip is wider then the F1, and it is more comfortable for the hands.
Last positive factor are the shifters, they have good resistences and Quick shift. I think it has the best shifters of all Fanatec rims.

Now the cons, it has some cons. First the materiale. While it looks fantastic (yes it is the McLaren GT3 replica, it has to look amazing) I am not completly sold it of the materials, I would expect more from them. I put it next to the BMW rim and F1 Carbon rim. The quality built from them (especially the BMW) is superior. The double clutch in plastic is pretty meh next to the alluminium shifter.

All in all, it is a great rim, in my opinion is the best rim from Fanatec for cars like GT3, GTE, Porsche Cup and LMP. I like it better then the F1 rim.
I would have pay more for metal clutch and better materials all around, but still a great choice, and I am happy that I bought it from ebay and didn't wait for more then a month for the preorder.

Now the cons, it has some cons. First the materiale. While it looks fantastic (yes it is the McLaren GT3 replica, it has to look amazing) I am not completly sold it of the materials, I would expect more from them. I put it next to the BMW rim and F1 Carbon rim. The quality built from them (especially the BMW) is superior. The double clutch in plastic is pretty meh next to the alluminium shifter.
Come on dude!

BMW Rim 299.95 Euros
GT3 Rim 179.95 Euros

2b07.png
⬇️
2757.png
❗️Comment and win
2757.png
❗️
2b07.png
⬇️

Guess
1f9d0.png
Olli's lap time and win
1f3c6.png
our CSL Elite McLaren GT3:

Platform: iRacing
Car: McLaren 650s GT3
Equipment: CSL Elite racing wheel for PS4 and the CSL Elite McLaren GT3 steering wheel for Xbox
Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife Touristenfahrten
Challenge: No pedals !
Time:
2753.png
2753.png
2753.png

Closest guess wins
1f381.png
! Full lap video
1f3ac.png
and winner revealed on Monday 21st of May!

Wooohoooo

There appears to be some writing on the plastic just below the main PCB. That usually states what the plastic is made of, if it's reinforced and by how much. Would have been nice if he highlighted that. For people worrying about mounting the wheel to a direct drive base that should tell you a lot more than "It feels sturdy enough"

It would look something like this

OE-Quality-PA66-GF30-Engine-Cooling-Thermostat-Housing-Cover-Water-Temperature-Temp-Sensor-For-Cruze-Astra.jpg

There is no need for an implementation. it will work with all games on all platforms as long as analog clutch is supported.

Is analog clutch supported on GT Sport? Clutch pedal/paddles don't work at all on many racecars in GT Sport it seems?

Yeah Slim (and thanks again last week), now that I've fully converted to the fanatec eco-system (or will once my purchases arrive) anything that I get from here on out from fanatec are investments for now, and into the future.

How do you like the Fanatic PS4 CSL Elite Racing Wheel? If you don't mind me asking about how much did you end up paying for it. And does it work
as well as they say?

garystevens64

Back