Fanatec Opens Limited Pre-Orders for New CSL Elite McLaren GT3 Wheel

I ordered that wheel may 18th. At this moment, fanatec website stated that my order will be shipped from june 21st. Ok, no prob, my current wheel still works pretty fine anyway.
Today, I received a mail from UPS saying that my order has been shipped and should arrive in 2 days.
So I checked the fanatec website and it says that shipping will start from june 21st.

Any reason I receive my wheel far before the official date?

Last edited:
I ordered mine on the 4th of May and I got the message that it shipped today...as to your question, does it really matter? If you receive your wheel before the official date you're more than welcome to not open it until that date or have your carrier hold it for you until the official day.

I ordered that wheel may 18th. At this moment, fanatec website stated that my order will be shipped from june 21st. Ok, no prob, my current wheel still works pretty fine anyway.
Today, I received a mail from UPS saying that my order has been shipped and should arrive in 2 days.
So I checked the fanatec website and it says that shipping will start from june 21st.

I ordered my wheel May 18th I selected a shipping 2 day. My wheels is in California will be in Ohio Thursday by 8 p.m.. if you chosen standard shipping likely takes a week and a half to two weeks

I ordered my wheel May 18th I selected a shipping 2 day. My wheels is in California will be in Ohio Thursday by 8 p.m.. if you chosen standard shipping likely takes a week and a half to two weeks
I believe he's in France. So I think shipping depends on how far he is from the local warehouse but also who is on strike at the moment and where.

I say it in good fun.

I believe he's in France. So I think shipping depends on how far he is from the local warehouse but also who is on strike at the moment and where.

I say it in good fun.
Yeah I live in France. I think that I received my CSL Elite racing wheel 4 days after my order with standard shipping.

I know I'm late to the "impressions of the GT3 wheel" party but screw it, here's mine.

It's awesome. Buy it.
Things I like
- Good weight and size
- Nice tactile feel on the shifter paddles
- Nice tactile feel on the dials
- Quick release upgrade is a must IMO
- FFB feels great as expected
- Zero flex

Some things I don't really care for:
- The clutch paddles seem so cheap with the exposed side. They also feel cheap so I'll see if I can swap them for some aluminum or wrap them in something.
- the letter buttons simply don't feel as good as the Xbox button. I would have liked to for them to use the same actuators for both.. The xbox button has a very small take up with no "crunchiness" and sponginess then a great feeling click. The other buttons (XYBA) have a very spongy take-up then a click. Just feels weird to me and I'm not a fan.
- The rubber molding. It feels nice and grippy now, but I live in a coastal environment where the air somewhat salty and humid. This usually wreaks havoc on rubberized items like remote controls, power tools, etc. They become sticky after a while and it's impossible to clean it. I will look into wrapping them ASAP without using an adhesive so as to not permanently damage the grips underneath.
- The removal tool in the cubby rattles around so I took it out.

All in all I am happy with the purchase and I would recommend it to anybody with a Fanatec system.

Edit: Update

After using the rim for a several more hours on GTS, F7, F1 '17, a few things I've noticed:

The rubber grips have to go. They are the type that get really tacky when exposed to the slightest bit of moisture and the seam is 1980s American car levels of quality control, especially on the top part outer of the thumb hole. Basically it's not flush in any sense of the word.

@Lichti I tried to replicate the issue you've experience and I can't, so perhaps you can notify Fanatec.

Last edited:
All you pre-orderers out there that also pre-ordered with the QR don't forget to use your coupon code! I used mine to pickup the Clubsport handbrake I have had my eye on for awhile now.

So I'm looking at getting this wheel along with the new CSL + base, it seems like that would let me use the same wheel and base for both Xbox and PS4. Has anyone used this combo successfully on both consoles?

So I'm looking at getting this wheel along with the new CSL + base, it seems like that would let me use the same wheel and base for both Xbox and PS4. Has anyone used this combo successfully on both consoles?
It will work on both consoles!

Epic. I had the old Turbo S wheel for my PS3/360 and this is why I haven’t upgraded. Will be nice to have a proper wheel setup again.
I still keep my Turbo S;) Only Fanatec doing the magic to have one wheel for all current platforms;)

@BuckFly has Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 with DriveHub.

@garystevens64

Sorry that I have been so busy and missed this.

I love my set-up. The center wiggle is an issue, but I don’t think that has anything to do with the drive hub.

Drive hub worked just as well with my TX wheel.

The Drive Hub is honestly a gift to us multi-console owner.

@garystevens64

Sorry that I have been so busy and missed this.

I love my set-up. The center wiggle is an issue, but I don’t think that has anything to do with the drive hub.

Drive hub worked just as well with my TX wheel.

The Drive Hub is honestly a gift to us multi-console owner.
I will second that - DriveHub is insanely good product!!!

When will the people (like me), who bought and paid for the McLaren GT3 steering wheel AND Clubsport Quick Release on Black Friday, get the 100 euro voucher we were promised???

We didn't get the QR for free like the "wheel-only" buyers.

When will the people (like me), who bought and paid for the McLaren GT3 steering wheel AND Clubsport Quick Release on Black Friday, get the 100 euro voucher we were promised???

Check, your Fanatec profile, you must have it inside...

You already got an email telling you how to get your discount.

Despite being nervous about the quality of the rubber grips - and their longevity - I'm keen to aquire one of these. I've got a clubsport v2 with the quick release which I bought in a bundle, so can anyone point me in the best direction to buy one? Any discount codes floating around (is that cheeky?) ? I think I had a look and the QR upgrade was pretty expensive....

Despite being nervous about the quality of the rubber grips - and their longevity - I'm keen to aquire one of these. I've got a clubsport v2 with the quick release which I bought in a bundle, so can anyone point me in the best direction to buy one? Any discount codes floating around (is that cheeky?) ? I think I had a look and the QR upgrade was pretty expensive....

Sorry I don’t have any discounts to direct you to. I do have a V2 and purchased the McLaren wheel. The QR is a bit expensive, but believe me you will be disappointed if you don’t get it too.

Despite being nervous about the quality of the rubber grips - and their longevity - ....
There is nothing wrong with the rubber grips ... they are high quality, well made, and will last.

With most gripping surfaces there is degrading of the material if it is not protected, or cared for.
Wear gloves with your racing wheels, and they will last way longer than you need them to.
Oils and acids from your sweaty hands, or harsh cleaning liquids are what attack the gripping surface over time.
Keep your wheels clean, and you'll never have a problem.
edit: Direct sunlight through a window is probably bad, too.

The solid, metal-to-metal connection of the quick-release upgrade is easily worth the money, especially considering that the wheel is so inexpensive at base price.

Last edited:
Great to see it get put through it's paces on a direct drive setup. Definitely looks like it should be more than strong enough to run on the new DD setups from Fanatec with the metal quick release.

Pretty crazy to watch someone driving with a 13Nm-26Nm wheel at super high FFB levels.

Back