Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by super_gt, Sep 14, 2017.

1. andrewhake

andrewhake

I LOVE the Podium Racing Wheel but do not like the blue wheel and buttons. Anyone want to trade their yellow wheel for my blue one?

Hopefully they will be able to sell them both separately at some point so people can just buy the base and wheel that best fits their uses.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Deano-gt likes this.
  2. Deano-gt

Deano-gt

I suspect there might be a lot of posts like this.

poumpoum likes this.
  3. andrewhake

andrewhake

Yeah that blue is just a bit much for my taste personally.

I didn't pre-order I have been waiting patiently for the Podium Racing Wheel. And I absolutely don't expect to be given anything for free like an miserable entitled child.

You literally did nothing and expect to be rewarded for it? The world doesn't revolve around you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
    BadFlounder likes this.
  4. Shinu

Shinu Premium

Well now the PS4 version looks tempting.
    What kind of compatability modes do DD wheels have ? (are they the same as CSL?)
    I know that you can't endorse third party solutions .. but things like DriveHub make me little more at ease when spending 1,5k and thinking about forward compatibility (ps5 and so on).

I'm busy last couple of years so GT sport was a perfect solution (usually for me PC gaming eats time alot more time)

Also are the magnetic shifter sustomizable? (With spacing etc)
    I know that disabled people are not your main userbase but sometimes when my spasticity acts up bmw wheel is hard to press but mclaren is perfect.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    potvinsuks and K1LLD0z3R like this.
  5. Deano-gt

Deano-gt

Is there no warranty option on the PS4 DD or am I missing something?

6. Krassi

Krassi

PRW_BIG1-1000x666.jpg
    This is the best looking Simracing wheel (rim+base) in the Solar system! Maybe because the blue is my fav color or maybe because I love F1, but this is outstanding product!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  7. FMW

FMW

Totally agree!!! Worth every penny that I will be saving to put this bad Johnny on pre-order!!! It will be a great birthday gift to myself come April. =)

Fanatec..., Krassi and Bearone like this.
  8. gtmen3006

gtmen3006

dear fanatec

this year i was a good boy, had good grades, and i think its time to finally get my first wheel, it can be any kind, but the Blue alacantara looks nice :p

yours truly

Jeka_djonik and NaketWookie like this.
  9. OptiMystik

OptiMystik

My English is far of perfect, I try to list everything so everybody could understand me correctly. If You and others see it differently, it's ok - capitalism makes people think only about money. I just shared my point of view.

Finally made a pre-order! :cheers: Hope Fanatec wheels for PlayStation(s) will make Polyphony Digital improve their standards of Force Feedback in Gran Turismo and other racing games on the console :gtpflag:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    kikie likes this.
  10. Krassi

Krassi

Russia is a great place to visit and btw comunism makes people to think (dream) only for capitalism!:)

11. kikie

kikie Premium

It has nothing to do with money and capitalism. I thought you are German, even though your country flag is under your avatar. I didn't even know you are Russian until I read @Krassi's post. Hence this comment.

So, nope, you are wrong again in assuming my comments had something to do with money and capitalism. My comments were solely based on what you said and how you are frustrated (which I understand) that you were not able to pre-order the PS4 Podium wheel. And therefore are not receiving a free steering wheel and others are. And this is definitely jealousy (which I also understand), if you want to admit it or not.

I have absolutely no problem or issues with your English.

12. ANDRITSOULAS

ANDRITSOULAS

Am i the only guy in here that hates these blue grips ?

lancia delta hf and PzR Slim like this.
  13. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Nope. They are hideous!

Benzy2 and super_gt like this.
  14. Bearone

Bearone

When can we start pre order these ones, I would like a pair for my rennsport seat :-)

upload_2018-12-7_13-59-27.png

Attached Files:

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie

Fanatec...

Does this mean that you have found the issue then and are already attempting a fix for it?

Cheers

kikie likes this.
  16. EDK

EDK Moderator

I realize the wheel overall has some upgrades over the rest of their line, but the Fanatec stuff is all modular. If you don't like this wheel, you can buy another, and likely get a decent offset for this one on Ebay.

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/produ...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

17. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

I am a playstation Fan and even I think they are hideous.

ANDRITSOULAS and super_gt like this.
  18. Deano-gt

Deano-gt

Yes, agree can always swap it out. I'm more concerned there doesn't appear to be an additional warranty option as there is on the DD1 and DD2.

EDK likes this.
  19. EDK

EDK Moderator

Per the product details page, it's their "Standard 2 Year Warranty". It's the last bullet in the "Features" section.

I have a Clubsport V2 base which I'd bought in April 2015 and failed around this time last year. I had used my Citi credit card to buy it, and Citi offers a 2 year extended warranty. (I always use that card when purchasing electronics for which you might otherwise consider purchasing an extended warranty).

Fanatec agreed to repair the wheel base at cost, and then Citi reimbursed me. I have dealt with ship to repair warranty with both Thrustmaster and Fanatec, and I have to say Fanatec is head and shoulders above, if you live in the US.

PzR Slim likes this.
  20. BadFlounder

BadFlounder

. I'm a PlayStation fan too, and I think they are gorgeous looking. The more blue the better IMHO, but everyone has their preference.

PocketZeven likes this.
  21. Deano-gt

Deano-gt

Yes, it has the standard 2 year warranty but does not have the option to increase the warranty as the base DD1 to match the 5 year warranty the DD2 has.

22. Dev Nibor

Dev Nibor

I might have missed it but anyone know how long the voucher we received will remain valid?

I'd like to use my voucher on that new Porsche wheel they showcased a few weeks back. Anyone know when that will be released?

23. EDK

EDK Moderator

So you can pay $300 for a 5 year warranty.

With the standard 2 year, you can turn it into at least a 3 year with just about any credit card, and 4 year if you have the right credit card.

It's not the same internals, but in the situation I reference, they replaced all the internals in my Clubsport V2 with V2.5 internals, for ~$200 plus $25 in shipping. The repair costs are 40% of the current item retail on their site.

Extended warranties are simply a form of insurance, and while they give us peace of mind, there's also a reason companies are able to offer them for a 30% premium to the original product retail. They know you are effectively paying for one repair in advance.

I get where you are coming from, just saying there are alternatives, and maybe less costly alternatives.

24. Deano-gt

Deano-gt

If you're referring to the voucher from spring/summer, I just tried it a few days ago and it was still valid.

Oh yes, I agree 100% on the credit card extension of warranties and do try to use them as much as possible. I would just hope that considering this is a $1500 piece of kit that it'd have the same warranty options as the DD1/DD2. Just because it's console related (and basically 3-4x a PS4 Pro in price) doesn't mean it should be considered inferior. I want the same warm fuzzy DD1/DD2 users are getting. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
    EDK likes this.
  25. David

David Premium

Except as we found out with the CSL Elite that licensing means absolutely nothing. Not sure why anyone would be rushing to order this when it will be months if ever before it is properly supported by any of the individual titles on the PS4.

26. Dev Nibor

Dev Nibor

No I mean the voucher we received for the delay of the DD1/DD2

27. ojgt

ojgt

Hmm. Can you just make a new pre order of dd base and use the 350e voucher on that? Or use the voucher and cancel pre order after that .

28. 1500 is a lot for a console wheel which has limited games to make use of it. The price itself isnt the bigest concern though. What is gonna happen when the PS5 is out in just a year or two? Are both parties going to do the right thing or make the gamers the losers again?

QUOTE="ANDRITSOULAS, post: 12567066, member: 292419"]Am i the only guy in here that hates these blue grips ?[/QUOTE]All that blue makes it look like a toy,

29. EDK

EDK Moderator

The wheel is also PC compatible.

Jeka_djonik likes this.
  30. kikie

kikie Premium

Ok but.....

:odd:

Maybe I'm missing something but there is something not quite right. Maybe new decisions about the 0.07% issues are made by Fanatec that we don't know about (solution maybe) but as long as we are left in the dark, I get this feeling that we are fooled and lied to.

Sorry indeed.

F1Aussie and PzR Slim like this.