Fanatec Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 77 comments
Is there a list of compatible rims with just the GT3 button box?
The compatible Fanatec rims are the 911 GT3 Cup (leather and suede) and the R300.

In terms of third-party rims, if you go to the Podium Button Module Endurance product page, check the Downloads tab and you'll find a sizing template. If you print this to scale, you can use it to physically test third-party rims, or you can use it as a reference for pictures (use the mounting holes to help with scaling).

The compatible Fanatec rims are the 911 GT3 Cup (leather and suede) and the R300.

In terms of third-party rims, if you go to the Podium Button Module Endurance product page, check the Downloads tab and you'll find a sizing template. If you print this to scale, you can use it to physically test third-party rims, or you can use it as a reference for pictures (use the mounting holes to help with scaling).

Thanks Dom, was hoping some enterprising simracers have tried out some aftermarket rims to speed up the search :cheers:

Thanks Dom, was hoping some enterprising simracers have tried out some aftermarket rims to speed up the search :cheers:

Take a look at this video. You'll see how it is assembled, and how you can fit a custom wheel on it. The Rim itself has NO electronics. just the Podium Hub and the BME, if you find a wheel with fitting holes (use the Template Dominik mentioned), you can use whatever wheel you like.

Don't expect a @DomB_Fanatec, as a Fanatec Employee to give you recommendations to third party products. That's a bit much to ask...

Example A:
momo-mod-07-racing-steering-wheel-c-1-750x750.png

should fit. 70mm dish, 6 screws, should work (depending on Rim depths, etc.)

Example B:
momo-mod-88-racing-steering-wheel-750x750.png

might not fit, due to Button Placement on BME.

You will find a quite good selection here: https://www.carid.com/steering-wheels.html (it's a car part shop, but i think you get the idea.)
They also provide a customizable Search for different dish sizes, dish depths and even a guide to find the right wheel.

Hope this helps!
Cheers
Wookie

Last edited:

Don't expect a @DomB_Fanatec, as a Fanatec Employee to give you recommendations to third party products. That's a bit much to ask...

Sorry where was I "expecting" Fantec to do that? :rolleyes: I started out "asking" the community if they have tried any third party wheels and they replied to my question. Also FFS they sell the button module separately so it not like they don't expect people to use third party wheels anyway :banghead:

Anyway thanks for the other info, my search will continue.

Sorry where was I "expecting" Fantec to do that? :rolleyes: I started out "asking" the community if they have tried any third party wheels and they replied to my question. Also FFS they sell the button module separately so it not like they don't expect people to use third party wheels anyway :banghead:

Anyway thanks for the other info, my search will continue.

What i mean is that you can't expect an employee from Fanatec to know the products of other Manufacturers. Thete is a lot of Hardware out there... But anyway, just wanted to give some tips, didn't expect your spoiled attitude.

Good Luck mate!

What i mean is that you can't expect an employee from Fanatec to know the products of other Manufacturers. Thete is a lot of Hardware out there... But anyway, just wanted to give some tips, didn't expect your spoiled attitude.

Good Luck mate!

Again I didn't expect anything from fanatec! But anyway, I now remember why I don't spend too much time on these forums.

Safe travels wookie!

I finally put mine together today. I was shorted one of the small flat head Allen screws that hold on the carbon shifter paddles on. I looked everywhere and I was just shorted one. Anybody know the exact size of these? I don’t know if I could find something like it locally or not.

Thanks.

The Button Mapping has changed.
I have the Wheel + Button Module on a DD1 Base, and i can asure you that the Quick Guide Mappings have changed. The sheet i got with the Button Module shows other mappings then the download version from the Beta-Drivers forum (which is correct).

I got my stuff delivered last week and am absolutley thirlled of the Hardware itself.
Learning that you HAVE to flash everything at least once to make the Button Module work on a PS4 is a big shame though.
The longer i was reading through the Forums from Fanatec, the more i learned how bumpy the start for this product was.

i would highly reccomend everyone considering to buy this product, to read through the forum threads there.
It might change your mind...

And to be honest, it is quite concerning how long Fanatec takes to release a new, "Everything-is-working"-Firmware.
Especially if you take into account how long those products are availabe.
You have to get better at this Fanatec, your Products demand it!

If anyone has questions, please ask.

Hi.
Considering adding this Porsche gt3 wheel to my setup. (DD1 ps4 version used on PS4 with GT sports.
Just wondering what display / telemetry is supported when using it on PS4?
Can you help me with this info please?
Won’t buy it when only speed / gear is supported…
Thx in advance

Hi.
Considering adding this Porsche gt3 wheel to my setup. (DD1 ps4 version used on PS4 with GT sports.
Just wondering what display / telemetry is supported when using it on PS4?
Can you help me with this info please?
Won’t buy it when only speed / gear is supported…
Thx in advance
Gear/speed only (and wheel tuning menu of course). Rotary switches doen't work too.

Okay, so just the basic info, like the McLaren wheel (and others)
Real shame, thx for answering!
My WRC wheel will stay as my round wheel then.
I can confirm. It operates in a “legacy” mode.
I suppose it has something to do with the fact that Gran Turismo doesn’t export (make available) the telemetry data. Makes it one of the few. Very, very sad.

Last edited:
I can confirm. It operates in a “legacy” mode.
I suppose it has something to do with the fact that Gran Turismo doesn’t export (make available) the telemetry data. Makes it one of the few. Very, very sad.
Thx Rob.
well, guess fanatec can’t help that. Maybe there is hope and GT 7 will support these features…
lets hope and see….

Anybody have any feedback on this wheels compatibility with GT7? Specifically are the buttons and dials usable to make adjustments in GT7. Things like fuel mapping etc? I have the GT DD Pro base along with the original BMW wheel. Looking for a new rim but I wouldn't spend this much money unless I can use the majority of the features the buttons provide.

Thanks.

Anybody have any feedback on this wheels compatibility with GT7? Specifically are the buttons and dials usable to make adjustments in GT7. Things like fuel mapping etc? I have the GT DD Pro base along with the original BMW wheel. Looking for a new rim but I wouldn't spend this much money unless I can use the majority of the features the buttons provide.

Thanks.
Unfortunately only the dd pro wheel has proper integration in GT7. It is disappointing that the colour coded buttons on that wheel aren’t just representing the same inputs as things like the rotary encoders and extra switches on the other fanatec wheels but no luck so far…
The rotaries and the encoder in the funky switch are not detected/mappable in gt7 or gt sport. The toggle switches just act like your are pressing up/down on the funky switch so are partly usable but it would be much better if they adjusted things like brake balance or fuel map.

The secondary APM paddles trigger indicators and can’t be mapped to something more useful.

Hopefully polyphony get their act together and offer proper mapping for wheels like the formula v2 and Porsche gt3 but not yet…

ACC on the other hand does support these functions (excepting a few bugs on the ps5 version right now)

Hopefully polyphony get their act together and offer proper mapping for wheels like the formula v2 and Porsche gt3 but not yet…
Can’t resist posting my opinion on hope and wish when it comes to Polyphony Digital
LINK

Last edited:
I couldn't easily find this info anywhere, so I thought I would put it here...in case anyone else has a similar issue.

My platform is Playstation 5, and I do not have ready access to Windows/PC (Mac guy). Since Fanatec does not off an iOS alternative, loading drivers and such is a PITA. My wheel base is the Fanatec Podium DD1 and my other wheel is the Podium F1. I already updated the drivers on the DD1 to the 439 drivers with the other wheel. I was concerned I would need to connect a PC to the DD1 or the Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 to update the firmware before the new wheel would work.

However, all that was needed was connecting the Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 to the DD1. Since I already had the new drivers on the DD1, I did not need to update drivers on the DD1 or the steering wheel just because I was adding a new wheel.

My plan is for a PC in the future, but for now, it is good to see I can use the wheel, albeit without all its functions.

I have only tried GT7:
The button mapping for the "O" and "triangle" cannot be changed - all they do is adjust the MFD up or down. Of course the dials do nothing, nor can I map anything to the funky switches. I too wish Fanatec and PD would offer more wheel options on GT7.

Back