Fanatec Reveals Direct Drive ClubSport DD and DD+ Wheel Bases: Available to Pre-Order Now

• Thread starter Famine
  • 497 comments
Me again, with another little problem/query!
Shortly after starting up my wheel (GT DD) would show the Fanatec 'F' on the display but I can't remember the last time I saw it.
I did update the firmware in everything recently (when I had my last little problem) so I would take a guess that it has been like it since then.
When I race the display comes to life.... speed, gear, shift lights etc., all normal.
It's just the 'F' that i haven't seen in a while!
Anyone else have this issue?

I was at Barcelona and had a very quick go of the DD+, and it felt very nice.... but although someone told me there was one there, I didn't see the new wheel!

Shortly after starting up my wheel (GT DD) would show the Fanatec 'F' on the display but I can't remember the last time I saw it.
I did update the firmware in everything recently (when I had my last little problem) so I would take a guess that it has been like it since then.
When I race the display comes to life.... speed, gear, shift lights etc., all normal.

I was at Barcelona and had a very quick go of the DD+, and it felt very nice.... but although someone told me there was one there, I didn't see the new wheel!
The F is only shown for 60 seconds after you started the base or attached the wheel.

Any rumor mill on fullforce yet?

Keep thinking about that big lanky guy exclaiming how he could feel the front wheels and how great that would be in race C this week.

While i know butkickers would likely do as good of a job im all mac’s and just bought a cheapo $400 laptop to update the fanatec drivers. So am guessing that probably wouldn’t really work out. Also, i use a stand, because the dogs would have a massive case of forsaken if we couldn’t sit together on the sofa during racing.

Besides, now that vr is the only way ill race, a more accurate wheel weight has become important. Something the dd pro doesn’t seem capable of on the bigger wheels. Unless im missing some golden formula..as it is i can either dial in fidelity or a more appropriate wheel weight(with a little curve in to account for velocity), but not both. Im actually a little concerned to use the light wheel settings, despite being faster, as i forgot about wheel weight, velocity and specifically, squaring up with body before a couple of hills descended into a clockwise corkscrew a few days back and ended up bouncing off of the ceiling of the car and plastering onto the drivers side window.

..That was fun..

And kinda lucky too..and not the sort of luck i’d like to burn. So..yeah..can’t wait to hear more ^^

Last edited:

Keep thinking about that big lanky guy exclaiming how he could feel the front wheels and how great that would be in race C this week.

While i know butkickers would likely do as good of a job im all mac’s and just bought a cheapo $400 laptop to update the fanatec drivers. So am guessing that probably wouldn’t really work out. Also, i use a stand, because the dogs would have a massive case of forsaken if we couldn’t sit together on the sofa during racing.

Besides, now that vr is the only way ill race, a more accurate wheel weight has become important. Something the dd pro doesn’t seem capable of on the bigger wheels. Unless im missing some golden formula..as it is i can either dial in fidelity or a more appropriate wheel weight(with a little curve in to account for velocity), but not both. Im actually a little concerned to use the light wheel settings, despite being faster, as i forgot about wheel weight, velocity and specifically, squaring up with body before a couple of hills descended into a clockwise corkscrew a few days back and ended up bouncing off of the ceiling of the car and plastering onto the drivers side window.

..That was fun..

And kinda lucky too..and not the sort of luck i’d like to burn. So..yeah..can’t wait to hear more ^^

I’ll be curious too. Honestly, unless PD alters there FFB coding to accommodate full-force/true force/whatever force… I think it’s going to be gimicky - as far as Gran Turismo is concerned.

As far as the DD Pro and Gran Turismo, I found that Fanatec’s recommended GTS settings were better than their GT7 settings. Some settings alterations that I personally made were turning interpolation off, FORCE to 120, and all damping down. IG settings were 6-1 for race cars, 7-1 for road cars. Inevitably, I came to the same conclusions you did regarding lack of overall torque from the pro, so I bought a DD1. I run it with similar settings as my DD Pro (albeit 5-1 IG and the FOR setting turned back to 110 - except road cars, where I have a saved profile that has the force at 120). And the fidelity that 12 more NM provides is astonishing in Gran Turismo. You feel a lot more detail with the grip levels. Having a base that strong will vibrate my entire rig all the way down to my pedals. I still use my DD Pro occasionally, and although I have that base set up well, it still is nothing compared to my DD1 in terms of fidelity. And like you mentioned, the DD Pro FFB gets nerfed in GranTurismo the second you bolt up any wheel other than the official GT wheel - which IMO is why PD/Fanatec spec’d out a small diameter lightweight wheel to begin with

Last edited:
I’ll be curious too. Honestly, unless PD alters there FFB coding to accommodate full-force/true force/whatever force… I think it’s going to be gimicky - as far as Gran Turismo is concerned.

As far as the DD Pro and Gran Turismo, I found that Fanatec’s recommended GTS settings were better than their GT7 settings. Some settings alterations that I personally made were turning interpolation off, FORCE to 120, and all damping down. IG settings were 6-1 for race cars, 7-1 for road cars. Inevitably, I came to the same conclusions you did regarding lack of overall torque from the pro, so I bought a DD1. I run it with similar settings as my DD Pro (albeit 5-1 IG and the FOR setting turned back to 110 - except road cars, where I have a saved profile that has the force at 120). And the fidelity that 12 more NM provides is astonishing in Gran Turismo. You feel a lot more detail with the grip levels. Having a base that strong will vibrate my entire rig all the way down to my pedals. I still use my DD Pro occasionally, and although I have that base set up well, it still is nothing compared to my DD1 in terms of fidelity. And like you mentioned, the DD Pro FFB gets nerfed in GranTurismo the second you bolt up any wheel other than the official GT wheel - which IMO is why PD/Fanatec spec’d out a small diameter lightweight wheel to begin with
My wheel settings for the 330mm are stupid right now. Off the top of my head:
IG 9/1
Sens 990
Ndp 35
Nfr 70
Nin 20
Int 3
For 110(might try 120 now)

been doing some back and forth between the game and the back roads here. I fiddle with it daily, but its a decent compromise i guess. At least until we have an idea how gimicky this new stuff is. Really hoping it doesn’t suck!

Oh, and yeah. The 265mm(w/motors!) is pretty solid. No complaints and everything feels within reason there. But gt is about road cars too and having the 330mm in race c this week is great..just want a little more..

Side note: if fullforce proves to be a solid addition i’d hope fanatec would incorporate it into a new set of pedals. It would definitely give people a good reason to upgrade.

Looking at these settings you definitely need a more powerful base.
Yep.

Tightening up the qr2 was illuminating. It was like, welp, so thats 8nm…umm…yep. Makes sense. I just want realistic. I love driving and the closer i can get this to that feeling in vr, the less time ill spend on the back roads. Fanatec wins this one lol..i’ll be getting back to back bases within the year.

Yep.

Tightening up the qr2 was illuminating. It was like, welp, so thats 8nm…umm…yep. Makes sense. I just want realistic. I love driving and the closer i can get this to that feeling in vr, the less time ill spend on the back roads. Fanatec wins this one lol..i’ll be getting back to back bases within the year.

Realism is exactly why I decided to step up to a DD1. When I came across this YouTube vid about 18 months ago, I started looking for DD1 base 5 minutes later.

Wow, that looks pretty couhhhh...thousand bucks for less than half the stuff I need for a wheel setup!?
I remember when we could get home video games with the actual arcade style controls for $100!
I'll stick with the gear driven wheel I bought.
One idea on safety, something I do with an electric drill is never lock the clutch and for the very reason of having wrist sprains. Maybe Fanatec could either add a clutch in the future, or, allow the user to set it so that if they're struggling or if the wheel jerks hard enough, force feedback shuts off. Just my 2 cents.
And no, I'm not paying a grand for this.

Wow, that looks pretty couhhhh...thousand bucks for less than half the stuff I need for a wheel setup!?
I remember when we could get home video games with the actual arcade style controls for $100!
I'll stick with the gear driven wheel I bought.
One idea on safety, something I do with an electric drill is never lock the clutch and for the very reason of having wrist sprains. Maybe Fanatec could either add a clutch in the future, or, allow the user to set it so that if they're struggling or if the wheel jerks hard enough, force feedback shuts off. Just my 2 cents.
And no, I'm not paying a grand for this.
I’ve probably spent $3500 or so on my whole setup, including PS5 and the VR headset. I can’t name one thing I’ve ever purchased for home use that’s as entertaining and satisfying as this all is. I wish I had one extra room that was empty, I’d gladly spend even more on a top-line PC triple-screen racing setup and/or PC VR, too. At no point have I even for a moment regretted spending on this stuff.

I’ve probably spent $3500 or so on my whole setup, including PS5 and the VR headset. I can’t name one thing I’ve ever purchased for home use that’s as entertaining and satisfying as this all is. I wish I had one extra room that was empty, I’d gladly spend even more on a top-line PC triple-screen racing setup and/or PC VR, too. At no point have I even for a moment regretted spending on this stuff.
Im about $2500-$3000 this year alone. The shifter has been blowing me away as of recent, always felt like i was going to eventually break one of the flappy paddles, not so much with the shifter. The psVR2 experience is pretty next level. I mix it up and play gtsport and wrc10 on flat

Pretty happy with what i got and not sure if i need to go all in with any other computer based sims. Only thing i really want is a truly wec experience with multi class endurance racing on le mans or Nurburgring or spa

Im about $2500-$3000 this year alone. The shifter has been blowing me away as of recent, always felt like i was going to eventually break one of the flappy paddles, not so much with the shifter. The psVR2 experience is pretty next level. I mix it up and play gtsport and wrc10 on flat

Pretty happy with what i got and not sure if i need to go all in with any other computer based sims. Only thing i really want is a truly wec experience with multi class endurance racing on le mans or Nurburgring or spa
Every time I’m dangling a foot off the cliff, ready to jump into the world of PC Sim racing, I inevitably talk myself out of it. As much as I would like to enjoy better FFB, physics, and be able to make use of all the fancy dials, paddles and switches I have on my advance paddle module/endurance button module (looking at you PD!!!)

…. But alas, Gran Turismo with a good set up pedals, DD wheel, H-Pattern, Hand Brake and VR is really all I need. I have ZERO PROBLEMS treating this game like “The Real Driving Simulator”. It absolutely baffles me how people have trouble making great use of the massive sand box that PD has provided us with. Out of the last 45 hours of gameplay, I have literally spent about 37 of them speculating on what tuning options PD will be giving us for the next Manufacturers season, and spending the time coming up with different tunes and testing different tire-wear combos at Interlagos, Suzuka and NBG 24.

The other hours are spent taking photos and testing cars for the GT7 Car Of The Week thread, or doing my own shootout comparisons. Just last night I spent the better part of 2 hours comparing/contrasting an 06’ Ferrari F430 vs an 09’ 458 Italia on the NBG sprint and 24 hour courses. Turns out, I liked the F430 more 😎

There is literally no other game that gives us access to so many different cars, all in VR. That reason alone, is why I’m able to forgive the GT Physics, and give the marginal FFB a pass (albeit grinding my teeth whilst giving it the nod of approval.)

It’s wishful thinking, but I really hope PD is planning to enhance their FFB model being that we are finally getting a proper DD licensed wheel base for the game

Last edited:
If it's anything like Trueforce on the Logi G Pro, you're in for a treat. When it's used by a game I find it enhances the driving experience considerably. There's not only the directional tactile effects (that transfer through my rig and pedals) but also a higher level of FFB fidelity due to the increased data frequency above that used by other wheels using the old direct input format.

I've not got GT7 (mainly ACC), but according to Jordan Trueforce was a game changer. So hopefully, if it's similar, I'd think that Fullforce should also be good for you Fanatec users. 👍

Thank you for the info, and I also realised i posted this in the wrong thread!
I double checked and I'm definitely not getting the 'F'
I do get the S/N and Firmware version flash up but before and after that it's blank!
Then when I'm in a race I get the speed/shift and shift lights etc.

Received this email, I guess I’m not getting it before Christmas…

IMG_8544.jpeg

Last edited:
Received this email, I guess I’m not getting it before Christmas…

View attachment 1312847
Got the same email. Checked the Website and DD+ currently shows as available Dec 27th. I'm assuming that's what we should expect?

I'm considering cancelling my order, and reordering without pedals, since the dates are likely the exact same now anyways. QR2 Wheel Side shows as Dec 29, so I'm only costing myself 2 days most likely. Assuming Fanatec even keeps the Dec 27 date.

I got the V2 pedals on black Friday, Fanatec wouldn't let me adjust my previous order to remove them, and I didn't know how to get a price match. I didn't want to cancel my original order because it resulted in 3 additional weeks wait time. Now that I'm waiting 3 weeks anyways, might as well dodge the second set of pedals and save the $300.

Just worried it'll drop me to a new delay date and even lower priority list but... oh well I guess.

IMG_0965.jpeg

So now it’s forever gone leaving anyone wanting a Fanatec wheelbase PS compatible higher than 8nm S.O.L.?

It’s really hard to be a fan of Fanatecs products with the consistent supply and delivery issues. At least it all fetches a premium when I resell it all when I inevitably switch to one of thier competitors

View attachment 1314668

So now it’s forever gone leaving anyone wanting a Fanatec wheelbase PS compatible higher than 8nm S.O.L.?

It’s really hard to be a fan of Fanatecs products with the consistent supply and delivery issues. At least it all fetches a premium when I resell it all when I inevitably switch to one of thier competitors
Pretty bummed out that I missed out on this. Guess I'll keep waiting and hopefully it comes back on sale soon.

View attachment 1314668

Pretty bummed out that I missed out on this. Guess I'll keep waiting and hopefully it comes back on sale soon.

I think the message means that they are out of stock and don't know when they will get the next batch.
That’s exactly all it means 🤣
Some of you guys are way too dramatic lol

Last edited:
That’s exactly all it means 🤣
Some of you guys are way too dramatic lol
You say this as if I have not been in the market for over a year now trying to get a PS compatible DD1 or DD2 which have been sold out.

Then bad timing with real life issues in Nov and Dec making me not be able to splurge on it until late January, early February making me miss out on the CSDD+

Again;
History is not on our side with all the other sold out products though 😢

Last edited:
Pretty sure it just means temporarily out of stock. Why would they engineer a new base just to sell for a single pre-order period? You’ll be able to buy these in the future.

There was never a PS compatible DD2 and the PS DD1 has been discontinued for about a year now maybe longer.

Last edited:
They ran into the same issue with the DD Pro, and the DD1 when they first got released. Fanatec is by far the most popular manufacturer for sim racing bases and rims. Of course they’re going to have supply chain issues

Last edited:
I'm just over $5,000 on my setup now between the VR, P3 Motion Rig, New Seat, DD+ base (hopefully will arrive in Jan 2024???), cables, etc. Not to mention flight sim peripherals for MSFS and a separate VR for that. If you use it a lot and enjoy it, spend the money if you can.

I've made the mistake too many times of buying stuff to 'get by with', only to not like it, or want more out of it and I end up spending money on the good stuff anyway; wasting my money on the lesser stuff.

Jerome

It's not the same. The PS-compatible DD1 F1 bundle is not only sold out, but also discontinued. CS DD+ is simply sold out at the moment.
View attachment 1314711 View attachment 1314712
Exactly. When the DD1 PS was on sale the last time (earlier this year/late last year?), if I remember correctly, Fanatec communicated that it was going out of stock and will probably be the last time it is available for sale.

The DD+ is a new product - it's not going to be discontinued anytime soon. It's clear that they already have way more orders than they can fulfill anytime soon. In cases like this it's common to disable the order option for said products so that a) they have a stable amount of orders in the backlog that they can get to work on fulfilling (instead of a steadily growing amount) and b) they don't get more unnecessary backlash in public because they push delivery dates again and again.
(Unneccessary in this case doesn't mean that the backlash is wrong (not being able to hold dates is always bad), just that it could have been avoided by disabling the order option for the product, as they did now.)

And as @Yard_Sale mentioned, it happened in the past as well. It's definitely something that they need to work on in the future.

Back