Fanatec Teases PlayStation Related Piece of Hardware

"where we clearly see the top of PlayStation’s iconic logo"

Are you sure? If you rotate the image 180° the other buttons make much more sense. And if that is the case I think the PlayStation logo would then be upside down. Perhaps it's not the logo you think.

Last edited:

Are you sure? If you rotate the image 180° the other buttons make much more sense. And if that is the case I think the PlayStation logo would then be upside down. Perhaps it's not the logo you think.

This image was posted on the Fanatec website comments section.

Attachments

• IMG_3372.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 102
With the release of Assetto Corsa, Fanatec wheels are gone frome the PS4. That left a lot of people very angry.
Would be nice if Playstation will support them again. But who needs a CruiseControl and indicator Buttons on a RacingGame? None of the games i know even supports a buttons like that. Not even ProjectCars. The only game i know that has a cruise controll is FarmingSimulator 2017.
So, i hardly doubt that this has anything to do with racing games or even racing sims.

If it's something that has not been done before and it isn't a button box - which was my first guess, then my second guess is an adapter to enable older Fanatec wheels to work with the PS4 - and if so maybe it will enable the G25 to work?

Serious question, since we are paying attention to the way the buttons are orientated, but isn't it natural for the "up arrow" button to be above the "down arrow" button? There are probably alot of instances where this isn't the case but I can't think of any.

This image was posted on the Fanatec website comments section.
Which looks slightly different to the original. Rotated, two of the buttons would be an asterisk (abs?) and some kind of dial symbol. So I still think it's upside down.

, but isn't it natural for the "up arrow" button to be above the "down arrow" button?
Yeah I thought that too. Strange.
Maybe that's what has never been done before - having the buttons back to front. :)

It's a mystery!

Last edited:
Maybe it's a controller for racers rather than a wheel? This would actually be greater news.
That is what I am leaning towards. A project to help ease fanatec back into the Sony fold. It will have some new type of system to control the car. What would be best is a inline dongul button box that has the security chip/check whatever, allowing you to use your fanatec products on the ps4. What it had better be is a new base or rim allowing fanatec to be used In ps4 games again.

Im sorry but I can't see Fanatec coming out with controllers for racing games. Fanatec builds wheels and pedals and as far as i know very good ones... it would be a tremendous addition into the PS4 world if they keep the same quality standards of their pc products.

Last edited:
How about a tablet based screen for HUD via UDP, with buttons around the perimeter for interaction..

Ok, It would still be a button box, just with a HUD screen built in!

Trying to think of something different...

With the release of Assetto Corsa, Fanatec wheels are gone frome the PS4. That left a lot of people very angry.

Yes, I'm one of them. I decided not to buy any more Fanatec products after they did the dirty with $ony. So whatever this is, I won't be getting one.

Im sorry but I can't see Fanatec coming out with controllers for racing games. Fanatec builds wheels and pedals and as far as i know very good ones... it would be a tremendous addition into the PS4 world if they keep the same quality standards of their pc products.
Why couldn't they still keep the same standards? It's a massive oversight imo for and hardware company involved in the simracing market to not come out with a racing controller whilst the racing genre is as hot as it is this generation of consoles. Would be great to have FFB and proper control over the cars with a controller in games like Pcars and AC.

They have built gamepads/controllers before. This for example. It could well be something like that, though it would have to be something very special as they state that it has never been done before.
Wow I didn't know that, that's pretty cool.

Thomas has admitted that the buttons — any of them — may be placed upside down to further complicate guessing.

Thomas has admitted that the buttons — any of them — may be placed upside down to further complicate guessing.
Ah I see. That could include the arrows as well then. It's certainly confused me, although that's easily done. :)

Thanks.

Its adapter for all fanatec wheels to PS4. Buttons is brake calibrate (!), wheel degree and arrows is setup change maybe... Or not :D

Its adapter for all fanatec wheels to PS4. Buttons is brake calibrate (!), wheel degree and arrows is setup change maybe... Or not :D

Fanatec did make a new deal with Sony a number of months back so hopefully this is something for the ps4.

Fanatec did make a new deal with Sony a number of months back so hopefully this is something for the ps4.

Yup I recall this was confirmed some time ago so hopefully they'll be releasing a Playstation compatible wheel again soon sometime this year. Not too sure I would be able to afford it considering how high priced Fanatec bases and wheels are but would be worth some consideration nevertheless. Just a wheel base alone is about the price of a high end comparable wheel set. Depends on the price/s I guess.

Last edited:
Looks like some sort of remote, perhaps a pad...customization?
Looking at the shape that's what was what I was thinking.

Button boxes are cool and all, but you could just as well take up a remote from the coffee table and do it that way.

VBR
Yes, I'm one of them. I decided not to buy any more Fanatec products after they did the dirty with $ony. So whatever this is, I won't be getting one.

I am sorry to hear that you are dissapointed. Can you please let us know what we could have done better?

I am sorry to hear that you are dissapointed. Can you please let us know what we could have done better?
For your own good, try your best to expand your products into the console costumers.
As far as i know, Fanatec is very good as you can see iracing's top drivers using your brand so, opening a door for another 10 million potential costumers worldwide sounds yummy to me.

Last edited:

Long story, but I shall try & be as consice as possible. I am very poor but managed to get a pre-owned PS4 for just £25 after some clever buying & selling. However, I was upset that my G25 wouldn't work because of $ony's greedy licensing practices. Then when I found out that Fanatec was going to make it's software drivers for their old wheels available to game devs, I was incredibly happy & decided to get some second hand Fanatec wheels. After a huge amount of effort in buying & selling I managed to get a CSR for £4.45 a GT2 for £4.51, & some CSR shifters for £1.33. I was extremely excited to get to use them with Assettos Corsa, but when the news broke that you guys had done a licensing deal with $ony & that you would be going back on your word as regards supporting older wheels, I was very angry indeed. Not everyone can afford to buy new equipment, & most people don't need to as they have perfectly good wheels that still work. $ony is primarily at fault for attempting to greedily rape wheel users wallets, & I was very surprised, dissapointed & angry when I heard that you had got in bed with them on this issue.

After some more clever buying & selling I now have a brand new G29 which cost me -£0.02. I'd much rather use the superior CSR & GT2, but can't. Not interested in GIMX, & don't want to fork out for a CronusMax Plus with PS4 Wheel Edition mode, so I'm stuck with the G29 which I don't like very much.

The whole issue of forced incompatibility, & $ony doing vile underhanded deals with wheel manufacturers has had a really negative impact on my view of $ony, wheel manufacturers, & sadly sim racing itself.

What could you have done better? Stuck to the integrity of your word that you would give software drivers to game devs for older wheels, & not be seduced by $ony into going back on it just to get a licensed product out there. I know that you're a business, & you need to make money, but how you go about it will affect your brands reputation, either for the better or for the worse. What you have done has affected it for the worse in my eyes, & in the eyes of many others.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back