Fanmade GT5 Sound Previews

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 170 comments
All things considered, a very nice job there! đź‘Ť

However...I found myself turning the audio down on my system and it actually started to grate on me after a while. I appreciate people want things as close to the real deal as possible, but I happen to think that there is a lot to be said for the more "pleasing" clinical audio we have experienced to-date in GT5.

I disagree too, the raw sound of the racecars would make the experience so much better. Just imagine the feeling after you drove some '90s streetcars for a couple of hours and then you hop into a GT500 car. :dopey:

polyphony digital needs to invest more time in the sound department..someone plz tell them the sound needs to be improved..:embarrassed:

Maybe PD is just keeping everything in the budget, 80 million seems not enough for them. :lol:

Yeah man, great sounds. I hope this goes FRONT PAGE so that KAZ will see what the heck he is messing up with!!!!

You should do one video with BEFORE and AFTER ;)

The record of real engine sound isn't good at all, it lack in deepness of the sound, bass component part is almost missing. But if PD could record them well and use them instead of some weird humming recorded ten years ago from totally another car then sound will be finally on par with graphics and not three classes under.

The record of real engine sound isn't good at all, it lack in deepness of the sound, bass component part is almost missing.

If you're reffering to the audio used for the videos, onboards are all I have to work with. Again, I can't get it to sound anymore real then it is and it was hard enough finding good quality audio.

No more vacuum cleaners, washing machines and hair dryers? Were all going to be pissed when this game hits and we hear this s*** LOL. Transmission whine brings a smile to my face everytime :) You sir have have shown everyone what GT5 should sound like, great job.

You should apply for the JOB!!! QUICK EVERYONE!! LETS MAKE A PETITION LETTER TO KAZ!!! :D

This should be FRONT PAGE so Kaz will notice! (I know he watches over us! Cheeky Monkee!)

Last edited:
You should apply for the JOB!!! QUICK EVERYONE!! LETS MAKE A PETITION LETTER TO KAZ!!! :D

This should be FRONT PAGE so Kaz will notice! (I know he watches over us!)

I agree, GT5 would be the best game of all time if it had this level of sound detail to go along with the beautiful graphics.:drool:

Great job! I just seen this vid on an germen ps3 news site ;)

Would be awesome if the cars sounds so good...

FM3 has great sounds but the racing cars sounds bad too... The only real sound I ever heard was GTR2 and If I remember correctly, supercar challenge...

I think we have a probleme with Video game industry and developing.

For a big part of big games in PC like Call of duty series (1,2,4..), Simulation game (Rfactor, GTR serie), Wargame game like Rome Total war and TW serie, ect... The game créator give us a nice game but unfortunatly they'r never complet and réalist.

I remember how many players change original game for put to more realistique things into game for more ambiance (real ambiant and ligthing mod), bullet and réalist skin, better sound, better gameplay, beter uniforms and historical uniforms and army for (Rome total war réalimse mod (RTWR) for exemple), one shot one kill, and limited ammo magasin for COD2 Fan's mod. ect...

Sure it's only for a tiny parts of the game fans, maybe 30% but after fan's job the game take another fantastique and better dimension in hands.

Now for my favorit game i play original game and in 2 or 3 month later i can have another dimension game with FAN's MOD.
And i want to thank them for this amazing underground job.

But unfortunatly it's only possible on PC game. I really hope than P-D give us a complet and realistic game ever made for a cars simulation game in PS3.

Sorry my english.

Wow, you're good.

Although sound insulation will kill the raw sound in production cars (when you perform a weight reduction stage 2, sound insulation was also "removed" in GT4, so the car should be louder too :grumpy: ), race cars must have sounds like these, of course in an endurance race it would be disgusting to hear this symphony during four hours ( or more ), but for short races up to ten laps? Full volume on your 5.1 sys dude!

Last edited:
Great effort! It certainly will open a few ears to the potential of taking the sound design further!
There is a big difference between overlaying actual samples manually over a replay video, and those same sounds being re-created on-the-fly in-game. I know there are racing games out there with a more "raw" sound than GT5, and that companies out there have sound models that produce life-like simulations of real cars without ever going near a real sample, but I like the softened sound in GT (apart from the tyre squeal).

That is awesome, nice work. I like how the engine sounds actually match up with the gear changes and acceleration, top stuff.

Nice job there man!đź‘Ť I too think this should go on the front page as sort of a reminder that pretty graphics aren't all there is, and that sound manages to excite you even more actually(and gives you better connection to the car you're driving)!đź’ˇ

New one I made a week ago, but only posted yesterday:

Video quality is bad because the video I used is bad quality. I did find some better quality ones, but they all apparently were made by people who think switching between views repeatidly is a good idea :ouch: This is my last one (for now at least) since I can't find an onboard for the other cars that doesn't have annoying commentary or bad quality sound.

Last edited:
Oh really? I must be really getting noticed:D

You should be getting a call from Kaz or PD soon. Either telling you they have a job opening for you in their sound department or them telling you to stop, because you are making them look bad. :sly:

You should be getting a call from Kaz or PD soon. Either telling you they have a job opening for you in their sound department or them telling you to stop, because you are making them look bad. :sly:

Yeah, either to dub real sounds to their trailers(so the cars don't sound crappy, like they do), or to sue you, because you're giving false expectations to people(regarding those crappy sounds).:sly::D

Its amazing how a bit of real-life audio adds another dimension to these videos..

I really hope GT5 is something similar to these, I'm playing FM3 at the moment and the sound is infinitely better than GT5:P (Not to mention physics)

You can really hear throttle-body gasping for air (responding to throttle) and engine overrun... both of which really add to the 'simulation' experience.

Wonder if Turn10 are prepping some early-teaser FM4 details to clash with GT5 at E3?!!

If they have a killer feature and a release date, I'd be really suprised if it didnt hurt GT sales.

ofcourse in an endurance race it would be disgusting to hear this symphony during four hours ( or more ), but for short races up to ten laps? Full volume on your 5.1 sys dude!

I disagree. I'd just put some headphones on, so I won't freak out my neighbours or anything :D

FM4 Killer Feature No #7 - "No assists" in Public online racing actually means "no assists". It does not mean "all assits off EXCEPT Braking Line and ABS"

I assume you mean the flashing red gear indicating when you should brake. Yes, it's annoying as hell.

I'm going to cover that part off on my TV when the real GT5 comes out. Or if we just could hide the HUD, that would do too :P

These are fantastic. Great job to the guy that done them. I really do hope they nail car sounds for this one. So far it sounds like they've got them done really well. I hope the V8 Supercar's sounds spot on :D

New one I made a week ago, but only posted yesterday:

[YOUTUBEHD]osz6k_p-Q9s[/YOUTUBEHD]

Video quality is bad because the video I used is bad quality. I did find some better quality ones, but they all apparently were made by people who think switching between views repeatidly is a good idea :ouch: This is my last one (for now at least) since I can't find an onboard for the other cars that doesn't have annoying commentary or bad quality sound.

Awesome!!!!! :)))))))))))))))))))

Indeed, very nice vids!
To make it even more dramatic, you should first show 5 seconds or so with the orginal sound, and then the exact same footage with this sound overlay. Man o man, the difference...

Back