Fantasy or Reality? Which kind of track do you prefer?

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 34 comments

Which would you appreciate more>

• I love the Simulacra of Fantasy tracks, it would be nice to have a few more

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • There should be a balance between Fantasy and Reality

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • There should be focus on more real tracks. Fantasy should really just be a side dish

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Hark! PD must decide such things

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I'm on the fence

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
I think Driveclub lately for me has set the bar for Fantasy Real Location tracks. Japan is just sublime I tell you
No question at all. I would love to take any of their tracks and throw it in a game with sim physics.

As @TayeezSA said, the team manages to create some superb fantasy tracks which are still loved to this day. And as he says, no licensing fees. They need to bring all the fantasy tracks back in GT7, along with new real world venues.

I surely don't mind the occasional updated original classic like we recently got with Apricot Hill and Midfield Raceway. Although I don't like all of PD's own track designs, the best of them make me nostalgic like few other things in contemporary gaming, and I can't wait for the teased Seattle to return to the series, assuming it will for either GT6 or GT7. That being said, I can easily live without too many future track designs by PD. I think it feels right how real world tracks have taken priority in recent years as PD has acquired the resources to recreate them with high degrees of accuracy. In short, I prefer real world tracks without entirely disregarding the value of original tracks, so I voted the third option.

Last edited:
Back