FAO PD: Wheel Users Need Some Love in GT7

• Thread starter VBR
  • 17 comments

Wheel users: do you want all or some of these options in GT7?

• Total voters

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Polyphony Digital, please implement the following seven things in GT7:

• We need a linear throttle or at the very least the option to set it up to our own liking (concave/linear/convex).
  • We need the same steering ratio as previous GT games, & the option to change it (like in GT5 Prologue).
  • We need GT7 to match real-world brake pedal inputs 1:1 with in-game braking (for G29 users).
  • We need an option to turn down & off, the understeer vibration effect.
  • We need an option to set the clutch bite point to our own liking.
  • We need FFB Torque increments of 1, going from 0 to 100.
  • We need a clutch that never throws us into neutral.

Principle: if you don't give players options, you'll alienate those who don't like certain features. Whereas, if you do give players options, you'll keep everyone happy.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
VBR
  • We need a linear throttle, or at the very least the option to set it up to our own liking (concave/linear/convex).
  • We need an option to turn down & off, the understeer vibration effect.
These two things are very important for me.

VBR
  • We need GT7 to match real world brake pedal inputs 1:1 with in-game braking.
What exactly do you mean and how will this happen with so many different pedals?

What exactly do you mean...

Many people have complained that the in-game brake reaches 100% when their brake pedal isn't fully depressed, & that calibrating in-game makes no difference. For instance, just as my G29 brake pedal hits the rubber stopper, the HUD's brake telemetry is registering 100%, & this is not at all acceptable.

...and how will this happen with so many different pedals?

They have the software drivers for the wheel & pedal sets, so if it's supposed to be compatible with a game, it should work the same as it does in every other game out there.

I would like to see a PD to reward drivers on using one account over drivers with multiple Accounts . This might solve fairness in the penalties system and improve driving skills in more races.
Have one daily race for wheel and pedals only .

Last edited:
I would like to see a PD to reward drivers on using one account over drivers with multiple Accounts . This might solve fairness in the penalties system and improve driving skills in more races.
Have one daily race for wheel and pedals only .

I would have thought thats almost impossible to police.

Back to the wheel subject, I think better wheel support to set rotation angle and define min/max for pedals would be good.

I'm a bit intrigued to see if Sony team up with a wheel manufacturer and make a wheel with haptic feedback. If the feature does actually work you could emulate the feeling of worn tyres causing subtle vibration, or the feel as you just brush a kerb through a corner, resonance in the car from hitting a rev limiter or being in the wrong gear at low revs, dropping a wheel on the grass. It could really add something to the experience if the fidelity in control is as good as Sony says.

Back to the wheel subject, I think better wheel support to set rotation angle and define min/max for pedals would be good.

I fired up GT5 Prologue the other day to double check what I had wrote in the OP, & it did indeed have an option called Max Turning Angle in the tuning menu. It went from 1 to 100 & was set to 42 by default, which felt like the same steering ratio in all GT games I've played with a 900 degree wheel, all except for GT Sport that is.

I'm a bit intrigued to see if Sony team up with a wheel manufacturer and make a wheel with haptic feedback. If the feature does actually work you could emulate the feeling of worn tyres causing subtle vibration, or the feel as you just brush a kerb through a corner, resonance in the car from hitting a rev limiter or being in the wrong gear at low revs, dropping a wheel on the grass. It could really add something to the experience if the fidelity in control is as good as Sony says.

I was thinking about this the other day: haptic feedback in a brake pedal could accurately simulate the correct feeling of ABS. Fanatec put vibrating motors in their pedals, but the waveform it generates feels nothing like the real thing.

Last edited:
I would have thought thats almost impossible to police.

let have a simple race as long no one go off the track from a tap , nudge , Or push no penalty is needed let just race . If you take someone out By any means Off the track a black flag and your out and race has ended For you. That’s how it was in my day of real racing .

Last edited:
VBR
Can't believe that I've been saying this kind of thing for over 6 years already...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ital-less-forcing-more-options-please.304971/
I appreciate your effort :) it seems like they listened to some of the stuff you mentioned in the linked thread and implemented that in GTS.

Regarding the saving, I know many people are expecting GT7 to use traditional offline saving, but I’m a bit skeptical about. From what I’ve heard, PD and more importantly FIA really don’t really want to see cheating in SPORT mode. The online-only saving was implemented to secure no one is able to load a modified save-data and therefore drive hybrids. And since GT7 will obviously have a SPORT mode as well, I don’t see them leaving online-only saving.

It could be easily fixed by just choosing default cars in SPORT, instead of the ones from garage, but PD.

I appreciate your effort :) it seems like they listened to some of the stuff you mentioned in the linked thread and implemented that in GTS.

Yeah, it does seem like they listened to some of those points for GT sport. Although, there's no way of knowing if it wasn't just a happy coincidence...

:lol:

DoR is everything to me.

900º has been impossible to get a full handle on, especially where rapid counter-steering & recovery are concerned.

I'd like to be able to set and forget the DoR myself.

Most of the requests i have seen above if not all of them i can set them with my fanatec gear all ready.

Although it would be nice to be in game options

Exactly, but with the option to set a fixed DoR if we happen to favour a particular range.

I say this 'cause there're bound to be cars who's native DoR will cause me problems as I don't handle anything approaching 700º very well. I'm used to the 180º I drove my original Driving Force™ wheel for 19 years with. The wheel still works(!) but I figured I owe it to myself to grab a newer Logitech for GT7, hence my concern about big DoR's.

VBR
  • We need a clutch that never throws us into neutral.

I feel that they repaired it recently in GT Sport. It is much better than it used to be. I love driving with clutch right now in GT Sport.

It still throws you to N if you don't press clutch, but it doesn't work in 0 and 1 mode like it used to. It detects it even if I don't press it 100%. It is much more natural right now.

I won't be buying on day one but will be holding out until I know more about how the FFB & options for it work in GT7.

What we need is good adjustable ffb. Once again moving to ACC (pc) I felt GT Sport physics arent half bad, if benchmark is AC/ACC. Its quite natural transition from GTS to ACC - doesnt require brain re-calibrating like PCars does.

If they made good use of the T-GTs T-DFB, we would have this. For some reason they have made t-dfb too high frequency buzz. Dont know is this is in hardware or could be fixed within the game. Once again - give us adjustable ffb and im happy.

Back