Farewell Prologue

• Thread starter BenzAMG
  • 62 comments
Cheers.. Somehow I enjoy the challenge of that corner on HSR.. requires perfect timing for sure :lol:

:cheers:

Prologue,

You served your purpose. Even though you are just a glorified demo disc, you are more fun than any other racing game on PS3. I will sell you for $5 when GT5 comes out. Thanks again.

Prologue,

You served your purpose. Even though you are just a glorified demo disc, you are more fun than any other racing game on PS3. I will sell you for $5 when GT5 comes out. Thanks again.

I will keep it ^^ I need it for tuning and car handle comparing. Anyway, what will happen to the online prologoue part? Does PD will close everything?

I will keep it ^^ I need it for tuning and car handle comparing. Anyway, what will happen to the online prologoue part? Does PD will close everything?

It's not PD's chocie, it's Sony's. The back of the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue cause clearly says "SCEA reserves the right to retire the online portion of this game within 90 days notice."

I see it staying up though, it couldn't be that hard to keep it running.

that's a stupid video. It's not cheating. It wouldn't be considered cheating in real life, would it?

that's a stupid video. It's not cheating. It wouldn't be considered cheating in real life, would it?

It's cheating on the GTP_WRS. Gives an unfair advantage to people with wheels compared to button mashers like myself. And in a real life race, every car would probably have the advantage, so it'd be fair. But not here.

Can't bring myself to load it up anymore, if I do I fear I may sicken myself of GT games forever (and I really don't want that to happen) :D

What I do with my friends is:
Drive together on any circuit, preferably Eiger, and line up the cars on a good angle, and then take a snapshot with a good angle.

Oh that's right... I will do it again, and take better screenshot using capture card, print it and put on a nice frame on my wall.

Anyone tried this? Its just fun, and a bit confusing for other players we met online as we are gathering on one point of the track while they are racing.

They didn't know that we are helding farewell party for prologue :D :D

Cheers

Bye Bye Prologue!

It was great... the first 1.5 years were a blast! Never had so much fun racing the GTP crowd! Had a nice little tuning garage going with many memories of happy customers and great races! Now its time to move on to the dessert and really get some good racing going for the next few years.... On to GT5!!!!

And the worst part was you were allowed with a "mod" to change gear up with full throttle also even with the latest "gear change update"... see this LOVELY vid:

(pay attention to the gear up-changes of mine & Ufuk - or was it Amir :lol: - compare the throttle bar )

But farewell anyway! I enjoyed the time with you ;)

Never seen that vid before...can't stop laughing :)

Whas he choking in his beard the whole time??...

Especially the end of the vid where he looks into the camera cracked me up...really funny... :lol:

spy.

Dear Prologue:

I did everything I ever could to please you. I spent money on new wheels for you. I bought you a seat rumbler, for God's sake. Does it matter to you? Do you give me better lap times? No. Of course not. You just laugh your self satisfied laugh and play your lounge music.

Well, I've been cheating on you. With Codemasters F1. It's not as pretty as you are but it doesn't demand so much of me either. It's all "Oh, hey tyl0r_r, wanna race? My track is sooo wet right now. Prologue can't do this for you."

I was tempted, I made a mistake, but now I'm done with you. I'm pretty sure your sister is moving in next month anyway.

Dear Prologue:

It's all "Oh, hey tyl0r_r, wanna race? My track is sooo wet right now. Prologue can't do this for you."

I was tempted, I made a mistake, but now I'm done with you. I'm pretty sure your sister is moving in next month anyway.

:lol: OMG that was funny beyond words!!!

Dear GT5P,

GET OUT.

the end! :)

I have one more ode to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Thank you for providing me with the joy of racing. You were the game that took a chunk out of my controller (Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli completely destroyed my DS3)

I have broken many controllers, and you go down as one who at least caused it to have extensive cosmetic surgery. (tape) But it still drove, the game that literally frustrated the hell out of me for the GTP_WRS (unfortunately, I do not plan on reurning for GT5) But I enjoyed you, your days are numbered, but because I don't think Gran Turismo 5 is going to be sitting on the shelf on November 2nd, 2010, that means you still have a little bit of life left.

I loved to rent GT5 Prologue once in a while from my local video store ever since January 2009. But I last rented Prologue last July. Then after I sent it back to the video store, I thought for a few days, and I confirmed on deleting my 8GB GT5P installation. Saying my goodbyes, and waiting to say hello to The official Gran Turismo 5.

Dear Prologue:

I did everything I ever could to please you. I spent money on new wheels for you. I bought you a seat rumbler, for God's sake. Does it matter to you? Do you give me better lap times? No. Of course not. You just laugh your self satisfied laugh and play your lounge music.

Well, I've been cheating on you. With Codemasters F1. It's not as pretty as you are but it doesn't demand so much of me either. It's all "Oh, hey tyl0r_r, wanna race? My track is sooo wet right now. Prologue can't do this for you."

lmfao.. you da man..

Prologue, u were awesome to me. The first game I ever played online, and had tons of fun. I will never forget you, even with the arrival of your biggest brother.
Others still have to play you, and when they do, I hope you give them enough reason to get GT5.

Updates ended a very very very long time ago me amigo

Wrong, last update was September 2010 :)

With GT5's delay I will not be dusting off my GT5 Prologue; it would be too cruel :ouch:

Sticking with F1 2010 until Kaz hand delivers my GT5 Collectors Edition :grumpy:

Dear Prologue,
I'm sorry I almost left you for your hotter, more well developed sister, GT5. She spurned me yet again. Please take me back. I'm on the rebound.

Desperately yours,
ShadowWulf

Back