Farming Simulator General Discussion

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 317 comments
Yeah it is relaxing and kinda addictive, well most games are addictive for me haha. But i got so many games on my backlog and that i switch to often, that i don't stay addicted to the same one for too long, but do come back to each on and on. So I'm addicted but to games in general i guess.
I have 18, is 19 much different?

Last edited:
Yeah it is relaxing and kinda addictive, well most games are addictive for me haha. But i got so many games on my backlog and that i switch to often, that i don't stay addicted to the same one for too long, but do come back to each on and on.
I have 18, is 19 much different?
I think the last one was 17 and the latest being 19. Ive never played any of the previous games so I wouldn't know. Only reason why I got on the bandwagon is because of the ps+ games this month.

I think the last one was 17 and the latest being 19. Ive never played any of the previous games so I wouldn't know. Only reason why I got on the bandwagon is because of the ps+ games this month.

Oups you're right, it's 17, been a while..
Yeah i just got 19 now too without downloading it yet, had 17 for cheap, played for a while and found it great and well made and just sidetracked by so many other ones.

Whatever you do DON'T install this game. My whole family is laughing at my new addiction...

I made this mistake. Im totally addicted, After the first day i had to get the Season Pass for all the awesome machinery that i didnt know existed let alone needed. I had a limited interest in farming but now its the only videogame i can be bothered to play, And when im not playing it im not only watching FS19 videos but real life farming and silage videos too:dunce:

What kind of bore have i become?

Im even excited for the Kverneland and Vicon DLC coming next month. My yard needs that Fastbaler now!

Last edited:
I also downloaded it, found the tutorials pretty cool but now am a little overwhelmed by the career mode and miss a bit of guidance.

I also downloaded it, found the tutorials pretty cool but now am a little overwhelmed by the career mode and miss a bit of guidance.

The best piece of advice I can give is start small. Don’t try running a mega farm right away and instead just focus on farming a couple small fields and expand as you feel comfortable. Once you get that down you can move to animals, sheep or chickens are probably the best for beginners since they only need one type of food and water (chickens don’t need you to refill water and are very boring though, so I would recommend sheep).

I felt the same way. I wish they gave better guidance for pretty much every aspect of the game instead of the 3 major components, seeding, harvesting, selling. Like the uniqueness of corn or potatoes, animals, feed, etc. But luckily it's content for youtube..

The best piece of advice I can give is start small. Don’t try running a mega farm right away and instead just focus on farming a couple small fields and expand as you feel comfortable. Once you get that down you can move to animals, sheep or chickens are probably the best for beginners since they only need one type of food and water (chickens don’t need you to refill water and are very boring though, so I would recommend sheep).

I wish that for raising cows you could just feed them straight hay bales since a lot of people do that in real life.

I wish that for raising cows you could just feed them straight hay bales since a lot of people do that in real life.

I wish they would revamp the animals completely. This game got me more interested in real life farming, which is great, but that has had the (probably) unintended consequence of showing me how simplified this game is.

Granted having said that they should certainly keep the simplified aspects as an option, but some more in depth options would be nice.

They are supposedly not releasing a new game this year so hopefully they are using the extra time to give the game the boost it needs.

I wish they would revamp the animals completely. This game got me more interested in real life farming, which is great, but that has had the (probably) unintended consequence of showing me how simplified this game is.

Granted having said that they should certainly keep the simplified aspects as an option, but some more in depth options would be nice.

They are supposedly not releasing a new game this year so hopefully they are using the extra time to give the game the boost it needs.

There are a couple other farming sims due out this year that I'm hoping adds some realism. I've seen Fix & Farm 2020, which looks like it spends more time on the maintenance aspect of farming than anything, Ranch Simulator, which looks like it focuses on animals, and one called Farmer's Life which looks...interesting. With Farmer's Life, from the bit of it I've seen you actually help cows give birth, shoe horses, and slaughter your own animals. However, it's also a Eastern European simulator so like the Russian mob will show up and whack you.

It's been awhile since I played this. I had built up to the point it was becoming a logistical nightmare in my old save lol. I had a fleet of Case 7250 Pro tractors with a few JCB fastracs mixed in doing field work, a pair of Tatra trucks to haul the crops, and 2 New Holland Revelation Combines going almost nonstop. Once I tried throwing Cows and Silage into that mix it was just too much.

There are a couple other farming sims due out this year that I'm hoping adds some realism. I've seen Fix & Farm 2020, which looks like it spends more time on the maintenance aspect of farming than anything, Ranch Simulator, which looks like it focuses on animals, and one called Farmer's Life which looks...interesting. With Farmer's Life, from the bit of it I've seen you actually help cows give birth, shoe horses, and slaughter your own animals. However, it's also a Eastern European simulator so like the Russian mob will show up and whack you.

IIRC Cattle & Crops is coming out of Early Access sometime soon as well. Farmers Dynasty also fully launched late last year and seems to be well reviewed, that one seems like Sims meets Farming Simulator which doesn't really interest me though so I have yet to try it.

It's nice to see some more competition with actual variety in the game though as the FS clones that have been released in the past haven't really done much to push Giants. Really the only one that has brought something new to the arena is Pure Farming and that seems to be a case of "great ideas, not-so-great execution", which is a shame.

It's been awhile since I played this. I had built up to the point it was becoming a logistical nightmare in my old save lol. I had a fleet of Case 7250 Pro tractors with a few JCB fastracs mixed in doing field work, a pair of Tatra trucks to haul the crops, and 2 New Holland Revelation Combines going almost nonstop. Once I tried throwing Cows and Silage into that mix it was just too much.

I've found that large scale farming is really only fun if you have a group of people willing to dedicate the time for a multiplayer save. For single player I tend to stick to medium sized farms at the largest or else they tend to be too much of a chore even with the courseplay mod on the PC.

Last edited:
Farmers Dynasty also fully launched late last year and seems to be well reviewed, that one seems like Sims meets Farming Simulator which doesn't really interest me though so I have yet to try it.

I liked Farmer's Dynasty well enough, but it never felt finished. There's also way less of an emphasis on growing stuff and more of an emphasis on rebuilding your farm. Money was also super hard to come by too and I got sick of just grinding for it so I cheated a couple of million Euros and went to town. It probably not worth really trying it unless it's deeply discounted or you can get it through a game pass. I think EA Origin Premier has it right now, but I'm not sure.

Well, fellow racers, what a couple of weeks. I've got some new fields, a couple of new Valtras (Silver with black wheels- everything looks hot that way...), and I've been running contracts like mad. I'm making reliable harvest income, and I finally discovered autoloading bale trailers. Still completely hooked, and so far, no penalties! I spent last night oohing and aaahing over a new weeder. The one thing I find hilarious is running down the road at 30 mph in a tractor pulling two trailers full of soybeans and having the speed to pull out and pass the local motorists. Too funny.

I am terrible at plowing, the helpers are terrible with the bigger plows also. I find putting 2 helpers with small plows on opposite ends of a big field much faster than one big machine being clumsy.

I've been playing FS19 since it was first on PS Plus and I'm shocked at how good looking it is. Comparing it to Bus Simulator or Train Sim World (which is getting a sequel BTW), everything just looks... better. I love the South American map on the mods (it's made by Giants and it's called Estancia Lapacho I believe if anyone wants to try it). I usually cheat when playing the game but honestly I don't care. I like cakewalks.

So, I've been playing this, Pure Farming 2018, and Farmers Dynasty recently. All 3 are similar enough to play together. FD is a grind fest until you realize that's the point lol, just take it slow and buy low, sell high basically. PF2018 is pretty similar to FS19 in Free Farm mode except the helpers are much more expensive, the Campaign mode is similar to FD, with you stuck with crappy equipment for awhile with no helpers through most of it.

Basically I have lost my marbles and went Farm SIM crazy it seems.

I didnt think Farming Simulator would be the game to tip me over the edge to moving over to PC. It looks that way however. Slot count is making it that i can only really enjoy no mans land with a farm of any decent size. Hopefully be picking a PC up soon.

The 3 point hitch adapter makes for fun times when you're bored. The Tatra can actually do field work with it, like cultivating at the level of a 200hp tractor lol. It doesn't really like plowing though.

Edit: I was talking about a few other farm simulator games earlier, Pure Farming 2018 can do one neat thing FS19 doesn't. That one thing is any vehicle you put on the low boy trailer will actually be secured, even the giant Versatile with no worries of it coming off. I just wish 4 wheel steering was properly implemented there though, the JCB 4220 tractor is much less unique because of that. I do enjoy the unique combines and different tractors from FS19 though.

Last edited:
Just downloaded basic version of the game, get ready for some stupid questions, because YouTube is NO HELP.

I leased a tractor and a manure spreader to fulfill a contract on fertilizing field 7, walked over to pick them up, now need to fill it.....that's what the tutorials don't tell you. WHERE to fill manure spreader?

CANCEL that, went and turned in manure spreader, got the lime bucket instead.

I haven't done something correctly. Contract #7, about halfway through fertilization, "You don't have access to this land", and then back on the contract screen ZERO progress after I am done fertilizing...

Last edited:
Just downloaded basic version of the game, WHERE to fill manure spreader?

You probably have the single axle Breda fertilizer spreader borrowed. You need to buy a big bag of solid fertilizer from the store, then fill the spreader, one bag is usually enough for most contracts. You will get a refund for unused fertilizer at contract end.

Now, if you leased a manure spreader, not borrowed you may have an issue because you don't just simply "buy" solid manure lol. You need cows to get it as far as I know.

Just downloaded basic version of the game, get ready for some stupid questions, because YouTube is NO HELP.

I leased a tractor and a manure spreader to fulfill a contract on fertilizing field 7, walked over to pick them up, now need to fill it.....that's what the tutorials don't tell you. WHERE to fill manure spreader?

Usually you get manure from your cows or pigs, but since I'm guessing you haven't progressed to that point you may have 2 options depending on what platform you are on.

- The first option is to make sure you have it set so helpers buy manure than hire them for a second before firing them.

- Secondly check the modhub for either multi-fill silos, manure trading or manure/TMR pallets. If you're on console they may not be there though as some mods are PC only. I would recommend this route if they are available.

@DVNTST8, If you are doing contracts and don't own the right equipment yet, just borrow what is offered. Yea, you lose a little money, but it gives you a chance to try out new machines before comitting to buying, or leasing it. I still borrow sometimes depending on the contract, even on my 150+ hour main save file.

Thank you, people.

It looks like that because I LEASED, instead of BORROWED, might be where I goofed.

I leased the Fiat 1300DT and the Bredal K165 (originally leased a manure spreader), and then filled up with lime.

I'll cancel the contract, then re-attack with a borrow of machinery instead of a lease of machinery. Once the sun comes up in game, of course.

Thank you to LM7325 and Northstar of the assistance.

Next stupid question.

I got a new contract, clicked BORROW this time...now what? Where to borrow?

Back