Fastest Elise 111r Nurburgring Nordschleife lap?

• Thread starter alx-ndr
  • 65 comments
United Kingdom
London/England
alx-ndr
I'm making a video for youtube of a lap round the ring in this car... what's a good lap time for this?
I'm getting 6:50s so far... so I'm looking for something faster than that if possible =]
I just need a benchmark to beat...

No point putting a slow lap time up on youtube lol...

What state of tune is it in? Have you RM'ed it?

I was going to do a few runs myself - I've used it for the 4h enduro, but obviously that's not the Nord.

I've done 6:40s ONLINE, i expect better offline (no traffic?/different psychics)
EDIT: you mean the racemod right?(just checking lol.)

Yeahh, damnn that's quick... I think I need online to do break 6:50, I keep trying to drive perfect rather than race it when I'm driving offline.

Did a couple of time trail laps with best time 6:30

Have to say the maxed out Elise is a bit of an overkill on this track with racing soft tires.

With some fine tuning and training the times may go 5 seconds faster.

I'm gona give this a go tomorrow seeing as there is no PSN. I get into the 6:40's online, but not sure offline. Should be fun. I feel sometimes the elise RM needs a slight (20-50kg/Pos:depends what the weight is, e.g. 25kg ballast -18 to the front etc) weight ballast at the front in the open lounges. I sometimes do it and it feels so planted at the front, not as much understeer from the last time. Who knows, it might need some tweaking in the set-up and it could just be me.:)

cheers.

Brad.

I'm gona give this a go tomorrow seeing as there is no PSN. I get into the 6:40's online, but not sure offline. Should be fun. I feel sometimes the elise RM needs a slight (20-50kg/Pos:depends what the weight is, e.g. 25kg ballast -18 to the front etc) weight ballast at the front in the open lounges. I sometimes do it and it feels so planted at the front, not as much understeer from the last time. Who knows, it might need some tweaking in the set-up and it could just be me.:)

cheers.

Brad.

I increase the roll bars to 7 on the front so it drives like it's on rails if I don't drive stupidly...

I've raced online with a guy named easyin. He is a master of the ring in an RM Elise. You need to get him on video.

Without a doubt he is the one to beat in this car, and it has been that way for sometime now. But he is a terribly slow typer :sly:

6:30 is amazingly fast. I remember a 6:46. If ever you wanted to see the benifits of not using ABS - this is the car! Simply apply a little braking while turning and the car takes care of the rest.

6:30 is amazingly fast. I remember a 6:46. If ever you wanted to see the benifits of not using ABS - this is the car! Simply apply a little braking while turning and the car takes care of the rest.

Ohhh! I'm getting 6:50-55 with ABS on and everything else off... I'll try it with ABS off tomorrow. I'm just losing time because I'm over cautious, trying to do a perfect lap makes me screw up lol

I just love this car, to me it's the most fun to drive car in the game!

Dammit, I was going to have a go at this today, but after 3 days sat in front of the teevee I think I might have to take my pale self out of doors today or I'll get rickets.

Hey guys, gave the hot lap a quick attempt this morning, first time round i got a 6:34.211. That was with all aids off except ABS set to 1. I feel i could have gone quicker though, one of my sectors didn't feel up to scratch. However i will try when I come back to my ps3 later on without ABS and let you know. Also hopefully I'll be able to post up a replay.

cheers guys.

brad:)

Thanks, Brad. The worst part is I've been up 1.5seconds by T2, and all my biggest mistakes came after that! So, I'll shoot for a '25 before I get worried about proving anything. ;) But once I nail every apex I don't mind putting a video up. Also, I have some epic races of me and easyin racing around the Type V layout, maybe I'll put one of those up sometime too. "...we'll be famous" :lol:

Yea thats the trouble I have, nail most of the sectors one lap and mess up the others. Really anoying after a while, but don't worry we all get a good laptime in the end.👍

6:30:285

I tried ABS off, but the car already locks when I only LOOK at the brake.
I put it back to ABS1

Also.. mine seems to have 315BHP and not 320.
New engine, new oil. Even with some miles on it, it stays 315.
Anyone have a clu where that 5BHP went?

An last:
Anyone have a good setup for this car? I drive it stock, LSD 25 instead of 10 to keep the rear from passing the front.
But I need a good setup ;)

6:27 using ds3, enjoy the replay

(replay data is from European version ,it will not work on US Gt5)

Lap was not well.. Judging from the split times before and after there is still 2-3 seconds to pick up.

setup- still work in progress.
The goal is to be able to attack the curbs and get away with while keeping the cars setup sharp enough to be fast.

max aero
weight distribution -1
ballast 0
lsd 20/50/5
height -25/-22
dampers 6/9
1/8
springs 5.2/7.2
roll bars 4/7
camber 1.5/1.5
toe -0.05/0.10

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    968.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Just tried Elise 111R RM at Nurburgring 4hr for few laps (Type V).

Driving Option: Racing Soft Tyre, ABS 1, all other assistances OFF

My best lap time : 8min 27s ( i should be able to do it under 8min25s tonight)

I will try Nurburgring Nordschleife tonight

Back