Fastest Elise 111r Nurburgring Nordschleife lap?

• Thread starter alx-ndr
  • 65 comments
6:27 with replay enjoy

Lap was not well.. Judging from the split times before and after there is still 2-3 seconds to pick up.

setup- still work in progress.
The goal is to be able to attack the curbs and get away with while keeping the cars setup sharp enough to be fast.

max aero
weight distribution -1
ballast 0
lsd 20/50/5
height -25/-22
dampers 6/9
1/8
springs 5.2/7.2
roll bars 4/7
camber 1.5/1.5
toe -0.05/0.10

Coolio :D
Gonna try that setup when I get out of bed (it's 04.55h over here right now, reaaally bedtime for me )

Thnx for sharing setup New_Soul :)

6:30:285

I tried ABS off, but the car already locks when I only LOOK at the brake.
I put it back to ABS1

Also.. mine seems to have 315BHP and not 320.
New engine, new oil. Even with some miles on it, it stays 315.
Anyone have a clu where that 5BHP went?

An last:
Anyone have a good setup for this car? I drive it stock, LSD 25 instead of 10 to keep the rear from passing the front.
But I need a good setup ;)

Ya with a good setup your time should improve greatly. Check the tuning forum. There's a thread stickied at the top titled: Every tune in this forum. Scroll down to the Lotus 111R and check'em out. Let us know if your time improves.

I just posted an unofficial 6:39 earlier tonight that I'm pretty happy with considering it's seven seconds faster than my previous efforts. I'm going to keep trying to shave time.

I couldn't upload that zip file. I'm hoping one of the faster times could do us lesser drivers a favor by posting your sector times??? Also has anybody worked with custom transmission settings for this? I'm guessing a good custom trans setting could shave some time.

6:27 with replay enjoy

Lap was not well.. Judging from the split times before and after there is still 2-3 seconds to pick up.

The goal is to be able to attack the curbs and get away with while keeping the cars setup sharp enough to be fast.

max aero
weight distribution -1
ballast 0
lsd 20/50/5
height -25/-22
dampers 6/9
1/8
springs 5.2/7.2
roll bars 4/7
camber 1.5/1.5
toe -0.05/0.10

Wow thanks for the time new_soul. That's unreal. Watching that replay your car seems to handle like as if its on rails! WTH!? You guys all using wheel set-ups these days or something? My DS3 just don't cut it any more perhaps (holding me back?).

NB: Can ppl posting times please state what they use. Sometimes its just not right to compare Control with Wheel it seems. Please ta thanks! :)

Last edited:
lol I seem to have started a little competition!

I'm guna try break 6:40 this weekend, I'm having a break from PS3 until the PSN is back up.

lol I seem to have started a little competition!

I'm guna try break 6:40 this weekend, I'm having a break from PS3 until the PSN is back up.

On our Dutch forum we have a challenge that lasts for 2 weeks.
Winner gets a car of choice, a ticket or a paint colour.
Also, winner can select car of next challenge, en 2nd placed chooses track.

Since GT5 has almost no challenges (I was finished on december 20th or so except for the horrible endurance races...) this is a good alternative.
Only problem is we only have 3 or 4 guys trying to compete :D

First challenge was BMW road car on Nordschleife, second was Lambo on Nurburgring/GP, Third was.. eehh Alfa on Trial Mountain, and now we're doing Lotus on Laguna Seca :)

Rules are: All tuning allowed, all driving aids allowed, Sport Soft tires max.
We can't check anything else than the tires so.. rest is free :|

If interested: http://www.granturismo5.nl/en/Forum/gt5-challenges
Err.. but it;s in Dutch...
Good thing is you can reply in any language you like since we dutch can readwritespeak French German Dutch and English of course :)

Also has anybody worked with custom transmission settings for this? I'm guessing a good custom trans setting could shave some time.
yes ...
1st gear very long ~100km/h - the rest short and in high rpm, max speed 292kmh

..used ds3:)

6:27 using ds3, enjoy the replay

(replay data is from European version ,it will not work on US Gt5)

max aero
weight distribution -1
ballast 0
lsd 20/50/5
height -25/-22
dampers 6/9
1/8
springs 5.2/7.2
roll bars 4/7
camber 1.5/1.5
toe -0.05/0.10

I'll implement some of this into my settings to see if it makes a difference.

I use 7/1 with the roll bars, never see it the other way around like your tune. I prefer oversteer so I try to make the back of the car swing out as much as possible.

I think the main thing is I need to learn the track, I only have the track up to the carousel down to a T...

6.27.466 with your setup New_Soul...
Must.. crack 1:26:xxx

You guys drive with all aids except ABS off, right?

That's a grate time:tup:

yes. everything off, but ABS, I will try to turn it off later, I'm out of the soft stuff for my controller, :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5238855#post5238855
,but the Elise might not need it at all.:sly:

I'll implement some of this into my settings to see if it makes a difference.

I use 7/1 with the roll bars, never see it the other way around like your tune. I prefer oversteer so I try to make the back of the car swing out as much as possible.

I think the main thing is I need to learn the track, I only have the track up to the carousel down to a T...

oversteer is the other way around.

Last edited:
6:26:617, but I messed up the last corner before looooong straight, then tried to 'gain time' by overattacking the last corners.
Thats where it usually goes wrong, when I try to 'gain time' in places where it's impossible...
Could have been a 6:25... gonna try a little more then bedtime.

Still using your setup :D

Grate:tup: I am also looking to brake in to the 25's and maybe brake it, I see it as achievable, unfortunately I have have no time for hot laping at he moment.

My car only has 307HP now...
Max I have 315, but even that 8 HP less I could see on the straights. Was loosing like 0.150 on the fast parts, bah.

Too tired. 05.24 am here...
I think 6:24.xxx is possible with your setup New_Soul..
Just need to drive a perfect lap thats all :D

I did it.
6:24:9xx

Refreshed oil, refreshed rigidity and refreshed engine, then drove a good clean lap.
Some points can be tenths of seconds faster.. but I think I didnt make any major mistake this time.

I'll try uploading ghost.

That's a grate time:tup:

yes. everything off, but ABS, I will try to turn it off later, I'm out of the soft stuff for my controller, :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5238855#post5238855
,but the Elise might not need it at all.:sly:

oversteer is the other way around.

Haha... *facepalm*

I might try your settings in full then... you should post them in the tuning section if they're really good =]

Well it works for me, I like the way the car handles with the roll bars set 7/1... Is that tightening up the steering then?

I thought it would make the back end looser by setting it to 1 and the front end more like on rails. It gives it a feeling of torque steer I think...

I have got a 6:30 offline though it took several laps to get a clean lap
did it in a time attack lobby

Last edited:
Well it works for me, I like the way the car handles with the roll bars set 7/1... Is that tightening up the steering then?
basicly a softer front than the rear allows more weight to shift to the front and makes the rear lighter, eyers to turn.

basicly a softer front than the rear allows more weight to shift to the front and makes the rear lighter, eyers to turn.

Not really. Stabilisers have very minimal influence on front-rear weight shifting.
They do influence left-right weight changes though..

Imho a softer stabiliser allowes for slower weight transfer, thus more control in slow corners.
In fast corners, higher stabilisers will make a car more controllable, but the difference between grip and no grip becomes smaller.

Not really. Stabilisers have very minimal influence on front-rear weight shifting.
They do influence left-right weight changes though..

Imho a softer stabiliser allowes for slower weight transfer, thus more control in slow corners.
In fast corners, higher stabilisers will make a car more controllable, but the difference between grip and no grip becomes smaller.

Under braking it has some importance. Softer allows faster weight transfer and allows better grip in slower corners because there is less force needed to use the most of the tire in a turn. You can tell how much weight your car transfers by the rate of a tire heating up and cooling off.

In rare cases those extreme difference in values work. In most cars, you will just greatly reduce tire life.

No it's just the regular one....I just never drive that track or that car. I also never switched the tires on the car I don't know what it comes with.
I'm not ashamed, like I said I just went for it and thats what I did...I actually hate that track.

We're driving on the normal Nordschleife.
Maybe you're driving on another variant? Or maybe in reverse?

Back