Fastest Times for La Festa Cavillano - Circuit De La Sarthe

  • Thread starter Thread starter DLR
  • 406 comments
  • 46,828 views
I have done a 3.13 with the enzo. How can people do a 3 minute? I must be missing a huge cutting point.
 
The final chicaneS. Plural. Both of those last two chicanes can be straightlined. Come howling down that last straight, brake late, just mash the brake before the turn-in to the chicane, aim *just a bit* to the left, so you miss the tire wall on the right hand side, then nail the throttle and steer to the right to put you back on the starting-line straight. Shaves more than a couple seconds right there...

Oh, and 3:35.xxx clean in the same car.

Another key area is at the start of the run. Assuming your timing on the first run, after passing the first car and passing the second car as you go through Dunlop to the right, do not make the first left/right combo in the esses. Instead, hesitate for a quick second and then mash the gas and go straight through the infield aiming slightly to the left so you end up on the access road next to the fence right where it comes onto the main track. You need to hesitate just slightly before going off track so you time the exit right behind the red car making the left hand turn as you approach. I have made it past him once in front but you have to be perfect and carry a lot of speed through the Dunlop to make that move. I coast through the dirt and come back on the track in 4th or 5th place. After finishing the esses and cutting Tertre Rouge as much as I can, I am on the straight in third place and off to cutting the chicanes.
 
Another key area is at the start of the run. Assuming your timing on the first run, after passing the first car and passing the second car as you go through Dunlop to the right, do not make the first left/right combo in the esses. Instead, hesitate for a quick second and then mash the gas and go straight through the infield aiming slightly to the left so you end up on the access road next to the fence right where it comes onto the main track. You need to hesitate just slightly before going off track so you time the exit right behind the red car making the left hand turn as you approach. I have made it past him once in front but you have to be perfect and carry a lot of speed through the Dunlop to make that move. I coast through the dirt and come back on the track in 4th or 5th place. After finishing the esses and cutting Tertre Rouge as much as I can, I am on the straight in third place and off to cutting the chicanes.

Gonna have to try that! I hadn't though of that one. Thanks for the heads-up!
 
did a 3:22 in the italia, down to 3:17.6 in the tuned enzo, (cutting all cicaines), tweaked the suspension a bit - increased the camber 3.2/1.9 for mech. grip in slower corners and lowered by -2/-2.
I might lower the diff settings to help cornering 2nite - will post new time if faster
 
MadMax86
If I get in to 3'00.xxx's I'll do a video of it. I did 3'02.0xx today.
So might be able to squeeze down to 3'00's soon.



MadMax

3:02 would be really helpful too 👍

I've done a 3'00.651 2 days ago. (before 2.0 update)
So it's time I record a video of it.
Any specific camera angle/position you'd like it to be recorded from?

Bumper/in car/behind car/normal replay more/replay mode without gauges ect.

Or maybe 2 or 3 of those mentioned above?
I'm not good at video editing so it'll be simple one view at a time for full lap.



MadMax
 
I've done a 3'00.651 2 days ago. (before 2.0 update)
So it's time I record a video of it.
Any specific camera angle/position you'd like it to be recorded from?

Bumper/in car/behind car/normal replay more/replay mode without gauges ect.

Or maybe 2 or 3 of those mentioned above?
I'm not good at video editing so it'll be simple one view at a time for full lap.



MadMax

i would like it to be 3rd person view(when you see the whole car) because everyone can examine the right points of turns and brakes.

and please, put the HUD on!!! THANKS 👍👍👍
 
I've done a 3'00.651 2 days ago. (before 2.0 update)
So it's time I record a video of it.
Any specific camera angle/position you'd like it to be recorded from?

Bumper/in car/behind car/normal replay more/replay mode without gauges ect.

Or maybe 2 or 3 of those mentioned above?
I'm not good at video editing so it'll be simple one view at a time for full lap.



MadMax

3:00.6 is stellar work MadMax, I would definitely be interested in watching a video. I would prefer to see the bumper cam view if possible. Again, and most importantly, that is a killer lap, congratulations.
 
TP3
3:00.6 is stellar work MadMax, I would definitely be interested in watching a video. I would prefer to see the bumper cam view if possible. Again, and most importantly, that is a killer lap, congratulations.

I have recorded the replay from 3rd person view sofar , I'll capture the run from bumper cam aswell before editing and posting a video to youtube.



MadMax
 
The video of 3'00.651 pass from 3rd person view and bumper cam:




Sorry that it took so long to capture , slice and upload.
The upload actually took about 1,5 hours. :lol:
Included the 2 most spectacular flips I have had here.



MadMax
 
CAM
I think you need to have a corner cutting leaderboard and a legit leaderboard. Cause I don't think a 3:22 or others that are faster are attainable with a legit time.

I agree. I have done a clean 3.27 in an untuned Enzo and just dont see how you can go any quicker without cutting the chicanes. (My first post by the way - just joined)
 
That was an impressive lap! Hats off to you!
Loved the flips too, was your ride height all the way up?
 
TP3
3:00.6 is stellar work MadMax, I would definitely be interested in watching a video. I would prefer to see the bumper cam view if possible. Again, and most importantly, that is a killer lap, congratulations.

Amazing lap, definitely.
 
Thanks for the video MadMax. And what a great lap!
Do you think you could've gotten below the 3min mark if it wasn't for the last wall?
 
Thanks for the video MadMax. And what a great lap!
Do you think you could've gotten below the 3min mark if it wasn't for the last wall?

Nope , the last sector time on that lap was 26.206 , compared to my fastest time in that sector is 25.762 .
The time could have been something between .1 and .5

3'00.651 vs my fastest sectors
27.791
26.989
20.848
21.178
27.477
30.162
26.206
3'00.651

vs my fastest sector times:

27.566
26.672
20.715
21.063
27.229
29.652
25.762

I did one other mistake that cost me time on that lap at the last corner of sector 4 (the left turn just before T5 split/checkpoint)


@berty1979 , This is the setup I used for that run:

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 - Sarthe 2009 grind setup version 1.04

922HP/1044kg 649PP

DF 2/25
no ballast

Transmission
First move Final gear to 5.500 and max speed 240 km/h / all the way to left.
And then set the gears as follows:

2.902
2.083
1.700
1.400
1.175
1.016
Final 3.000


LSD 22/17/27

Suspension
40/-25
17.0/10.6
4/7
6/3
7/1

1.8/1.5
-0.09/0.21

Brake balance 10/5

Tyres Racing Soft

driving aids: Active Steering Strong , SRF on and ABS 10

Oh right , using DFGT FFB10 , Simulation , power assisted steering off



MadMax
 
Thanks madmax, I will have to go and try it now. I never thought to cut the early corners before but it works a treat looking at the video you made 👍
 
3:32:06 in a fully tuned Enzo, cutting no corners ;)
 
Back