Fastest Times for La Festa Cavillano - Circuit De La Sarthe

• Thread starter DLR
  • 406 comments
I'll be sure to check that video out

I did 3:12.084 this morning with a DS3, 3:10 is definitely possible from my point of view.

Will be interesting to see where I can find that extra 3 seconds

I want to see a video of the 3:01 - 3:02 times. :)

EDIT, a Video taken from the Bumper view would be best to see the entry points.

I just ran a 3'14.962" lap on the Circuit De La Sarthe with a DS3. :sly:
Pretty psyched about it, because I never usually make every turn just right in the same lap.

Is it cheeky to ask where all the cuts are on La Sarthe?

I take 4:
The obvious two chicanes on the main straight.
The corner before the main straight (if you take it tighter, it's a much shorter route and can be taken at a much higher speed.
The final chicane

Is there anywhere else I can nick a few seconds? I'm running this race to pick up as many cars I like as I can...

3:17.548 - Fully tuned Enzo, 922hp, cut everything I possibly could, straightlined wherever possible.

ETA: just dropped it to 3:17.491

Last edited:

I take 4:
The corner before the main straight (if you take it tighter, it's a much shorter route and can be taken at a much higher speed.
The final chicane

Is there anywhere else I can nick a few seconds? I'm running this race to pick up as many cars I like as I can...

The final chicaneS. Plural. Both of those last two chicanes can be straightlined. Come howling down that last straight, brake late, just mash the brake before the turn-in to the chicane, aim *just a bit* to the left, so you miss the tire wall on the right hand side, then nail the throttle and steer to the right to put you back on the starting-line straight. Shaves more than a couple seconds right there...

Oh, and 3:35.xxx clean in the same car.

I run about equal time in the 458 and the Enzo, ~3:24 and ~3:22 are my best but most of the time I'm ~3:34 in both. I always mess up the corner after the long straights.

Fully modded (not tuned) Enzo, Cut chicanes.

Did about 50 rounds now...sober and under influence..

Best time.. 3.16.846!

I take 4:
The final chicane

After (start/finish) straight, you get the corner to the right, full throttle and cut it off to the left, where you will get into position 7 if lucky.

Hmm, let's see... with both the 458 and Enzo I manage something around 3:51,xxx. No cutting, no bumping, no touching. NO TOUCHING!
ABS 0, no HUD, Cockpit Cam.

THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND!

Dang i did a 3:18.xxx in a tuned enzo and i thought i set a hot lap. I must be losing time in the S-curves. I don't whether 3rd or 4th works better. I need to adjust my ratios...

I take 4:
The final chicane

You can nock a few tenths off also climbing the hill from the second left hander.

458 completely modded all clean, 3mins and 42sec.
Fully moddded Enzo 3mins and 18secs, I'll use them all after I get off of work tomorrow. Except that crappy 512.

Ι want to see a video of 3:00... my best is 3:08 (DS3), so i want to know to shave of a couple of mins in 10-12 runs(time is pretty useful for me)...

My best DS3 was 3:21-ish, I want to say 3:18 with an Enzo. Best with my 599 is 3:24.

Ι want to see a video of 3:00... my best is 3:08 (DS3), so i want to know to shave of a couple of mins in 10-12 runs(time is pretty useful for me)...

If I get in to 3'00.xxx's I'll do a video of it. I did 3'02.0xx today.
So might be able to squeeze down to 3'00's soon.

MadMax

New PB.

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 - Sarthe 2009 grind setup version 1.03

922HP/1044kg 649PP

DF 2/25
no ballast

Transmission (F2.500 max speed 370 km/h / ~230 MPH)
F2.500

LSD 22/17/27

Suspension
40/-25
17.0/10.6
4/7
6/3
7/1

1.8/1.5
-0.09/0.21

Brake balance 10/5

Tyres Racing Soft

driving aids: Active Steering Strong , SRF on and ABS 10

Oh right , using DFGT FFB10 , Simulation , power assisted steering off.

Hi Madmax & everyone, sorry for asking a noob question, but it seems like i cannot get the transmission to be set up like the one posted.. for example i don't see anywhere near "7.044" for the first gear. Am i missing something here?

thanks.

Hi Madmax & everyone, sorry for asking a noob question, but it seems like i cannot get the transmission to be set up like the one posted.. for example i don't see anywhere near "7.044" for the first gear. Am i missing something here?

thanks.

That first gear is a result of super long transmission setup.

Since that setup I've changed my gearing , it looks now like this:

First move Final gear to 5.500 and max speed 240 km/h / all the way to left.
And then set the gears as follows:

Final 3.000

This setup should be able to do 395+ km/h / 247+ MPH
And in draft it tops out at 405 km/h / 253 MPH .

MadMax

thanks madmax!

did other things in your settings changed? ie. suspension & lsd etc.

I'm testing one very small change in the suspension , but can't yet tell if it's for the better or not.

So everything is 99.9% same as listed in your post and my post above.

MadMax

Hm, so with a 3:14:xxx with the Enzo im not that bad ey? With cut chicanes i mean and pretty good settings, i say u can win about 5 secs just in the startsection with good settings, and the chicanes should be cut quite well, i won at least another 5 secs with improved cheating ;-)

Back