Fastest way to earn credits?

  • Thread starter Thread starter toyota_gt1
  • 34 comments
  • 8,864 views

toyota_gt1

(Banned)
Messages
876
Messages
XxViPeRxX24
Messages
XxViPeRxX24
Lately, I've been grinding the "Like the Wind" race at Indy. It brings in 70,000 credits for 5 laps. However, the cars I'm looking to purchase range from 3-7 million (currently have 2.4 million). It would obviously take A LOT of grinding to earn this kind of money. Any other races that bring in the bucks in a short time?
 
Lately, I've been grinding the "Like the Wind" race at Indy. It brings in 70,000 credits for 5 laps. However, the cars I'm looking to purchase range from 3-7 million (currently have 2.4 million). It would obviously take A LOT of grinding to earn this kind of money. Any other races that bring in the bucks in a short time?

You could play some b-spec meanwhile watch some TV and relax ;)
 
You could play some b-spec meanwhile watch some TV and relax ;)

Yeah, but my B-Spec is only level 9 so I don't really have anything to work with there.
 
Yeah, but my B-Spec is only level 9 so I don't really have anything to work with there.

well you know what you have to work on then, my time spent not on GT5, my B-spec driver is doing something. For the most part we only differ by about three or four levels.
 
Aside from the American Championship race at Indy, there aren't any better money grinding events in the game. I've completed 3 endurance races so far, and I don't think a single one has paid more than 130k-170k credits. I can't imagine that amount will increase much, especially not for the time invested.
 
If you think the credits issue is bad, wait until you have to start grinding for levels. Despite the fact the endurance races are all I have left (aside from 1 event in Extreme Series I'm not too eager for), each one does not give you enough XP to progress to the next level and therefore next race.
 
If you think the credits issue is bad, wait until you have to start grinding for levels. Despite the fact the endurance races are all I have left (aside from 1 event in Extreme Series I'm not too eager for), each one does not give you enough XP to progress to the next level and therefore next race.

I already am. I had to do the Like the Wind Indy race at least 15 times to get to level 23. Now that I'm here, I don't know what the hell to do.
 
I already am. I had to do the Like the Wind Indy race at least 15 times to get to level 23. Now that I'm here, I don't know what the hell to do.

Yeah, it sucks. Even if you gold absolutely every event as you unlock it, you still won't receive even close to enough XP to advance later in the game. Surely PD must have known this, so I'm amazed that they would expect their fans to grind away senselessly for hours just to continue their progression. Then again, you will receive a 'reward card' every time you complete a race 100 times. Ugh.

The options seem to be either A) continue the grind or B) wait until everyone else in the community is this far so they too can realize how ridiculous this system is and maybe with enough rabble PD will increase the XP awards. At a minimum they should dish out XP for online races.
 
I just finished the advanced special kart challenge with gold and got 109000 credit for 2x 5 laps. Don't know if you get the same on repeat but it's fast
 
Which car did you use to win Like the win the first time?
 
I just finished the advanced special kart challenge with gold and got 109000 credit for 2x 5 laps. Don't know if you get the same on repeat but it's fast

Sadly you can not repeat special events.
 
Yeah, it sucks. Even if you gold absolutely every event as you unlock it, you still won't receive even close to enough XP to advance later in the game. Surely PD must have known this, so I'm amazed that they would expect their fans to grind away senselessly for hours just to continue their progression. Then again, you will receive a 'reward card' every time you complete a race 100 times. Ugh.

The options seem to be either A) continue the grind or B) wait until everyone else in the community is this far so they too can realize how ridiculous this system is and maybe with enough rabble PD will increase the XP awards. At a minimum they should dish out XP for online races.

100 times??????? You've got to be kidding me. On prologue I probably tried 5-10 times at most to beat the toughest S class races. I didn't try more than a few times on S10 before I just quit. I don't have patience for WOW style grinding. This reminds me of japanese style RPG's where you have tests in the game and other bs like that. I was already frustrated with the fact that fairly early on you don't get enough money to just buy the cars you need for upcoming races.

I guess we will have to pay people in a certain country to grind our profiles up to the level we want.
 
When you get to level 23 do the american car race (forget actual name), I use the race modded ZR-1. 98,000 credits in about 3 and a half minutes.
 
How much did the ZR-1 cost you though?
 
Supercars challengue in Daytona 3 laps 17300 cr. in 2 min.
(im in level 14)
 
Deutsche Tourenwagen -> 1lap Nordschleife -> 83k
 
When you get to level 23 do the american car race (forget actual name), I use the race modded ZR-1. 98,000 credits in about 3 and a half minutes.

This.
 
I use Super car challenge High Speed Ring 3 laps, I use my altezza touring car and this baby smokes the **** out of all mclarrens + Ferraris + ruf + veyron out there

I get 17300 per 3mins and something..

as others stated the daytona race, i cannot control my lambo chromeline to save my life so the HSR will do
 
I use Super car challenge High Speed Ring 3 laps, I use my altezza touring car and this baby smokes the **** out of all mclarrens + Ferraris + ruf + veyron out there

I get 17300 per 3mins and something..

as others stated the daytona race, i cannot control my lambo chromeline to save my life so the HSR will do

Sorry but there's no AI driving with veyron and I do that race with my Veyron in 2'05" :cheers:
 
About $750,000... :D :sly:

ZR-1 = ~290,000
Race mod = ~390,000
Tuning after race mod = ~ 70,000

Does the race mod for the ZR-1 greatly improve the car? I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure it was worth the $$$.
 
The whole money xp thing in GT5 is rediculous, whats the point in putting over 1000 cars in the game if you cant get hold of any of them!?

Personally i dont like XP atall anyway. One of my favourite things about the older games was that if you wanted to grind away at any particular race you could, or if you wanted to do differant things you could, or you just do rallying, or just bspec, or whatever. Now you cant you have to grind! I paid for the damn game i want to play it how i want to play it, not how anyone else tells me i have to! ....rant over (for now)

what really concerns me is when we all get way further into the game. Once you've compleated everything you used to be able to just buy whatever car tune it how you like and have fun. Not going to be able to do that anymore coz you'll never have enough money to do so.
 
So if the reports about the full damage model not unlocking until level 40 are true, I guess it's quite likely that around 95% of the people who buy GT5 is never going to see that part of the game?

Personally I really don't care all that much about the a-spec events and special events - I strongly suspect that once I reach a level high enough to use all the cars (that's in the mid 20s or so, isn't it?), and have completed all or most of the high level events at least once, I'll just fall back to what I really care about in racing games, driving/racing, and that's done just as well in practice or arcade modes as in the official events.

Grinding will then just be for money, and I'll probably let my b-spec drivers do most of that.

But putting such a fundamental feature as the damage system so far out of reach for the average player really boggles my mind. I love GT5, but I certainly feel they've made some odd design choices here and there, and this one certainly takes the cake (if the level 40 claims are indeed true?).
 
In B-Spec do I have to watch all the races, or I can fast fowrard them or simulate?
 
Does the race mod for the ZR-1 greatly improve the car? I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure it was worth the $$$.

Well, after I race modded it I went back into the tuning shop and there was still a few things I could add, so I did. It has about 850 horsepower and accelerates amazingly fast. It is quiet good through the corners too. I was able to hold off a 787b with it! :dopey: I actually never go bellow third gear though because it accelerates so fast!
 
In B-Spec do I have to watch all the races, or I can fast fowrard them or simulate?

i do not think you can fast forward B SPEC!!

boooooooo PD :crazy:
 
Guys what's a good car to use in the extreme series? I have just over 3 mil in the bank but I don't have a car that can hold off the race cars. I was thinking about modding the ZR1, but is it worth it? or should I buy one of the Nissan race cars?
 
Guys what's a good car to use in the extreme series? I have just over 3 mil in the bank but I don't have a car that can hold off the race cars. I was thinking about modding the ZR1, but is it worth it? or should I buy one of the Nissan race cars?

Look a few posts above to mine for info on the ZR-1, howver you have to be extremely good to hold off the race cars (depends on the track actually).

I advice saving up for the R10 or something since that's what I am doing.
 
Back