Father Ted

Father Ted

  • Yes, it is hilarious!

    Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No, it sucks!

    Votes: 2 22.2%

  • Total voters
    9

Delphic Reason

Delphicreasonium
Staff Emeritus
Messages
9,589
Messages
GTP_DelphicR
Messages
Esoterik1
I'm wondering if anyone has seen this BBC sitcom? I have every episode on DVD and have been watching it for a few years. I think it is one of the funiest Britcoms ever made. I would put it along side "Red Dwarf", and "My Hero".
 
It's not BBC, it was aired on channel 4 in the UK and had nothing to do with the BBC.

But yeah it's funny though, it's a shame the guy who played Father Ted died a few years ago though.

You liked my hero, that uh is the suck.
 
My Hero had a cast member from Father Ted in it, right? That show was stupid.
 
Originally posted by Talentless
My Hero had a cast member from Father Ted in it, right? That show was stupid.

Yeah, the guy who plays Father Dougal (you know the stupid one) is the main guy in my hero. There was a new series of that recently and it sucked even worse.

Do you guys get the show 'My Family' in the US? Now that is a great comedy show.
 
Not that I know of.
 
Father Ted was excellent. I loved the sheep sketch "This one is small, that one is far away". :lol:

My Hero = Very Poor
My Family = Very Good.
 
My Hero doesn't actually suck, but it's not as good as Father Ted. So far my favorite one is where George accidentally give Mrs. Raven and his in-laws super powers. My favorite Father Ted episode is the one where the have the Craggy Island carnival - the rides they have are hilarious.

I've also been watching the British original version of Coupling, which is actually pretty funny. I love Jeff. The American pilot was not as good, especially since I knew half the jokes in advance.
 
It's amazing to me that US networks release watered down, stupid versions of good UK shows, pushing it as something new and innovative, and get away with it. It makes me feel like I live in a nation of dolts. Wait... I do. Nevermind.

The mean cognitive activity of the American TV viewer is negligible.
 
The facts are the the three best comedies of this genre are

1. Father Ted - ARSE FECK
2. Blackadder
3. Red Dwarf


1908876. My hero (the worst thing Ardal O'Hanlon has ever made)
 
Originally posted by TurboSmoke
(the worst thing Ardal O'Hanlon has ever made)

FP

He also used to be quite a funny stand up comedian. But I don't think he does that anymore.

My hero just seems a bit repetitive and dull.

Anyway forget all those boring English comedies, Will and Grace (sic) is where it's at.
 
Originally posted by TurboSmoke
The facts are the the three best comedies of this genre are

1. Father Ted - ARSE FECK
2. Blackadder
3. Red Dwarf
I love Blackadder!!!
I am going to have to check out My Family, as I have never heard of it. ;)
 
The Office is pretty funny. I've only seen it a couple times, and I can't say I laughed out loud, but I thought it was pure, twisted, satirical genius.
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
It's not BBC, it was aired on channel 4 in the UK and had nothing to do with the BBC.

But yeah it's funny though, it's a shame the guy who played Father Ted died a few years ago though.

You liked my hero, that uh is the suck.
Well, it was produced by the BBC. I have every episode on DVD and it says BBC right on the disc, and even talks about how the BBC picked up the show. It's too bad that Dermot Morgan died, I think in a car crash. Is there any other Britcoms that I might be interested in?
 
Huge fan of Father Ted. He died of a heart attack not longer after they finished the third series - in the last show you can pick he's not well. A shame - the guy was pretty young, only about 46 or so.
 
Yes, The Office is very funny....you cringe when you watch it becasue we have all met someone like that, its embarrasingly funny, and my Family has a couple of funny moments but the character of Nick carries the show...

I used to have a Father Ted Avatar....no one noticed it though:(

so i changed it.
 
Father Ted is hillarious, they are showing lots of them on UKGold at the moment.
I also love Red Dwarf, My Family , Black Adder and FaultyTowers
 
Whoa!
It's bird! (Bird haha, err sorry) haven't seen you around for a bit. :D
 
My family was pretty simimlar to my family so I can relate to it. Father tead was hillarious, and my fav one has to be when ted has to kick Bishop Brennon up the arse! The best bit has to be when Brishop Brennon walks in and ted says to Dougle, what ever happens don't call him Len. As soon as he walks in Dougle goes, 'aah hello len!' and Bishop Brenon replies 'Don't call me Len you silly little p***k' :D :lol: . You have to see it.
BTW has anyone seen a series called Black Books. Now for me that is pure genious!!! My fav Brit Comedy of all time that.
 
Originally posted by wee_man
'aah hello len!'

'Don't call me Len you silly little p***k' :D :lol: .


absolute classic....it doesnt come much funnier....

i love Father Ted...

Originally posted by wee_man

BTW has anyone seen a series called Black Books.

is that the mad irishman that owns the book store with his two assistants?

thats funny....
 
Yea, with Bill Baley (hillarious stand up as well). I've got the first series, and that's gotta be the funniest.:D
 
Back