Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Hood

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Outside

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
United States
United States
Just wondering what your guys' favorite camera settings and views were. Are they car specific or do you stick to one for every car?

Can't decide between the hood view and the cockpit view. I don't really like the default helmet view.

A poll would be useful for this question. You should add one.

I use the cockpit camera. I sometimes switch to the T-Cam for the Formula cars but otherwise it's always cockpit.

The helmet camera for me feels strange because there is no correlation between the camera movement and my own. Just feels odd but it sure looks cool.

Last edited:
Cockpit view, most of the time. Unless the car has horrible forward visibility, like the Trans Am Mustang, for example. In that case, I go with the bonnet cam.

Have yet to try helmet view without the 'look to apex' feature. I like the concept, but that feature is throwing me off big time.

Helmet Cam w/ "Look to Apex" turned up to 80 and I tinker with the seat settings depending on the car.
FOV set in the 60s.

Helmet Cam w/ "Look to Apex" turned up to 80 and I tinker with the seat settings depending on the car.
FOV set in the 60s.
80?! I thought the default 50 was bad! it must look like you're driving a tank and the turret turns as you approach the corner lol

I'm going to try it later though. I usually have a more subtle 35. I also move the seat depending on car and how much dash/wheel/body I want to see.

Helmet cam.
Visible helmet turned off, DOF off, FOV 80 (I know a much narrower FOV gives more accurate distances, but I like the extra sense of speed too much), FOV sensitivity min 90 max 110, look to apex 50.

80?! I thought the default 50 was bad! it must look like you're driving a tank and the turret turns as you approach the corner lol

I'm going to try it later though. I usually have a more subtle 35. I also move the seat depending on car and how much dash/wheel/body I want to see.
I think I turned the World Movement way down or OFF, if I recall correctly, and there may even be some other settings I've changed as well. I have all the "Sense of Speed" settings OFF. Prior to all those changes, all of the movement was making me nauseous. But 80 seems about right as I have it currently configured. I'll have to give it a look this evening.
I really would like to tinker with the Sense of Speed settings instead of just turning them all, but I have no idea what any of them do and just haven't invested the trial and error time in figuring it out.

Last edited:
I think I turned down or OFF the World Movement, if I recall correctly, and there may even be some other settings I've changed as well. I have all the "Sense of Speed" settings OFF. Prior to all those changes, all of the movement was making me nauseous. But 80 seems about right as I have it currently configured. I'll have to give it a look this evening.
I really would like to tinker with the Sense of Speed settings instead of just turning them all, but I have no idea what any of them do and just haven't invested the trial and error time in figuring it out.
IIRC the sense of speed kind of distorts the world around you as you go faster or under braking. you can set it so as you speed up the screen sort of focuses to a point ahead of you, to me it looks like engaging warp drive and you see more FOV to increase the sense of speed. but you can also flip it round (as someone on here said recently) and have the FOV widen as you approach a slow corner so that you have more peripheral vision, which I found interesting.

I haven't messed around with it too much, but I'll see what world movement does later.

How you guys changing seat position?
What buttons you mapped it to?
it's in options > configuration (main wheel settings). you can map commands. my seat forward & back is up/down on my dpad. makes a fair difference. affects cockpit cam and helmet cam only. this way I can set a nice FOV and move in slightly if there's too much dash, or out if I can't see my wheel display. it's handy.

When at a friends house I used chase cam with factory aids, auto transmission and clutch. standard everything else

IIRC the sense of speed kind of distorts the world around you as you go faster or under braking. you can set it so as you speed up the screen sort of focuses to a point ahead of you, to me it looks like engaging warp drive and you see more FOV to increase the sense of speed. but you can also flip it round (as someone on here said recently) and have the FOV widen as you approach a slow corner so that you have more peripheral vision, which I found interesting.

I haven't messed around with it too much, but I'll see what world movement does later.
Yeah, these are the settings I'd like to tinker with as well.

If there is one thing I am lacking, it is the true sense of speed in the game. Of course, the car I've driven most is the Clio which only gets up to around 100 mph on a long straight...ha. But even the Formula cars I've driven didn't seem fast. Tricky, very tricky, but not fast.

With my setup, my eyes are less than a meter from the screen as I have the tv on the desk, the wheel on the stand just below the tv and the pedals under it.

I generally prefer hood view but will alternate between a few of them at times.
I wish there was some option to get side view mirrors as part of the hud view that could show up in any mode.
I don't like the cockpit view unless it is moved forward quite a bit as there is to much obstruction to your view but then when you move forward you can no longer see the side view mirror so it is a loose loose.

This game I am trying for a sim setup so cockpit with wheel and driver off - Short answer

Long answer - I used a Field of View calculator and adjusted a little wider (+10 from what I read is still ok)

So using a 47" 1080p TV sitting with my eyes 43 inches away the suggested FOV is 51.. I have it set to 60. Then I mapped the dpad to the driver seat movement adjustment which helps fine tune it just right.

This really takes some getting used to - the sense of speed changes - but it is really nice that the track actually appears almost as wide as it really should - I use Sonoma as my base as I have raced there multiple times in real cars. - Also I seem to be reacting better with the more natural aspect ratio. I am driving more off of memory from really racing on the track vs my memory from playing Forza on Sonoma.

When I played GT6, Forza MS 4, or Grid AS, it was like I was playing in a world that everything was 50% in size..

I like bumper cam, but it needs to be raised so it's not on the ground. If it were windshield/windscreen high, it would be perfect!

I think I turned the World Movement way down or OFF, if I recall correctly, and there may even be some other settings I've changed as well. I have all the "Sense of Speed" settings OFF. Prior to all those changes, all of the movement was making me nauseous. But 80 seems about right as I have it currently configured. I'll have to give it a look this evening.

Haha, I played for the first time last night and was having full body sweats and thought I was going to throw up! Will try these settings tonight.

I have a triple monitor set up so personally cockpit view is the only view. Set FOV and seat position to make it feel like sitting in the car, with animated driver hands and wheel OFF.

I had to reduce the G-Forces effect down a bit as the camera kept going up and down etc but as I've got a static cockpit and steering wheel, which doesn't move up and down, it was weird having the camera going up and down, and made looking at the track going uphill difficult.

Unfortunately though Project Cars hasn't got proper triple screen support at the moment so there is no side screen angle compensation so it looks fish eyed to me and the cockpit feels way too narrow, but apparently they are working on that.

Here's how it should look though - this is me with Assetto Corsa, which does have proper triple screen support..

Unfortunately, seat position can't really be adjusted on the consoles, unless you eliminate something else. There are roughly 50 different buttons the game offers. The DS4 only has 14 buttons. While a T500, I was hoping we could map controls to a DS4, apparently we can't.

I like bumper cam, but it needs to be raised so it's not on the ground. If it were windshield/windscreen high, it would be perfect!
I wonder if the cockpit camera adjustments work on the bumper cam. Maybe try reassigning a couple of buttons to up and down to check it out. Would be great if that worked;)

I have a triple monitor set up so personally cockpit view is the only view. Set FOV and seat position to make it feel like sitting in the car, with animated driver hands and wheel OFF.

I had to reduce the G-Forces effect down a bit as the camera kept going up and down etc but as I've got a static cockpit and steering wheel, which doesn't move up and down, it was weird having the camera going up and down, and made looking at the track going uphill difficult.

Unfortunately though Project Cars hasn't got proper triple screen support at the moment so there is no side screen angle compensation so it looks fish eyed to me and the cockpit feels way too narrow, but apparently they are working on that.

Here's how it should look though - this is me with Assetto Corsa, which does have proper triple screen support..

What I want to know is..what is your driver doing with his hand from 0:28 to 0:36?:lol:

Unfortunately, seat position can't really be adjusted on the consoles, unless you eliminate something else. There are roughly 50 different buttons the game offers. The DS4 only has 14 buttons. While a T500, I was hoping we could map controls to a DS4, apparently we can't.

Actually it should not be a problem to adjust the seat. You can simply map a few buttons for it, get into a quick race or time trial, adjust your seat to the desired position then exit the event and map the buttons back to what ever you need them to be. The position should be saved and there would be no need to adjust it again once you get it where you want it.

@Johnnypenso
I wonder if the cockpit camera adjustments work on the bumper cam. Maybe try reassigning a couple of buttons to up and down to check it out. Would be great if that worked;)
I tried a few days ago. FOV is adjustable but seat adjustments do nothing outside of the cockpit

it's in options > configuration (main wheel settings). you can map commands. my seat forward & back is up/down on my dpad. makes a fair difference. affects cockpit cam and helmet cam only. this way I can set a nice FOV and move in slightly if there's too much dash, or out if I can't see my wheel display. it's handy.

Cheers mate, but i meant that there isn't enough buttons, i have lights & wipers assigned to them.

For those who dont like the simulated motion (view changes going up and down hills) set world movement to 100 and the forward and backwards set gforce to 0 ...

World movement means your view moves with the car (100 makes you static to the car) 0 means the car moves and you are static to th world.

I lke a little of each so i have World movement at 85 and gforce at 15 .. try it out if you use the cockpit view

What I want to know is..what is your driver doing with his hand from 0:28 to 0:36?:lol:

Yes ctrl plus k and move up with w down s forward a back d. For realistic bumper cam view. Im trying to find a save for it too?...It reverts back to default ¨Rat cam view. every time you finish or change cars. Hope that helps.

Latest Posts

Back