Votes: 33 28.4%
  • bumper

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Hood

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Outside

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
Unfortunately, seat position can't really be adjusted on the consoles, unless you eliminate something else. There are roughly 50 different buttons the game offers. The DS4 only has 14 buttons. While a T500, I was hoping we could map controls to a DS4, apparently we can't.

Actually it should not be a problem to adjust the seat. You can simply map a few buttons for it, get into a quick race or time trial, adjust your seat to the desired position then exit the event and map the buttons back to what ever you need them to be. The position should be saved and there would be no need to adjust it again once you get it where you want it.

I´ve mapped the seat position to the d-pad and right stick on the DS4.
Get on the track with your controler turnd off.
Disconnect your wheel, a message will appear saying your controler is disconnected (duh).
Turn your DS4 on and press X (now you´re using your controler)
Adjust seat position
Turn your controler OFF
Reconnect your wheel, let it calibrate , chose your rotation angle, press X.
Drive....... ups, not happy yet, repeat....

For me, it's...

Cockpit view with wheel removed, fov @70 when using my wheel

Chase view with fov @75, when kicked back in my chair with the pad

Somebody on this site said they used their shifter for more buttons (TH8A ) If see it again i'll post a link . It didn't really say much and i have'nt tried it yet

it's in options > configuration (main wheel settings). you can map commands. my seat forward & back is up/down on my dpad. makes a fair difference. affects cockpit cam and helmet cam only. this way I can set a nice FOV and move in slightly if there's too much dash, or out if I can't see my wheel display. it's handy.
Can you share your settings?

Unfortunately, seat position can't really be adjusted on the consoles, unless you eliminate something else. There are roughly 50 different buttons the game offers. The DS4 only has 14 buttons. While a T500, I was hoping we could map controls to a DS4, apparently we can't.

That's my problem too and this is why i haven't use any of these features.

You can set your seat and then change the buttons back. When I´m not wrong the seatposition is saved.

Its underneath where you set the G-force effect and head movement if i recall correctly.

If only we could turn off blur/DoF for replays, it looks awful at times, like toy cars on a miniature track
I have the blur turned off.
First time I took the RUF to the ring.
So not a very good lap, but it was fun :D

And first time I messed around wirh SHAREfactory.

Its underneath where you set the G-force effect and head movement if i recall correctly.

If only we could turn off blur/DoF for replays, it looks awful at times, like toy cars on a miniature track
@giorgos21
It's under Options>Camera> movement
You can set helmet Depth of view to NO

Cockpit with 68 FOV. Looks sort of about the same as how I've set Assento Corsa at 48 and GT6 on Narrow.

I use the helmet view mainly with these settings: with cockpit wheel/driver off (gameplay>guides&display settings)

High Speed shake on
World movement 75
g-force 85
Helmet on
Depth of field yes
look to apex 70
leaning 60
cam leaning 65

also set minimum speed sensitivity to 95 max 140

this seems to work well for my tv and also used to a helmet cam from shift2

...but I just thought I would try the normal cockpit view without the wheel or driver it did seem faster and clearer without the blur and helmet so now not sure but either of these and probably will use cockpit for the road cars for a clear view and helmet cam for the open cars and some track cars. Trial and error really from no blur at all to massive blur. Maybe people haven't tried or found all the settings reading some of the comments on other threads.

Never use the chase cams or bonnet cams always inside the cockpit with my t300rs or ds4.

PC is so good I play exclusively in either cockpit or helmet view. Usually in racing games I use the bumper view but PC for me is only raced properly when inside or through the drivers helmet view.

I'm hoping to get my wheel set up on Friday and the thought of that has me bouncing off the walls with giddy excitement:D

PC is so good I play exclusively in either cockpit or helmet view. Usually in racing games I use the bumper view but PC for me is only raced properly when inside or through the drivers helmet view.

I'm hoping to get my wheel set up on Friday and the thought of that has me bouncing off the walls with giddy excitement:D

Just got mine-it will transform the game for you-I love my t300rs and challenge seat setup I have now. Haven't used the ds4 since apart from photo mode I have just been lapping my fav cars and tracks just getting used to the settings..

Cockpit/helmet view is the way to go for this game 👍.:D

@giorgos21
It's under Options>Camera> movement
You can set helmet Depth of view to NO
No, i mean on replays from TV camera errr cameras.
That just turns it off in gameplay.

While we're at it the photo mode too, what a mess, takes 45mins to move a slider from one side t'other

I have the blur turned off.
In your vid, why are you changing FFB?
What i mean is what are you trying to achieve because im having trouble with no feedback when cornering?

Do you have a solution?
Im on DS4 btw.

I usually exclusively use helmet cam, no helmet, no blur, but I'm also starting to like rear passenger cam for the open wheelers. Formula B was pretty good like that for me. FOV may need tweaking a bit though.

Your in for a treat… make sure you dial in jack of spades ffb settings as right out the box ffb is not great

Not sure but if hood is the one with the rearview mirror then hood is the one I'm using.

Back