Favorite Early Gems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CompeAnansi
  • 44 comments
  • 4,541 views
Messages
25
United States
North Carolina
Messages
CompeAnansi
In GT5 we had awesome low PP cars like the Mazda Roadster RS (NC), Toyota MR2 G-Limited, and the Lotus Elise 111R. With the removal of the used car dealership in GT6, we now have immediate access to all the cars in the game! So, I thought it might be nice to have thread where we can post the gems we've found so far, especially for those of us just starting our careers.

For myself, I used the Toyota MR2 G-Limited as my first car and the Tommykaira ZZII as my second car. They're both amazing. Highly recommended.

EDIT: I have made some tables to help people out when they start the game. The tables list all of the budget cars with a power to weight ratio over 200 W/kg when stock without any upgrades.

The first table lists the cars that cost under 75,000 credits and the second table those that cost between 75,000 and 100,000 credits:

Hgc7inb.png
 
Last edited:
I'm not going to lie, the Fit has really grown on me. I'm not much of a fan of the MiTo that I just won, but this Fit puts a smile on my face.
 
Bought the cheapest roadster, its a blast. The KTMs are stupid fast. GT86 felt good. I love it like I hate the Lotus Europa...
 
I'm loving the Clio at the second , sweet handling car:D and also another vote for the X-Bow R:scared:
 
Firebird "Trans Am" is nice second car that I purchased.

Will plan on tuning this up gradually maybe to 600-650pp road track car. Also had several parts that can be changed added, side skirts, hard top (close the t-top) etc.

Have also driving the new Shelby GT mustang one of the Game Stop prize cars. Sounds decent, drives good, looks good, will be fun car for good races.

Really like the new menus/user interface - much better.
 
well I already bought the Boss 302, it's superb handling has had me fall in love with it, more than I already did irl.
 
My Mira TR-XX and my MX-5 J-Limited. I love my babies. :O
 
I bought the BRZ. love this thing..

if only they offered them with 350hp I would consider buying one in real life though... I would get super bored of that 200hp REAL quick :sly:
 
I'm going to have to spike the price a bit and power too, but the GT40 is insane! It's as fantastic as I remember it back in GT2! Fast, easy to drive, grips like crazy! And it does have relatively mid low HP and PP
 
The Clio decimates everything at the start of the game. I love it. Also the SLS AMG GT3 is sick.
 
the car i bought after i finished the tutorial was an '87 Sprinter Trueno. granted i tuned it up a little after a few races but it was not a bad car before i tuned it.
 
My favorites are the SRT Viper and the new Audi rally car, but the best overall value is the Tommt Karia ZZII for 60,000 credits.
 
Toyota GT86 and the Shifter Kart! :D
 
I had plenty of wheels to get me started before spending cash. All the Anniversary Edition cars, and the cars for winning the first license and championship, means I could save my credits for a while. Eventually I caved and bought my first car for GT6, and added some aero, wheels, and body kit

Call me old fashioned, I guess...

City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg
 
The Firebird! Awww I know it's not technically good but I've been dying for a Pontiac Firebird in Gran Turismo for years and after a few races in the Fit I jumped to the Pontiac dealer to get the Firebird. And surprisingly it's not too bad, without tuning or anything I won the classic series (although the Stratos gave me a run for my money!). I love it!! I don't see myself bothering with the much better Anniversary cars I got with the game, I'm just enjoying this wonderful old muscle car! :) :)
 
The Firebird is just cool. Rather terrible for fast driving, but it's fun regardless.
The Hyundai Genesis Coupe is the opposite - I despise driving it, but damn is it quick for it's PP level/price.

I'm currently saving up for a new Elise to tune.
 
Not really a beginner car but can be bought early in the career...the r34 vspec II nur. I love that car and it is so forgiving. I know many don't like it due to dups, but it really is amazing. Then once you have the $, 950hp! Very neutral handling with a good suspension setup too....
 
Cobra Daytona Coupe Anniversary Ed in Arcade Mode. Nice sound, fast, and plastered to the track.
 
01 RS4 has good value, 41k for 461PP. Red RS4 looks awesome with Black TE37SL's and the tune really kicks it up a notch.

Its on par with the Supra for PP to price. The Evo's are near the RS4 for ~10k cheaper. But As far as price to PP goes the ZZII takes the cake, just like in GT5.
 
The El Camino has stolen my heart.
 
My favorites are the SRT Viper and the new Audi rally car, but the best overall value is the Tommt Karia ZZII for 60,000 credits.

I got the Tommy Karia ZZII as my second car and it absolutely shreds 550PP matches. Definitely the best bang for your buck once you go beyond 500PP.
 
First car I bought was an Evo III. Thing is a beast. The X Bow and McLaren 12C are absolute weapons as well.
 
Since power to weight ratios are one of the best measures of performance in gran turismo, here's a quick table of the top 17 stock cars in GT6 that are under $500,000, ranked by their power to weight ratios. I couldn't get the formatting right when posting it here, so I linked it as an image:


S4jAQIs.png

One thing this table shows is just how good the Tommykaira ZZII '00 is. It is the only car on the list under $100K. But once you get a bit wealthier the other cars on the list are good options to keep in mind. The one thing that this table doesn't show is how well they handle, but we won't know that for quite a while longer since correct tuning can make a world of difference in how a car handles.
 
The Camaro SS is the best bang for your buck.

Any of the really light cars are stupid good though. LLC Rocket, XBow, Caterham, etc.

The Mustangs all handle like pigs. Camaro is superior. More torque too.
 
Back