Favorite Early Gems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CompeAnansi
  • 44 comments
  • 4,540 views
My favorite would have to be either the C7 or the X-Bow. The racing exhaust on the C7 is amazing and the X-Bow corner awesome and then rockets out of the corners.
 
RX-7 Efini 91 Premium. Just enough power to make sure you can win against faster cars in the FR races. Can be used in the 90s japanese and Turbo cups too. Great handling no mods required.
 
Having done the licence test at Ascari Race Resort in the Bugatti Veyron I found for the first time that I don't actually hate the car, I kind of like it.

In fact I kind of like it so much I might buy one tomorrow.
 
Really...? Not a McLaren?

They are "early gems" because they are not expensive and I can buy them from the start, but McLaren...oh well...the McLarens are something else! Beautiful expensive machines! :D:gtpflag:
 
I've wanted to see the new Renault Megane in the game since Evo magazine started raving about it. It did not disappoint. This car has now replaced the DC2 Integra Type-R as my first FF purchase in a GT game.

I'd also consider the X-bow since you win one fairly early on. I've loved driving it since I got used to it. It still gives me a lot of trouble in corners with elevation changes, but otherwise it's a joy to drive.
 
The Clio is my early favorite,mine's got all the upgrades except the engine and weight reduction and it kills everything else it's run against so far.
 
Just picked up the Evo X after never really using it much in 5. I'm now convinced that AYC is the best thing ever.
 
TVR Griffith. Highly recommended. Been my first decent rear-wheel drive car in all six games and feels better than ever this time around. Always used to take well to heavy tuning, so looking forward to spending some cr. on it. :D
 
If we're talking about early gems, I love using the BMW 507 '57 which even at something like 362PP is more than able for the other cars in the Novice league, even at 500PP. I'm sure tuned up it would give the higher level cars a good run for their money too.

I think it was GT4 I used an MX-5 early on, then went for the ZZII upto the GT500 level - definitely a good car.
 
Tried out my free Light Car Company Rocket today. Best car I've used so far by a longshot.
 
The Caterham remains probably my favorite car in the game. Super fun to drive, easy hit on overall game performance since its a standard but it still has a great cockpit view that makes it thrilling to drive...super fun at Mt Panorama...
 
Back