Favorite/Least Favorite Track

• Thread starter Oshow
  • 89 comments
Have to agree Rob. But Monaco is my absolute favourite of all time.

Monaco is my altime favorite, BUT, if you leave damage on, any car you lap can outbreak you in the next curve and destroy your rear end. I have yet to finish a race there, even after spending months to work my way up to Qualifying P1!

:ouch:

Monaco is my least favorite track (actually, I love it...but it's too tight to race there without getting damaged out of the race).

I'm not crazy about Silverstone.
Don't really like Albert Park.
Indy is not a great track.
Bahrain is kinda' back and forth.

I like Budapest...Imola (even though Senna perished there)...I don't mind Hockenheim but I really liked the Old Hockenheim with the long straights out into the Black Forrest...France's track is interesting.

My favourite track by far is Monaco, then it's a close call between Hungary and Magny-Cours, then my least favourite tracks are Catalunya, Indianapolis and Suzuka as I always screw up Sector 1 and then just as I think I'm pulling back the lap I lose so much time at the 'Spoon Curve' (then followed by a straight to the 130R).

Of course you all know, my favourite is Magny Cours because of how much fun it is and how fast I am there. Least favourite would have to be Sepang, Istanbul and Silverstone.

Favorite would be a close call between Monaco and Suzuka. Two very technical tracks, but, when you get that lap right, it's very satisfying 👍
Least favorite would be Shanghigh. I just can't seem to get a rhythm going there :indiff:

I also like Shanghai, awesome track, for me any way as I get rhythm. Also I find Monza rather annoying in a slow car e.g Super Aguri or MF1 as when coming to the 'Ascari Chicane' when I'm doing really well as I brake into the corner, a Ferrari, McLaren or Renault pushes me off into the gravel and then I also receive a penalty.:banghead:

Come on! Istanbul is a beautiful track! Turn 8 has got to be the most challenging sequence of corners in F1. Definitely not easy, but that's what makes it fun!

I also like Budapest & Imola a lot ...

I love Sepang on F1CE. Great flow to the track (and turn 2 seems to be modelled fantastically in terms of grip), and so many chances to overtake - although thats mainly due to the AI being so slow.

I just can't get the hang of Suzuka, although that's mostly due to a lack of playtime on it compared to other tracks.

Just raced on Shangai for the first time (Towards the end of my first career season with Super Aguri). What can I say, I loved it. For the first time i've went an entire race without making any mistakes (Only on 50% length though). So I was consistently lapping under 1'38.5.

The Ferraris and the Renaults did not stand a chance. Maybe I should start a new game on hard mode. My problem was consistency, and I think after around a week of play I have that consistency to compete in hard mode (Even if I would get royally screwed by the front runners in the S.Aguri).

Just raced on Shangai for the first time (Towards the end of my first career season with Super Aguri). What can I say, I loved it. For the first time i've went an entire race without making any mistakes (Only on 50% length though). So I was consistently lapping under 1'38.5.

The Ferraris and the Renaults did not stand a chance. Maybe I should start a new game on hard mode. My problem was consistency, and I think after around a week of play I have that consistency to compete in hard mode (Even if I would get royally screwed by the front runners in the S.Aguri).

Yeah if you're starting to trounce the cpu on medium fairly consistently then it's time to bump on up to hard. That's where the game truly shines as you'll have to learn, or not ;), how to race in traffic and how to defend against slightly faster cars behind you. Doing either/both of these things for several consecutive laps really helps one appreciate the professionals. Also you'll likely learn to be super careful anytime you see the name R. Schumacher within 1 position of you :scared: :lol:. Once again just like the professionals :lol::lol:

Just getting a driver's seat in Career on Hard is a real challenge. If I were you, I'd start a World Championship series on Hard. That will be a big step up in difficulty from Career on Medium, but you won't have to deal with the frustration of competing in the wet (bloody impossible :ouch:), if you don't want to, & you can choose a competitive car. By the time you complete a couple of WC series on Hard, you'll be ready to tackle a Hard career.

I agree, World Championship is easier than career on hard mode because of the rain. However, in my 3rd season I think it was with McLaren, I qualified in pole position, and was really annoyed when I went to the race, rain, forecast for the whole damn race, and of course, you cant save career mode at certain points so I was well annoyed. But, somehow, over a remarkable, 50% race distance, I crossed the line in second place, just behind Alonso and just ahead of Felipe Massa I think. I dont know whether I'm just good at this track, I had a decent setup, or whether luck is a key factor in whatever you do.

I agree, World Championship is easier than career on hard mode because of the rain. However, in my 3rd season I think it was with McLaren, I qualified in pole position, and was really annoyed when I went to the race, rain, forecast for the whole damn race, and of course, you cant save career mode at certain points so I was well annoyed. But, somehow, over a remarkable, 50% race distance, I crossed the line in second place, just behind Alonso and just ahead of Felipe Massa I think. I dont know whether I'm just good at this track, I had a decent setup, or whether luck is a key factor in whatever you do.
:bowdown:

I've hardly spent any time racing in the rain. I imagine if you were to dedicate many hours to practicing, it would become possible to put in respectable results on a regular basis.

@Seismica: Just so you know, I just did the first two practice sessions at Shanghai in my current WC season. It strikes me that Shanghai is one of the easier F1CE tracks to be competitive on. The fastest AI cars on Hard are running mid 1.34s. A 1.38.5 would put you in 20th place on the grid. The fastest times by GTPlanet F1CE racers are in the low 1.31s, which would leave the AI in their dust. I'm at a more "reasonable" 1.34.2 in a Ferrari, & could probably fairly easily take at least a second off that with more practice (not to mention a decent tune), which means I should have a close race with the AI. 👍

:bowdown:

I've hardly spent any time racing in the rain. I imagine if you were to dedicate many hours to practicing, it would become possible to put in respectable results on a regular basis.

@Seismica: Just so you know, I just did the first two practice sessions at Shanghai in my current WC season. It strikes me that Shanghai is one of the easier F1CE tracks to be competitive on. The fastest AI cars on Hard are running mid 1.34s. A 1.38.5 would put you in 20th place on the grid. The fastest times by GTPlanet F1CE racers are in the low 1.31s, which would leave the AI in their dust. I'm at a more "reasonable" 1.34.2 in a Ferrari, & could probably fairly easily take at least a second off that with more practice (not to mention a decent tune), which means I should have a close race with the AI. 👍

What sort of fuel loads would those times be for? I was hitting low 1'36s on low fuel loads. In a Super Aguri with very few setup changes, I'd say thats pretty good :)

Not that I don't admit I would get creamed online. Its the same in GT5P, despite my best efforts, I will always be 2-3 seconds off the pace of the top guys.

What sort of fuel loads would those times be for? I was hitting low 1'36s on low fuel loads. In a Super Aguri with very few setup changes, I'd say thats pretty good

Not that I don't admit I would get creamed online. Its the same in GT5P, despite my best efforts, I will always be 2-3 seconds off the pace of the top guys.

I assume that all those low times would be done with low fuel loads - mostly during practice sections, but could also be done with the benefit of drafting during a race. My own fastest time was done in a practice session, so with only 1 - 4 laps of fuel.

I have done very little racing at Shanghai, so I'm pretty sure I could take a good bit of time off yet. However, the fastest guys are insanely fast, perhaps partly benefiting from some careful tuning, which I can't be bother to figure out, & also benefiting from A LOT of experience. I agree Shanghai is a nice track - there are a number of very challenging corner sequences.

Your times sound pretty good for an Auguri. However, I was just giving you an indication of what kind of AI times to expect on a Hard setting - not easy at all to be competitive in a Super Auguri! In addition, just getting a drivers seat involves either perfecting your initial driver test, or going through a lot of test driving before being awarded a driver's seat. I would still recommend WC on Hard as a more reasonable step up from Career on Medium, as it will put you in thick of the racing right away ...

Just finished the Shanghai GP with an easy victory. Qualified on pole with a best time of 1'32.810, which was almost 2 secs faster than the fastest AI time. This confirms in my mind that Shanghai is one of the easiest GPs in F1CE to beat the AI (I would say that Bahrain is the easiest).

Suzuka is another matter, however. :scared: Going into the last two races I'm one point behind Massa & two points ahead of Alonso - should be an exciting end to the season... :)

Just finished the Shanghai GP with an easy victory. Qualified on pole with a best time of 1'32.810, which was almost 2 secs faster than the fastest AI time. This confirms in my mind that Shanghai is one of the easiest GPs in F1CE to beat the AI (I would say that Bahrain is the easiest).

Suzuka is another matter, however. :scared: Going into the last two races I'm one point behind Massa & two points ahead of Alonso - should be an exciting end to the season... :)

Yes I remember the first time I went through a championship on hard mode as Kimi Raikkonen, I went from scoring an easy victory at Shanghai to struggling to make it out of Q1 at Suzuka the following round. The AI is at its slowest relatively at Bahrain, Shanghai and maybe Monaco. It's definitely at its most challenging at Catalunya, Suzuka and Hockenheim also I think.

When I first got F1CE, I went straight to Suzuka, because it was a track I was already familiar with. I then ran race after race, in Quick Race mode Medium, getting repeatedly humiliated by the AI. I ended up thinking F1CE was impossibly hard. Only later did I come to understand that running in another mode allowed for a more competitively performing car & that Suzuka was possibly the most difficult track to compete on.

There are some tracks - like Catalunya - where it's difficult to be fast without taking risks, risks that inevitably lead to a spin out at some point. The AI never seems to make a mistake like this - it would be nice if there was a bit more inconsistency programmed into the AI (although the AI is still light-years ahead of most other PS3 racing games).

I keep thinking, as I continue to enjoy F1CE (even offline!) after 3 years of playing it, what a shame it is that Studio Liverpool didn't have opportunity to improve F1CE in a sequel ... :(

My fave is Interlagos. That screaming, sweeping almost-straight left hander as you are coming up to the pit straight beats everything else. But my favourite race-track of all time is Spa. Why the hell they take it out of the F1 season? Hope at least the new F1 2010 game has it as unlockable extra! My least favourite is Magny-Cours. Always has been, in every F1 game iv played. Dont know why, it just seems so difficult to set up the car for. It's a car-breaker.

Last edited:
What a shame it is that Studio Liverpool didn't have opportunity to improve F1CE in a sequel ... :(

I agree. These guys are synonymous with F1 games on PS systems, and are the most experienced. They should have been allowed to continue.

Suzuka holds a certain charm due to my love for GT5P. Monza is special due to my love of Ferrari Challenge. Melbourne, Magny Cours and Montreal are wicked fun. Monaco is a challenge and quite frustrating at times.

I hate Melbourne because if you go normally trough the corner over the kerbs you get a penalty... and i dislike Monaco because the walls are too close and i'm not that good in the game (just got it)

The only one I really don't like is turkey, simply because they have messed up almost all of the elevation changes for the track.

Back