Favorite/Least Favorite Track

• Thread starter Oshow
  • 89 comments
I cannot WAIT to play the 2009 game at Spa.

Has Spa been confirmed for 2009? what was the reason it fell out in 2006? i have high hopes for that track for the new game...

they really could've added spa as an add-on... i would've been willing to pay $10 dollars for it :dunce:

Based on the Demo I played, I really love Monza. Partly because I know it well from another game and partly because it has a very good flow to it. Its feels like I'm edge more then I was on Total Immersion racing and that was pretty edgy. IN one of the races I did, I was able to get through the lismo corners in 4th gear on Medium with assists off.Mostly due to inexperience, I don't like Indy. There's no flow there. "sigh" Wish I had a PS3 right now to drive the other ones I reconize like Valencia, Silverstone, Hockenheim, Suzuka, and Monaco. Anyone here that lives near me and has a PS3?

For me Monza is one of the worst tracks in the F1CE. Real F1 races are fun to watch (because of all the history made in this track).

I think it is boring because you drive most of the time in 7th gear. Passed the Variante della Roggia and Variante Ascari chicanes the rest of the track is just boring.

My favorite track by far is Imola. It is a gear box killer, with fast corners, hitting the apex correctly is critical.

Second favorite is Suzuka. If CM add weight transfer physics to their f1 game, Suzuka could easily become my favorite track. It was on GT4.

If CM add weight transfer physics to their f1 game, Suzuka could easily become my favorite track.

See Ferrari Challenge for good weight-transfer FFB - I would love to have a similar feel to the F1CE physics...

See Ferrari Challenge for good weight-transfer FFB - I would love to have a similar feel to the F1CE physics...

Hey Biggles, I resist to purchase Ferrari Challenge (at least for the next month or two) because I want to master F1 CE before I jump onto anything else (I can't dedicate too much time to it, my wife will kill me if I do so). I heard FC is more of an arcade game than a simulator and I'm more into whatever is closer to the latter. I can't judge FC cause I haven't tried it yet and the reviews I have read are not fulfilling.

Thoughts

Last edited:
My favourite track has to be Bahrain. Then almost tied with that is Magny-Cours. I used to hate it when i was younger as i've been playing F1 games since I was about 5 years old, but now I have realised I am pretty damn good at it.

My overall least favourite track and always has been, has to be Catalunya! I've never been able to get to grips with that final sector and I have realised that I lose about 2 seconds or more during it! I can't wait until a new game is released with the change in that part of the track.

I drive my best at Magny-Cours, but it's so boring! So I'd say my favourite circuit is Indianapolis. My least favourite by a mile is Istanbul Park.

My best circuits: Nurburgring, Indianapolis, Monaco, Melbourne.
My favourite to drive: Nurburgring, Istanbul, Suzuka, Monza, Melbourne, Silverstone, Hockenheim, Sao Paulo.
My hated: San Marino, Catalunya, Montreal (on a bad day), Monaco (on a bad day).

Weird how different peoples' choices are!

Favourites: Nurburgring, Budapest, Hockenheim - "bendy" tracks.

Least favourites: Melbourne, Indianapolis & Monaco.

Oh yeah and I forgot to add in that Interlagos too! I went on it online for the first time in ages about two weeks ago, and I absolutely loathed it! But as it was coming up to the end of the season in my first year in career mode, I realised that I would have to pull something special there if I was going to end my season well. So I did as much practice as I could and then as I got the flow to the circuit and realised where I was losing time, I was getting good times. Not great as I was in a Super Aguri, but good enough that it could have warranted a points paying finish. Well, it would have if I hadn't have overturned in the first corner :(.

Ahh well, it is still one of my favourite tracks now! :D

What is the most enjoyable IMO, are tracks with long sweeping corners like Nurburgring, Budapest, Hockenheim, Bahrain, & Sepang. I don't like tracks with long straights interrupted by "fussy" chicanes, like Melbourne, Montreal & Monza. However, I do enjoy Monza because, with all the trees, it's one of the nicest looking tracks in F1CE.

YES YES it should,& be buldozed right away.:sly:

Noo lol, it shouldn't be completely removed. Besides IF they finally decide to bring an updated version out then the track will be different because the final corners have been replaced by a chicane if you remember rightly. Which in my opinion will make the track 100x better because it's those last couple of corners that I can never do! lol

Noo lol, it shouldn't be completely removed. Besides IF they finally decide to bring an updated version out then the track will be different because the final corners have been replaced by a chicane if you remember rightly. Which in my opinion will make the track 100x better because it's those last couple of corners that I can never do! lol

I think those last couple of off-camber corners are kinda exciting. :dopey:

I have only had the game a few months and not run all the tracks enough to fairly state which I like or dislike.

I really like Imola. Partly because I have just spent a lot of time with it for the Weekly Hot Lap Series and got a pretty good time.

So far...

Like a lot: Imola, Monza, Montreal and Magny Cours
Don't like much: Indianapolis, Catalunya

This may change as I play the game more though...

hah thought i'd just rank them all.

1. Budapest
2. Melbourne
3. Montreal
4. Magny-Cours
5. Imola
6. Nurburgring
7. Bahrain
8. Monte Carlo
9. Malaysia
10. Hockenheim
11. Monza
12. Istanbul
13. Shanghai
14. Suzuka
15. Sao Paulo
16. Catalunya
17. Silverstone
18. Indianapollis (Good riddance)

Favorite: Nurburgring, Malaysia, Shanghai, Budapest, Interlagos, Bahrain, Monaco, Monza, Jerez
Least: Imola, Hockenheim, Suzuka
If I get a good lap, I like it. Otherwise..: Istanbul, Magny-Cours, Montreal, Silverstone, Catalunya, Melbourne

After two good months worth of playing the full game, Favorites are:

Monza - High speed heaven
Silverstone - No matter what car I race here, I never get tired of this track
Malaysia - One of the few Tilke circuits(that I'm aware of) that I actually like. Feels like a momentum track.
Nurburgring - I just love the layout, has a interesting flow to it.
Hockenheim - not as bad as I thought (although I still miss the old configuration)
Montreal - Good flow to it
Indianpolis - Not sure why but I've grown to love it now that I've actually gotten more laps around it.
Shanghai - Another track I like with an interesting flow
Interlagos - Love it, great flow ot it
Hungary - Fast-flowing track, Nowhere else feels like your on edge every lap more then this track
Istanbul - Really love this track ever since I raced it on Grid and after doing some laps in the Mclaren, its not that much different (in my opinion)

Least favorites include:

Bahrain - Just can't get a lap around here
Austrailia - in the dry its ok, in the wet its really bad.
Magny-Cours - There are very few tracks that give me a hard time rain or shine like this does, just do frustraiting just to pull one decent lap around this place much less three consecutive good ones.
Monaco - Despise it, too many tight corners.

Almost completely disagree with you on many of them. I hate Silverstone, the last corner really annoys me, you feel like you are going on forever before you can put the power down without under steering off. I love Australia, strangley I know, but I still do. And Monaco is just pure bliss, keep at it, when you can do good laps its a brilliant feeling knowing you can keep blasting past barriers with millimetres to spare every time without any problems.

I would agree with you though on Magny-Cours, its another track like Silverstone with corners that just keep going and tighten forcing your car to under steer, although the AI are quite poor there.

And I think Istanbul is another Tilke circuit and maybe the new Hockenheim, but I'm not so sure on that one.

Favourite:
Nurburgring
Interlagos -love the 2nd half of the track
Hungaroring - Nice flow to it.
Istanbul - Just a fantastic track, massive stopping zones, quick sequences.
Bahrain - Similar to Istanbul.

Hate:
Silverstone - Never flowed here, in CE or 06.
Catalunya - No flow, no interesting corners. Just boring.
Australia - Probably the worst of the lot.

Back