• Other (State in post)

Votes: 14 13.3%

• Total voters

Schwartz

Premium
United States
Bellingham, WA
Schwartz38
What is your favorite sport and why? Personally, my favorites are hockey and baseball. I chose hockey because it is different than any other game on the planet (I am a hockey player). I really cannot express my love for it in any other way. And baseball is amazing because it is a thinking man's game, more than other sports. You really have to pay attention to what is going on, or else you will never be a good player/spectator.

I decided to exclude motorsport because then we would just be overwhelmed with motorsport enthusiasts because 99% of members on GTPlanet love motorsport. But yes, I still do believe motorsport is a sport.

I was surprised this thread hadn't been made already. I searched for it and found nothing. If a thread like this does already exist, please leave a link to it.

Last edited:
UFC.

I appreciate the amount of work these men do to get in shape. Can't take the chance of being at 99% of what your capabilities are coz the other guy could be that 1% better, which makes the difference between winning or losing. It is the toughest, most difficult sport in the world - these men put their lives on the line each time they step in an octagon. Nothing but respect.

My favorite is baseball mainly because I play it and NFL. I just love watching American football.

Schwartz38
I never would have guessed you like American football... :lol:

Ya not many people know that about me. :lol: When the playoffs end I'll switch to an Angels avatar. I only live 20 minutes from the stadium.

Ice hockey. Love the intensity, love the passion, and love seeing Lucic put someone on their a** for even trying to start a fight. Go Bruins.

The beautiful game.

There is absolutely nothing more exhilerating or heart pumping than going to the football and seeing my beloved Wrexham FC score goals. I watched them twice over Christmas, 2-0 and 4-0 wins, and the euphoria was as incredible as it was when I started watching them in 1997.

13,000 fans, terracing behind the goal, penalty that kept us in the league? Amazing.

This still image is fractions of a second away before 13,000 screaming fans erupt in joy and ecstacy and I was most certainly one of them!
Ryan_Valentine_scores.jpg

I get a fairly big kick out of playing it too!

Last edited:
Playing it would be football and golf. Watching on television, it would be football and cricket.

I love ice hockey, so that's what I voted. GO MAPLE LEAFS GO! 👍 But I'm chronically lazy when it comes to playing sports, as I prefer watching over participating. But I DO enjoy playing bowling (does this count even???)

But I like spectating hockey, and baseball and CFL (Canadian Football League) games the most. Hockey is fun to watch on the TV (which is good, because Maple Leaf tickets cost major $$$), but baseball and football is more fun live. Just something about the electric atmosphere you know?

I love ice hockey, so that's what I voted. GO MAPLE LEAFS GO! 👍 But I'm chronically lazy when it comes to playing sports, as I prefer watching over participating. But I DO enjoy playing bowling (does this count even???)

Do you mean you like bowling...
bowling.jpg

...or playing bowls?
Lawn%2Bbowling%2B1.jpg

Last edited:
The beautiful game.

There is absolutely nothing more exhilerating or heart pumping than going to the football and seeing my beloved Wrexham FC score goals. I watched them twice over Christmas, 2-0 and 4-0 wins, and the euphoria was as incredible as it was when I started watching them in 1997.

13,000 fans, terracing behind the goal, penalty that kept us in the league? Amazing.

This still image is fractions of a second away before 13,000 screaming fans erupt in joy and ecstacy and I was most certainly one of them!

I get a fairly big kick out of playing it too
!

I see what you did there 👍

I voted for baseball. Ever since I was a little kid, I just love the game.

Haha, I didn't even realise I'd written that.

I play in goal anyway, so I do far less kicking...

My favorite sports to watch, in this order, are baseball, american football, basketball, extreme sports (everything from skateboarding to snowboarding), and the soccer.

The sports I play the most right now are squash and racquetball. In high school I competed in water polo and on the swim team (but I hated swim). Before that I played baseball and soccer.

Squash is probably my favorite thing to play nowadays.

Hockey is a run away number 1 and after that it'd be snowboarding, baseball and football (American and Canadian).

I'm really trying to understand soccer more and be more of a fan of our new MLS team here in Vancouver too so hopefully that will come.

I've only ever played hockey and baseball competitively. Now I'm looking at joining a men's league baseball team for the spring as I can't play hockey anymore. I also play golf and snowboard quite a bit depending on the season.

Huge sports fan, sports (watching and playing) have taken up a large majority of my life.

CMvan46
Hockey is a run away number 1 and after that it'd be snowboarding, baseball and football (American and Canadian).

I'm really trying to understand soccer more and be more of a fan of our new MLS team here in Vancouver too so hopefully that will come.

I've only ever played hockey and baseball competitively. Now I'm looking at joining a men's league baseball team for the spring as I can't play hockey anymore. I also play golf and snowboard quite a bit depending on the season.

Huge sports fan, sports (watching and playing) have taken up a large majority of my life.

You are a carbon copy of me (except for the golf part and I live in Washington State). Seriously, every single tiny detail. If you want to be a soccer fan, actually go to a game instead of watching it on TV. It is one of the best live spectator sports I've ever been to.

Bodybuilding or weight lifting. I consider it a sport . I've been only lifting weights for one year but there's something about body sculpting that I just love. I also enjoy both watching and playing football (soccer).

Check out my avatar for the answer, after the Super Bowl, I will change it to my other favorite sport

1) American Football - Unfortunately my home team sucks, so I cheer for the Texans as well to help with that.
2) Football - I'm starting to watch it more, don't really have a favourite club yet.
3) Baseball - Don't get to watch it much due to work, but I enjoy following the Twins.

Still prefer what's in my avatar to any of them though.:sly:

Golf... very addictive, i hate it when people say its boring yet they have never played it.
One of the hardest sports in the world imo.

ENTERSANDMAN13
Golf... very addictive, i hate it when people say its boring yet they have never played it.
One of the hardest sports in the world imo.

God yes. Such a simple concept but so hard in reality. Have you heard Robin Williams' stand up on golf? Must listen/watch for anybody who plays.

Rugby League, I grew up playing it and absolutely love it. It's fast and technical and brutal at the same time, there's nothing better than watching two 100+kg front rowers run full steam ahead at each other and feeling the collision up in the stands.

I voted for other as to not give votes to the other form of rugby lol

State of origin fights
NRL big hits

Last edited:
Back