Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Badminton

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Polo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (State in post)

Votes: 14 13.3%

• Total voters
Football (soccer), because it's called the beautiful game for a reason.

I fail to see how it's more beautiful than any other game. It annoys me when I hear football referred to as this. Also when people call it "the passionate game" :banghead:.

Anyway,I love Ice Hockey, but it'll always be a distant #2 to Racing.

F1 fan
I fail to see how it's more beautiful than any other game. It annoys me when I hear football referred to as this. Also when people call it "the passionate game" :banghead:..

It's called the beautiful game because theres more make up on the field running around than there is in the stands. There is some beautiful dives too, surprised there's no soccer players up for Oscar awards lol

I fail to see how it's more beautiful than any other game. It annoys me when I hear football referred to as this.

Because a commentator years ago, Stuart Hall, used the phrase 'beautiful game' to describe the skills of former Man City winger Peter Doherty. He used it more broadly later in his commentating career and the phrase caught on and stuck.

This is what Wiki will tell you

Because a commentator years ago, Stuart Hall, used the phrase 'beautiful game' to describe the skills of former Man City winger Peter Doherty. He used it more broadly later in his commentating career and the phrase caught on and stuck.

This is what Wiki will tell you

Still have to disagree. It's no more "Beautiful" than any other game. To quote the great Bill Bailey, "A bunch of over paid morons whose job it is to shepherd a piece of leather into a net"
Most sports are like that. I don't see how Football is any different, let alone "beautiful".

The mindless violence it causes by the minority who take it far too seriously certainly isn't beautiful.

I agree. But that's how it was once described and it caught on.

Besides, I like Wrexham and they play in the Conference (5th Division). The further down the professional leagues you go, the more passion and fan loyalty you find. The players are not so much a bunch of overpaid divers but instead the contest is 22 men kicking the ****ake mushrooms out of each other. And it's an absolute joy for me to watch.

Edit: So I tried to censor it but it still crops up like that, eh? Point still stands.

Dodgeball :D so I voted other. I play it at least 4 hours a week at the local club here in Leicester. Also the tournaments at the weekends that last all day and the great community that really makes it for me as a great sport :) (see my thread about it for more info :sly: )

Rugby League, I grew up playing it and absolutely love it. It's fast and technical and brutal at the same time, there's nothing better than watching two 100+kg front rowers run full steam ahead at each other and feeling the collision up in the stands.

Gonna have to agree on this and the fact how the players set up some really cool plays.

I also like watching a little bit of NBA when time allows, and golf is fun to play and is also cool to watch when you see the players hit the ball so damn consistently.

Then after all that I still like to watch cricket every now and then.

Rugby League, I grew up playing it and absolutely love it. It's fast and technical and brutal at the same time, there's nothing better than watching two 100+kg front rowers run full steam ahead at each other and feeling the collision up in the stands.

Rugby League is my favorite aswell. So much better to watch than that boring game called Rugby. :lol: (no offence to any rugby fans out there that's just my opinion:tup:)

American Football is a close second.

Due to my Mexican nationality (on my parent's side) I love futbol (soccer) and since 2009 the city where I live, Seattle, has its own soccer team, Seattle Sounders FC, so my dream has come true. I do enjoy watching American Football too.

should I mention? Mexican soccer league, I'm always "at war" with my uncle. He likes Chivas de Guadalajara, and I prefer Pumas del U.N.A.M.

Hockey is my absolute favorite sport, I grew up with it, I've played and watched it my whole life, and I plan to play as long as I possibly can.

I also am very fond of the NFL and CFL, football is an awesome sport. it's my second favorite to watch behind hockey.

Golf is probably my second favorite sport to play (close call with baseball), i'm pretty mediocre at all sports other than hockey which i'm slightly better than mediocre at.

American Football because I used to play it(All American d-tackle senior year) and now I coach part time. I've also won a State Championship coaching last year.

GTMail
American Football because I used to play it(All American d-tackle senior year) and now I coach part time. I've also won a State Championship coaching last year.

Did you get a ring or do only players get rings?

GTMail
We all got rings. They should be arriving within the month.

Thats awesome. I always wanted a championship ring of some sort. I still have a few years of competitive hockey left in me, and I want to win a championship.

http://youtu.be/SIyJB_TgiEI

Australian Rules Football: what a sport. It's like rugby, but with no offsides, try lines or forward pass rules. Hectic, hard-hitting and absolutely sensational! The moment in this video is what kicked it all off for me. Tony Lockett: Sydney Swans hero, he takes a mark in the 1996 AFL preliminary final (read: semi-final) right at the end of the fourth quarter. The scores are tied at 69 each, and even a minor score (through the posts, no try lines here!) would put the Sydney Swans into their first Grand Final in over 50 years. As a seven year-old boy staying up to watch it on a Saturday night, my life would never be the same...

What a game.

Last edited:
American Football

Easily the premier sport in the world's most sport obsessed country, and that means something

Golf is higher than Tennis? WHERE IS THE WORLD HEADING?

Having said that I voted for soccer, but tennis is shortly followed for me.

Danisfast
What a game.

No comment lol

warwick-capper-back-in-the-footy-shorts-114189.jpg

UFC.

I appreciate the amount of work these men do to get in shape. Can't take the chance of being at 99% of what your capabilities are coz the other guy could be that 1% better, which makes the difference between winning or losing. It is the toughest, most difficult sport in the world - these men put their lives on the line each time they step in an octagon. Nothing but respect.

Just to clarify, UFC is a organization not a sport. MMA is what you're lookung for. 👍

Cricket is a great game.
Famous Australian commentator said today "Running between the wickets is taught in Sunday School".
In Australia even church is fun.:D

Out of all the sports on the list, I like cricket the most. I have great memories from all the cricket I have watched over the last 10 years, simply awesome. I like all forms of the game, tests, one days and t20s :) Can't get enough of cricket :P

For me, personally I choose badminton and basketball as my favorite sports. I bring my own badminton rackets and shuttlecock sometimes when we get out of town with some of my cousins so I can play with something that I like while I play basketball mostly with my friends and some relatives, too.

Track and Field baby WOOOOO!!!!

A close second would be the NFL and third Boxing 👍

Honorable mention would be F1, WTCC, WRC.

Jerome

Back