Favourite car and circuit combination?

• Thread starter DodgySyrup
  • 43 comments
England
England
So, I was wondering, what are some of your favourite car/circuit combinations?

Which car do you find compliments a particular circuit?

Is there a car you normally hate but find it comes alive on this one special track?

My personal favourites are the Gr.3 Beetle at Dragon Tail, the Mazda LM55 at Kyoto A (counter clockwise), and the Silk Cut liveried Jaguar XJ13 (I think that's the name).

I also really enjoy the go kart at Tsukuba, and the Red Bull Junior at Suzuka.

The Beetle at Dragon Tail was a revelation for me after I won it the daily giveaway.

It felt so nimble and drivable, and with a nice set up it has so much grip, which really inspires confidence going into those 2 big stops at Dragon Tail.

It is decent in terms of acceleration and top speed, though I don't know how it compares against other group 3 cars on sheer pace.

The Mazda LM55 is a personal favourite in this game, and through the fast opening section of Kyoto it is such a fun car to throw about.

It gives you so much grip and you can carry tons of speed into corners and it will stop on a sixpence and corner beautifully.

Same with the Jag, which feels even faster and gives so much grip through high speed direction changes.

The go kart and Red Bull feel similar, to me, with loads of oversteer, and are always fun.

Anyway, those are some of my favourite car/circuit combos; what are yours?

Almost any JDM street car on any of the 4 Tokyo circuits, on sport tires. It’s cliche as can be, but I could lap these tracks forever, constantly trying to improve my line, dial in the suspension, and perfect the transmission.

The FC and Evo IV are my favourites on the Central circuit, and then any Supra, Skyline, or RX7 on the East circuit. The Ford GT is also a beast on the East circuit.

The Toyota 2000GT is also really nice to drive on these circuits, as is the Detomaso Pantera.

Any GR3 but mainly the Porsche RSR with VR at Nordschleife. Red Bull Ring with the Huracan GT3 is also a lot of fun.

I really enjoy the Gr3 cars at Toyko East Outer Loop and Red Bull Ring. I also LOVE the Gr4 Cayman at The Green Hell. It's a blast to drive. I also really like the Gr4 and 3 as a whole at Interlagos as well

De Tomaso Pantera @ Big Willow

Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 @ Dragon Trail - Seaside

Mazda 787B @ La Sarthe

VW GTi VGT Gr3 @ Bathurst

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 @ Interlagos

Nissan MOTUL Autech GT-R @ Suzuka

Those are my personal favorites, just what I like to race the most, no given reason actually.

Had forgotten the full Nurburgring, though I do like the GP too.

Does anyone like the ovals?

I quite like the proper Indy style oval (forget the name)

Not so keen on the one everyone grinds for credits on, though the infield versions are ok.

And thanks for Pedinhuh for reminding about the Vision VW GT, a great little car that I enjoy on anything fast and twisty, like the full Kyoto layout.

Depends on my mood, but...
Current favorite is;
Ferrari 250GTO stock tune/tires/hp/lbs at Nordschleife.
Next up...
Porsche 991RSR Gr.3 BoP tune at Nordschleife (just did 6hr custom endurance on the weekend).

For online,,,
Porsche 991RSR Gr.3 at Suzuka.
Porsche 991RSR or Aston Martin Vantage Gr.3 at Nurburgring GP

EVO V with AYC maxed out absolutely tears around the corners at Citta Di Aria. No room to pass so I doubt it will make a return for GT Sport but man I love that track!

this might sound crazy, but you have to try the Suzuki Swift at Horse Thief Mile. It's like that car was made for the track.

Also, Toyota 2000GT at Maggiore Center is an honorable mention.

What about any future combinations?

I'd personally like a new f1 car, say a beastly sounding V10, and I would love to be able to take it around Watkins Glen or Long Beach, which are two favourites from other games.

The f1 car doesn't have to be licensed from a real team, it can be just like the previous GT games that included "fantasy" f1 games.

Was quite enjoying the 96 Evo stock at Brands Hatch in a 1 make race.

(Almost) Any track I can get my Gr.3 WRX out and pull off a few surprise wins (I see so few people using it, let alone winning in it). I know the WRX is in the top ten of Sport Mode "daily" B this week but I think this is the exception rather than the rule. At least I hope it is, I like the fact so few people use the WRX.

Track Experience Porsche at LeMans

First combination I could do a better than embarrassing time on. 3.23

In fairness I'm older than Stonehenge and GTS is my first ever driving game.

Audi R18 LMP1H and Ferrari 330 P4 at Le Sarthe
BMW Z4 GT3 at Nordschleife
Alfa 4C GT3 at Red Bull Ring and Lago Maggiore GP
Anything at Brands Hatch GP or Nürburgring GP - I love both of those tracks.

There are others but they spring to the top of my mind.

GR. B Lancer Evo on the short Brand's Hatch layout. The first and last corner become drift happy sideways fests.

Back