Favourite car and circuit combination?

• Thread starter DodgySyrup
  • 43 comments
I havent driven all the GT3s I have in my garage and I have a damn lot... like it must be close to 100 GT3s cars, all of them, of course many many dupes.

However I feel like I have heaps of expereince with 10 and maybe passing expereince with 20.

I know the ones I flat out dont like driving and would avoid if given the choice in an open garage event like the challenges or the GT3 leagues.

I dont like the BMW M6. I find the driving position of the VW Beetle GT3 to be kind of hard to accept. Strangely I find the 911 GT3 RSR to be just a weird car to drive... I wanted it to be like the 911 GT3 RS road car but its not.

The GT40 LM Spec Test car? Yes. The Mazda 6 GT3? Very very good. The Honda NSX? This is one of my favourites.

The Corvette and Mustang GT3? Great stuff. Most of the FR type cars are pretty decent.

I dont mind the Huracan but find the 458 requires heaps of concentration to drive competitively. The Cavallino leagues beat it out of me.

The Citroen GT? No thank you.

In sum, the GT3 class is probably the heart and soul, meat and potatoes of GT Sport. They did something really great here.

I mean they could just have GT3 cars and I'd be happy with it.

On any medium to long track the sheer choice of GT3s is what I love.

Every car at DTG. It's such an awesome original circuit. I can make any car shine there. To narrow it down, I'll pick the Gr. 4 Mustang & Gr. 3 Vantage around that track.

Gr.1 at La Sarthe has to be my all-time favourite combo. The cars and the track feel like they were made for each other.

Suzuka with any of the F1 cars feels also wonderful.

And the Nordschleife with anything that is rear-wheel drive and has more than 300 hp.

Very recently any Super GT car and Nordschleife combo with assists off other than ABS is a great combo for me. Currently trying to get a sub 6 minute run with the Lexus RC-F GT500.

Gr.1 at La Sarthe has to be my all-time favourite combo. The cars and the track feel like they were made for each other.

Suzuka with any of the F1 cars feels also wonderful.

And the Nordschleife with anything that is rear-wheel drive and has more than 300 hp.

Got to agree with Le Sarthe. The Porsche curves are so good when you get them hooked up. Especially in one of the hybrid cars, the Toyota is my favourite personally.

Le Sarthe reminds me a little of the old configuration for the Hockenheim circuit in Germany, with its series of very long straights broken up by chicanes.

It is probably one of the few places where a car like the Tomahawk can really be opened up and reach top speed.

Anywhere else just isn't suited to the ridiculous top end of the Tomahawk and ends up a frustration.

One of my favorites is the CHC Nova, stock with sports hards, at Northern Isle Speedway.

Edit: Just yesterday, I tried the RedBull X2014 Junior at Circuit de Sainte-Croix B. I haven't had a chance to tune it yet, but turns 4-6 are a dream to drive.

Last edited:
For my daily workout and to get to spin the lucky wheel, lobby free run on Red Bull Junior at the Red Bull Ring makes me happy. With it's maximum 394hp it's a blast to drive. If I'm lucky, then sometimes I meet up with good drivers at the ring on their max tuned GT3 machines, and it can be very even and fun battle.

Back