Favourite Cars To Drive

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by JBF77, May 7, 2015.

1. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

Let's just say that a John Doe, who is close to the 'heat' so to speak, tested the Formula A in pCARS, someone who also helps to tweak those professional F1 simulators used by teams. This birdy seems to have said it's almost as close to F1 as the pro-simulator but at the time was just a bit behind it in accuracy. Tweaks on that birdy's feedback have been made since to improve it further.

I hope this satisfies. :sly:

CHEN255 and bleeder like this.
  2. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

Can you share some setups somewhere? Thanks!

diesel97 likes this.
  3. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Hope its sound more brutal though, like on rFactor.

klondike likes this.
  4. bleeder

bleeder

sure. no doubt someone will find them terrible though lol. there was a tuning thread somewhere around here, wasn't there? I'll do it when I get back on the game.

5. Luminis

Luminis

Spend a bit of time setting the BAC Mono up. And dang, that thing went from being a horrible experience to being my favourite virtual car ever.

Drove that thing around Laguna Seca for a good two hours today. Driving the Mono had a feel of... Well, serenity to it. Can't describe it any other way.

6. JR98

JR98 Premium

So far I've driven the Pagani Zonda R, BMW M3 GT4, Mercedes 190E Group A and the R8 LMS. Out of them all the R8 is the best so far. Can't beat some GT3!!!

7. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Ooooohhhhh my.

The BMW M1 Procar around Spa is just amazing.

You can feel the weight and it piles on speed in an unrelenting manner, the car just eases you into pushing it more and more, and then if you dare cross over the line it bites you back.

Utterly stupid amounts of fun.

8. Im_Lukas

Im_Lukas

I've finally given every car a short go and my favourite has to be the Clio cup car, the default setup for this car handles perfect for me. I persuaded my friends to give the Clio a go when we were playing online and now they're also fans so there's plenty more fun to be had there.

I also really enjoy the Sauber C9, if only there were some more cars in that class so you don't end up with a full grid of Saubers.

KamyKaze1098 likes this.
  9. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Become quite fond the M1 Procar. Does everything you want it to do til' you go too far. Pretty reasonably fast against the AI as well.

Scaff likes this.
  10. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Pagani Huayra for the sound (in car) or any of the Group A or GT3 cars for racing

11. HBR-Roadhog

HBR-Roadhog

The GT40 has 60s era tires on it so grip is a bit of an issue. It is a handful for sure. I've had it out a couple of times but have yet to manage a clean lap in it.

It does do donuts quite well though ;)

12. frivoloushobby

frivoloushobby

I gave the Gumpert Apollo a go tonight and really liked it. Stupid fast and easy to maintain a slide if you feel the need. So far, it's easily my favorite road car. Of course, I use that term lightly. It has as much in common with road cars as I do with Olympic athletes.

VXR likes this.
  13. blowfishrulez

blowfishrulez

Hands down, the Caterham SP300 Prototype Racer. It is ridiculously fast around every track and the out of the box driving sensation is superb. Then there is the Formula Rookie as well as the Ginetta G40 GT5 of course :bowdown:

Spitfire77 likes this.
  14. bleeder

bleeder

took the Mercedes 190E out for what I thought was going to be a first quick spin but ended up driving it for the next 3 hours. really enjoyed it after sorting the oversteer out. loads of fun.

15. KamyKaze1098

KamyKaze1098

Clio. Enough said

Im_Lukas likes this.
  16. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

Yeah i did this invitational last night...epic stuff! The sun was a real hindrace in parts...but i noticed it go behind a cloud later in the race at eu rouge...amazing realism! The M1 is so easy to drive but hard to master if you know what i mean..you can really push it though.

Scaff likes this.
  17. Mr_D

Mr_D

The Aston Martin Vantage GT4. The engine and transmission sounds are awesome. And obviously its a looker too.

18. JR98

JR98 Premium

Lotus 95T at Nurburgring. When you finally nail that lap (after 500 attempts) it is so satisfying!

19. Animera

Animera

BMW 320 Turbo. For me this car is just awesome! Handling, gear changes, engine sound and the turbo gives me goosebumps while driving.

tka_tha and blowfishrulez like this.
  20. VincentVegaSWE

VincentVegaSWE

Oh! My! God! I just did a race in the Capri at Snetterton 300. This was my first time with the cute old Ford and I adjusted the wastegate pressure to the max.

Question now is: Will any other car, from now on, be fun to drive?

HBR-Roadhog and blowfishrulez like this.
  21. wvmgmidget

wvmgmidget Premium

I love the Mercedes Benz C Class DTM. You can pin that thing around the track with so little breaking.

22. giorgos21

giorgos21

BMW M1 Procar,Ruf RGT-8,BMW 320 Turbo Gr.5,SMS Formula Rookie.

Worst: Renault Megane R.S.

23. giorgos21

giorgos21

m1 one pro car is very easy to drive as it is.Tune it only to make it faster.

24. torque99

torque99

If I had to jump in a car now it would be the BMW Z4 GT3 For the sound alone when pushing and hitting over 6k revs and the way it drives with easy to see info on the dash..Little Clio cup is fun to throw around the tighter tracks.
    Open wheel has to be bac mono/radical SR8-rx or formula 1000/B/C now I have gone up a level. Still have a soft spot for the rookie after spending a season in career in it. Formula A I am holding off for the time being that thing is a beast!
    Road car has to be the Mitsubishi Evo X FQ400 for the turbo sound and handling. Taking it round the ring at night time was fun!

These may all change as I find and try out new cars...I will be buying season pass so even more to try out each month.:D

25. jason.clark47

jason.clark47

I love the LMP1 cars particularly on the Le Mans circuit, the engine sounds are simply amazing (not counting the diesel powered audi *yawn*).

The gt3/4 BMW M3'so are also huge fun particularly at Spa.

26. RX-7_FD3S

RX-7_FD3S

Didnt try much yet, received my wheel yesterday, with the time I took to set it up and all, I didnt had much time to play. The Huayra around Spa was fantastic tho.

27. m3lover1

m3lover1

Haven't driven much, but so far liking the 320 Turbo a lot. Quite a handful, and I'm a noob and suck at tuning, but had a lot of fun racing it at Hockenheim. Struggled at Barcelona, although considering I ended practice 16th, quali 12th, I was 2nd through 90% of the race, until two unforced errors on the last 3 laps I dropped down to 7th before scavenging 5th.

I also like the M1 Procar too, can't wait to try out some of the GT3's though, notably the RUF and Z4.

28. PiotrGT

PiotrGT

EVO X on hill section of California Highway feels almost like WRC to me. I really like group a cars, hard to drive but fun. It seems like every car is hard to drive because I'm using DS4.

29. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

The little Caterham LMP2 car so far, don't know the name but it just does exactly what I want it to which is great when you use a DS4.

30. matty234

matty234

E30 M3, that car feels so good! and that's with a DS4... can't imagine the untold pleasure that would be using it with a wheel.