Favourite Corner?

• Thread starter Matty
  • 45 comments
- The Lesmo's at Monza
- The sweeping turn 5 & 6 at Sepang Curcuit
- The new Loop-Arena section at Silverstone
- The exit from turn 9 and the entrance to turn 10 at Bahrain. I think those two corners are tricky to master. It takes some practice! ;-)
- I like the part at Spa from the entrance into Blanchimont towards the start/finish line through the bus-stop chikane. Really love that part! Dunno why? :-D

Masta Kink was good at Spa.
The Downhill bit (The start of the lap down to the Hairpin) at Rouen les Essart - Six Brothers stands out as a hard corner that demanded a little bit extra to go fast.

Turn 4 at Mosport. Dropping left that rises up on the exit into the tight... tighter Moss Hairpin. The downhill swoop just feels great... easy to get carried away... only to forget you are right on a slow hairpin. so you need to apply the anchors before you wreck.

The bit near Charade Village at Clermont-Ferrand. Overhanging trees, blind exits... fast jinking and then you burst out of the trees to look over the town bellow. Stunning.

In F1 2013...
Maggots <-> Chappel at Silver-stun. (I preferred Becketts when it was a left hander.) though.

Have to say the 1st,2nd and 3rd corner at Brazil getting the down hill left and opening the car up on to the straight from the long sweeping left feels amazing when you get it right
And also the final chicane and canada brushing the champions wall on to the start finish straight

the stadium section of Hokeimheim I no its not in F1 2013 also 1st 3 turns at Brazil the entire 2nd sector at Albert Park the 1st 4 in China the turn 3 4 5 6 at Abu Dhabi

Paddock Hill at Brands Hatch

Eau Rouge and Pouhon at Spa (They require rather large attachments.)

Copses at Silverstone

2nd sector of the Hungaroring (It seems it is one of 2 tracks in the world with "the" in the beginning of their name.)

Turns 3-9 at COTA (The rest of the track isn't bad either.)

The fast left right (turn 10,11) in Melbourne.
Sepang turn 12, 13
Belgium... but on GT5
Korea turns 7,8
And some others...

I'm gonna say the Corner in Monaco just after the Tunnel. Great view, Dangerous and close battles.

I'm a big fan of turns 1, 2 & 3 at Interlagos, the downhill nature of this part of the track makes it very fun to drive.

I also enjoy turn 1 of Shanghai, Copse at Silverstone and turns 12 to 19 at Monte Carlo.

Seeing I haven't played much (I've only had 2012 and haven't played it since my wheel broke) Just for sheer driving and enjoyment in f1 cars lesmo and degner 1 & 2 and 130R.

Eau Rouge, easily one of the best, pouhon and turn 18.
Monaco - the tight left, right I think its the swimming pool, turn 13,14?
China the last turns before getting on the long straight.
Suzuka - Turn 1 & Degner 8,9.

Eau Rouge, easily one of the best, pouhon and turn 18.
Monaco - the tight left, right I think its the swimming pool, turn 13,14?
China the last turns before getting on the long straight.
Suzuka - Turn 1 & Degner 8,9.
All of those and the apex corners at Circuit of the Americas and the sweeping Maggots, Becketts and Chapel Curves of Silverstone.

Cant remember the names of the top of my head... but:

Suzuka - the entire first sector :-)
Silverstone, Maggots and Becketts and whatever the fast right hander is at the end of the following straight -- that one turn is probably my favorite of them all, when hit just right!
CotA - the long (is it triple?) apex right hand sequence just before the last two corners

Sector 1 of Yas Marina
Copse
Brands Hatch Paddock Hill, Graham Hill and Stirlings
Estoril turns 1&2 (I never realised how fast they were until I drove a Merc around them)
Monaco Piscine 1

maggotts, becketts and chapel in silverstone, when you nail that exit its the best feeling
paddock hill at brands hatch is another favourtie, watching those turbo monsters trailblaze down through there is crazy
the left right after the schumacher s on the nurb gp is sweet too

Back