• Thread starter flanylla
  • 19 comments
I's so hard for me to choose considering I love both the PAL/USA and JP OST q.q

So i'll say my... "favourites" from PAL (which I grew up with) and JP

PAL menu: Toyota Dealer
PAL Race: Sweet 16

JP Menu: Aston Martin
JP Race: Kiss You Good-bye

But like I said I love all of them almost equally.. PAL's Dodge and Chevrolet, as well as the Time Trial pre-setup menu/post race menu music is a hidden gem, but then there's JP's Toyota which we all know as Toward the East, Moon Over The Castle playing in the theater menu... etc etc.

Also I love the PAL OST, but the my absolute favourite are:

Menu: Simulation Mode, Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi and TVR Dealers
Race: Sweet 16 and Lose Control

I don't have a favorite, but in general I like the opening music and menu music in GT1 the most. The opening music (a Chemical Brothers remake, I think) is my favorite of the series to this day.

And the menu music, with somebody jamming out on a guitar, nothing special, just some band jamming out, by far gets me the most pumped for racing!

I don't know what happened in later GTs, so far as menu music goes. GT2 has that super-quick jazzy stuff which gets on my nerves. Good thing I could turn this off. GT4 has music which sounds like it'd be fit for a funeral dirge or something. Bleagh. Depressing. Like I'm in a doctor's office waiting to hear if I'm about to spend the next precious years of my life taking suppositories or something. :P Later GTs, of course, we could substitute our own music. But I do like some of GT5's default jazz and ambient selections.

As I'm racing, I don't have music on, ever (except in GT5/6 in which I can add my own), so I have no idea which tunes are in GT1. I just had a listen to Feeder's Sweet 16 though. Yeah that rawks! ... It'd be too distracting for me though as I'm driving.

Last edited:
Ah, I'm forgot about hidden unknown tracks, I like very much the first, that is very very similar to the Grand Theft Auto 1 Theme (Da Shootaz - Grand Theft Auto (Joyride))

Gran Turismo:

Grand Theft Auto 1:

Listen both and say if are similar for you haha

Exactly submaniac93, that opening remix is my very fave.

Oh nice, I never heard the original GTA's intro. 👍 That really fits the mood of that sort of game.

My second fave would be GT3's beginning, but it morphs into a Lenny Kravitz tune that we've all heard a zillion times, so it's not as unique. I do like the cinematics though.

Exactly submaniac93, that opening remix is my very fave.

Oh nice, I never heard the original GTA's intro. 👍 That really fits the mood of that sort of game.

My second fave would be GT3's beginning, but it morphs into a Lenny Kravitz tune that we've all heard a zillion times, so it's not as unique. I do like the cinematics though.

In Europe we have Feeder - Just a Day and honestly I prefer this, like GT4. In Europe there is Kasabian - Reason is Treason (Jacknife Lee Remix) and in USA Van Halen - Panama

GT3 Intro PAL:

GT4 Intro PAL:

Last edited:
The "Just A Day" mix in GT3 is better than the actual song: sadly the only way to obtain it in good quality is Russian sites or extracting the game files.

It's apparently based on an earlier version of the song, explaining a missing verse and different vocals/instrumentation.

I like the Feeder song for GT3 better than Lenny. 👍 Maybe because it's unfamiliar to me.

Last edited:
I don't have a favorite, but in general I like the opening music and menu music in GT1 the most. The opening music (a Chemical Brothers remake, I think) is my favorite of the series to this day. And the menu music, with somebody jamming out on a guitar, nothing special, just some band jamming out, by far gets me the most pumped for racing!

I don't know what happened in later GTs, so far as menu music goes. GT2 has that super-quick jazzy stuff which gets on my nerves. Good thing I could turn this off. GT4 has music which sounds like it'd be fit for a funeral dirge or something. Bleagh. Depressing. Like I'm in a doctor's office waiting to hear if I'm about to spend the next precious years of my life taking suppositories or something. :P Later GTs, of course, we could substitute our own music. But I do like some of GT5's default jazz and ambient selections.

As I'm racing, I don't have music on, ever (except in GT5/6 in which I can add my own), so I have no idea which tunes are in GT1. I just had a listen to Feeder's Sweet 16 though. Yeah that rawks! ... It'd be too distracting for me though as I'm driving.

I'm the opposite to you in terms of my GT music history. I hated Chemical Bros intro because my first time playing GT was the JP version with Moon Over The Castle. So when I bought my own disc it was the US version and I was so disappointed that the epic music has been replaced with some generic techno :grumpy: Over the years I've grown to like Chemical Bros although it will never surpass MOTC. The only Western opening that can hold a candle to MOTC is GT2's My Favourite Game in my opinion. It's a shame later GTs featured MOTC less and less, with GT Sport not having it at all. Daiki Kasho's stuff is pretty good but it's tradition that the JP version should open with MOTC :irked:

In terms of in game music, because I played the US version of GT1 I associate more with the techno menu musics and rock driving songs. The switch to JP version's jazz in GT2 didn't bother me too much, and later on when I learnt that most of these tunes were in fact remixes of the menu musics in GT1 made me love them even more.

I skipped GT3/4 and went straight to GT5P. By this time I always turned off driving music so I don't have any particular associations with these in later games. I still do love the jazz/lounge/elevator style musics in later GTs though. It's what sets them apart from all the edgy stuff in every other racing game. It suits the menu atmosphere and most importantly it adds to the sense of elegance and class the GT always has over its competitors.

Gran Turismo 1 PAL:

Menu Music: Simulation Mode & Race Settings/Result
Race Music: I don't like any of them

Gran Turismo 1 JP:

Menu Music: Honda Car Dealer
Race Music: I don't like any of them

Back