• Ferrari 550 Maranello - NFS ROAD CHALLENGE

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Porsche 912 (996) Carrera - NFS PORSCHE UNLEASHED

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Porsche 911 Carrera RS RWB - Need For Speed 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Has always been the yellow Diablo for me :D

I'm under the impression that the icon car for NFS MW 2012 is the Porsche 911 Carrera though. It's the car on the cover and the first car you get in-game.

You should also add the XJ220 & Cala from NFS II. The intro still gets me pumped to this day.

My very first Need For Speed game was Hot Pursuit when I was a little kid. You can ask a fan of the series what they feel is the core of Need For Speed. Some of the older fans will say that it's about exotic cars racing in exotic locations. Other fans will tend to say that it's about customization and street racing. While I feel that both explanations can adequately define Need For Speed, I tend to lean toward the former. High end supercars racing through rural towns, dusty canyons, bustling cities, and picturesque mountainsides... with a yellow Lamborghini Diablo SV leading the way.

That, is what Need For Speed is to me.

Even though i despise the Movie.

moviemustang3.jpg

I love the car.

If we're talking "feature cars", then Ferrari 550 Maranello:

979_front.jpg

It was my favourite car in that game, too - and it's still one of my favourite Ferraris.

Of course, if we're talking true icons, nothing beats NFS II.

Although, we probably can't ignore the first game, either. I remember being properly obsessed with the Viper when TNFS came out.
243308-the-need-for-speed-dos-sc.png

R34 because it reminds me of my past as a start of being a Nissan fanatic, even though it was a tough choice between the 350Z and the R34, because i am a huge fan of the Z series, but yet the R34 is my choice because of the fact that it was my favourite car in that game

R34 because it reminds me of my past as a start of being a Nissan fanatic, even though it was a tough choice between the 350Z and the R34, because i am a huge fan of the Z series, but yet the R34 is my choice because of the fact that it was my favourite car in that game
You're the only person to even consider it. Most people (myself included) went for the Diablo or M3

It'll be fine

Quick question, what would be the iconic car of Porsche Unleashed?
I think the cover car is a 996 Carrera. But since most of the cars in that game were 911s (shock), I suppose that might work.

I was personally always taken by the 356s, being totally the opposite end of the spectrum compared with previous NFS games. Combined with the return to NFS1 style point to point locations, and the "factory driver" mode, it made for a refreshingly different experience.

You're the only person to even consider it. Most people (myself included) went for the Diablo or M3
I never played the NFS with the Diablo, i have played MW and dont get me wrong it's an awesome game, but I didn't consider the M3 because im a drifter as well and my first ever drift was in a R34 on NFSU so the choice was made:P

It's probably the most recognisable video game vehicle in history
I don't see the hype about the BMW, looks rather generic.

The Diablo is The Diablo. Everyone knows The Diablo. I can talk to anyone on the bus about The Diablo and they will know what I'm talking about.

Differing tastes I guess.

It's probably the paint job and the fact that Most Wanted 2005 did really well. I'm guessing that another influence on how people voted the way they voted was probably which game they entered the series at. I voted Diablo because it's the most iconic car of the classic era of Need For Speed games, and as such, embodies Need For Speed as I see it. That BMW is the most iconic car of the Undergound era, and I'm willing to bet that a lot of people who voted in the poll came in at that generation.

I like the Lamborghini's looks and its V10, but I can certainly respect that M3's paint job and the transmission whine. (And I don't even care that much for modified cars or BMWs.)

I would have voted for the Lamborghini Murcielago from NFS HP2 but thats not in the poll so I went for the M3 in MW '05.

Back