FC club house?

• Thread starter Hereward
  • 54 comments
Were trying to get a routine where we meet up in Home at a regular time each night then move onto FC or whatever racing game people want to move onto. details of the game and Lobby will be left on the club notice board before we leave for late comers. Don't panic though we don't expect every member to turn up every night.....far from it! but once we settle into a routine I would thinkk out of the 32 members (64 including the sister club) we can get a enough people for a full field of cars!
Primarily it's Ferrari Challenge but we'll be racing on practicly any game, from GTA IV to GT5p! It's all dependant on what the members fancy on the night, plus there will be set events with pre race timetrials events.
The Idea of using a club in home is simply using it as a pre game online Lobby, it makes meeting for a race easier and deciding as a group what we all want to do on a given night. When game launching gets sorted it will be even easier but till then it's still easier and quicker using the Home system.

Theres around 12 slots still aailable in the club although those are actualy taken by unawnsered club invites, so send me a club invite request via home (search clubs, Race Club) and it's first come first serve I'm afraid to say. Again we don't expect to see everyone everyday, but at least once a week for some members is reasonable to expect,

Last edited:
Race tonight, 10.30PM GMT UK meet at clubhouse then onto FC Lobby, probubley hosted "Hereward" but that may change. We could also move onto GT5p afterwards! The invite details are up in the clubouse and also in the sister clubhouse to hopefully get a good turnout. I've also PM most people in the clubhouse, if your not on my friends list however......

I will have braking zones available on racing line to help keep things clean (first big race together the occasional accident will no doubt happen) if your not completly happy with your braking points PUT THE AID ON! We'll sort out track and car prior to the club depending on what everyone wants, tracks will be the simple ones to keep it easy for everyone.

If your not on my friends list accept the requests I sent out as the races will be friends only to get rid of the "can't Kick Players" issue in FC, last thing we want is randoms joining and playing bumper cars with us, so if your not on my list I can't invite you, pain I know but until Home gets game launching updated it's the easiest way of doing it.

Last edited:
Well thanks Niedher, again your the only guy to show up. The club has 18 members, all of them were PM via PSN and none replied, the race details were posted on the notice board in the club and also on here........and yet again Niehder and myself are the only ones there. Not much point having a club for raceing if no one can be bothered to even tell me they wont be there let alone show up. This is the 4th race that has been "empty" the last 2 being on saturday and friday night. If I can point out what I said at the begining, if your not going to use the club regularly then don't join, leave the limited spaces to those that want to race online as a group.

And yes I am a little anoyed.

Yes I am totally with you! Is it really so that those who have the Xbox, are more social one as they have ps3, or? It is sad that the best driver can not come to set up the race as herward set up. Hmmm???? Ok Herward, show we do not get a response next week, we may well just close down the entire club .....:grumpy:

Well I'm a little more rational now, I do think the problem is that the PS3 isn't as social as the 360, but thats the whole point of home, to make it a better social gaming experience. This of course dosn't work overnight!. It's one of the reasons I didn't name the club Ferrari Challenge.
We did anage to get 3 people from the sister club into last nights games (yeah poor turn out there as well) so in all there were 5 of us, the problem was only 2 of us had FC so we decided to play GT5p............thats when the nightmare started! Never again will I try and get 5 people in a race vea the XMB, it was like a military manouver with "GO" posts flying around, managed one race with everyone then it we were scatered onto different servers......I'll stick to games with lobby systems in future LOL

Right as far as the club goes I'm not going to put as much organisation into it for the moment. Race meet messages will stil be put up on the board and I ask only that if your interestead either turn up or PM me via PSN for the details. If you don't turn up then you don't turn up. I will be cycling membership though so those that don't use the club don't be suprised if your place is taken by someone who dose want to use it.

I'll also be looking at running other game types from the club sch as SOCOM and perhaps some clans for COD ect wth a moderator for each so notices can be put up if the racing dosn't get much interest.

The lack of game launching from within home at the moment is the biggest issue for clubs and it can be a pain arranging stuff but it's far easier than doing it from the XMB as I compertently demonstrated last night on GT5p LOL

Hereward, with this "New Year" very long weekend many people have been away from their homes and/or PS3s . At least, I have. Give it some time, I think the club is a great idea. :)

Yeah Hun (for gawds sake chane your PSN ID LOL) I agree with you, I'm trying to run before I can walk with this one. It takes time to get a social network of gamers going and most people will take at least 2 weeks till after the holidays to settle back into a routine. I was just blowing of steam.......thought we could have had at least more than 2 show up out of nearly 20 on a saturday night......or at least PM me to say you couldn't make it......there I go again, I'll go sit in the corner for a little while, can someone bring me some canamile tea?

ah man sorry to hear there was only 2 i would have been there normally around that time but i had my girlfriend around last night!

i will be hosting tonight at 10PMish and will wait to see if anyone joins for half an hour, if nobody shows i will move on to MCLA for the night. Hopefully some people turn up for FC, as i just unlocked the F50 and want to give it a good shakedown :) and im really enjoying the game. Will probably mix it up a bit, right now im feeling - Monza Wet, hockenheim dry, Mugello dry, Cali Wet in F50 then 575! Maybe 348 i love that car! I cant understand how more people dont play this game its brilliant.

Yeah Hun (for gawds sake chane your PSN ID LOL)

Can't do it, try calling me Mário. Anyway, I didn't know Huns were so dear to englishmen :D. I guess it must be because Attila's armies didn't reach Britannia 💡

Hun in the UK is a shortend vesion of honey.....in the descriptive sence, ie "Hi honey I'm home" or "Hi Hun I'm home" thus My childish mirth at replying to your post Hi Hun (Hi honey).......It's the nordic humour, you see if Attila had got over his sea sickness, or taught his horse to swim it wouldn't be so funney........blame the Vikings, it's usualy there fault anyway LOL
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5zb195n84

Hun in the UK is a shortend vesion of honey.....in the descriptive sence, ie "Hi honey I'm home" or "Hi Hun I'm home" thus My childish mirth at replying to your post Hi Hun (Hi honey).......It's the nordic humour, you see if Attila had got over his sea sickness, or taught his horse to swim it wouldn't be so funney........blame the Vikings, it's usualy there fault anyway LOL
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5zb195n84

In the UK? I've rarely heard it used in the UK, more in the US and on US TV shows, films etc.
And the rare occasions I've heard "hun" in the UK is certainly not referring to the ladies.

But its irrelevant now.

Reigonal thing in the UK Ardius you woolleyback....... LOL

You'll find it quite a common saying in certain regions, but not sure why your trying to pick holes in a joke? And why it's irrelevant? The Home club is simply a social meeting place for a few racers to have a chat and then head off to race, a pre game lobby if you like nothing more nothing less. Having a chat with, and getting to know the racers your up against makes it a little more personal than racing complete strangers and thus for some adds to the race experience.

Last edited:
Reigonal thing in the UK Ardius you woolleyback....... LOL

You'll find it quite a common saying in certain regions, but not sure why your trying to pick holes in a joke? And why it's irrelevant? The Home club is simply a social meeting place for a few racers to have a chat and then head off to race, a pre game lobby if you like nothing more nothing less. Having a chat with, and getting to know the racers your up against makes it a little more personal than racing complete strangers and thus for some adds to the race experience.

:lol: I meant what I said was irrelevant because I was nit-picking a joke. I have nothing against using Home.

Mancs.......can't live with em' can't drown em' in the canal, I blame the council for giving them free swiming lessons at school! Anyway ahem.....it's a reigonal UK thing folks, we like to call each other names as a sighn of friendship LOL

Reigonal dialect converter
Mancs.......people who live in manchester
em'......them
council.......local goverment body
Wooleybacks.....also people who live in manchester
pie eater.....people who live in wigan (me, before he gets it in LOL)

Heh, well, I'm not really properly a manc, my family is actually from Salford and I live in Sale, but its all in Greater Manchester anyway.
Anyway, I thought we were meant to be united against the scousers and the geordies? (Though perhaps I should be careful where I'm going with this seeing as two of my potential employers are from those two respective places, :lol:)

I do alot of work in the "scouse" land so I'll keep my gob shut, I'll happily have ago at the gordies however LOL

Ok due to the tournament being put on hold and all but a handful of people using the club it's gone.....or rather changed It'll still host FC and GTp events but will now include any online game so COD GTA IV and future titles such as SOCOM and Killzone 2 are now all actively suported, I'll stick a notice up on the general S3 thread

Hey sorry I have been unable to get on, much uni work and was home for a while with the ps3 back together now and work is complete!

Hun means something else entirely in Northern Ireland by the way...

Hey Jambo, I remeber you telling me you were at home and missing most your software LOL no wories you have an invite waiting for you

Yeah no problems, if anyone wants an invite I'll post up the new club name, were holding some games over the weekend with the sister club as well, F1ce is tonight then there will be some Ferrari Challenge races, Grid and motorstorm 2 stuff over the weekend and no goubt some LBP stuff as well LOL

Yeah no problems, I'll post up the name of it later, "online gamers" I think I named it LOL. just search clubs in home for it then send invite request from the menu in home I'll accept them as they arive, Tonight theres F1 ce going on via the sister club all welcome, see Little Jobbie for invite and I'll be doing a little FC followed by a trip over to the 360 where there will be Forza 2 on offer and Rainbow 6 vegas to finish up if the raceing gets stale or people get too drunk to drive LOL

I recently got FC, so if there is still room in the Club, I'll be dropping in. 👍

So is the name of the club simply "online gamers"?

Back