Feast Your Eyes on the First Assetto Corsa Competizione Gameplay Footage

Well yes.. Night racing is not GTSs thing. But do you know why? If one was to run night racing using the actual light/shadow engine of GTS the PS4 would run out of power. I think that might hold back weather as well.

Im confused now. I was watching a video there you can see shadows. Maybe its only in singleplayer mode? I only tryed once on MP and there are no shadows.

It's also fine by me as the current crop of driving sims (with some exceptions) have IMO become somewhat unfocused and diluted with the devs throwing everything they can, including the kitchen sink, into them, which, given the workload in doing that, is probably responsible for the slew of bugs in the current titles.

Now don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy the sandbox nature of GTS PC2 and AC, it's just that sometimes I wish I could load up something with a specific focus on a particular class of motor racing (other than F1). Yes I know that I could use the aforementioned games to roll my own events, but that's not the point for me.

I know I'm in a minority here, what with most everybody yelling for more cars and more tracks, whereas I would love a game, or games, that just focused on one aspect of the sport, which would mean only the cars and tracks used in that series. For me at least, I think that would lead to a more coherent and well rounded motor racing experience. It would also give the devs the time and space to focus on the technicalities and minutiae that would lead to a good polished title.

And that is why I am particularly interested in ACC.

I absolutely agree. Quite a few racing games could use more Focus, and I am not talking about a Ford compact car either. (Looks at Forza 7 game case.)

It's paddle shift, and he only does it twice i think

Edit
I think it got my answer after rewatched it, seems like they animated the driver making adjustments, as seen as he was cycling thru settings on the wheel. That's a very nice touch, first ever in a racing game???
I believe i saw some animations in F1 2017

Interesting going from PC footage to real footage and it's weird how game footage looks too sharp and too clinical to be real. The real footage is muted and almost lacking definition. Same problem with movie special effects, right away they look like special effects even though cool in their own way.

I think lower res VR racing is more impressive than flat screen racing at higher resolutions. Look at GTS, graphically quite poor in VR but still amazingly immersive.

It's the official game of the Blancpain GT series. So GT3 only. Which is fine by me, I dig GT3 cars. :cool:

Still, I love vintage cars even more. So hopefully we'll have AC2 one day with these visuals also.
Well its not impossible to get cars other than GT3. Whilst they keep pointing it's a GT3 game, Marco has said that if the game is popular and there is a demand ( maybe GT4) then they will see.
At least i hope they will add some older GT3s , like the 458 , the Z4 and the LMS Ultra. If not on day one , then in the near future.
Marco Massaurutto confirmed that any car that runs, even the ones that only enter the special rounds will be in the game. So that includes older models.
It's also fine by me as the current crop of driving sims (with some exceptions) have IMO become somewhat unfocused and diluted with the devs throwing everything they can, including the kitchen sink, into them, which, given the workload in doing that, is probably responsible for the slew of bugs in the current titles.

Now don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy the sandbox nature of GTS PC2 and AC, it's just that sometimes I wish I could load up something with a specific focus on a particular class of motor racing (other than F1). Yes I know that I could use the aforementioned games to roll my own events, but that's not the point for me.

I know I'm in a minority here, what with most everybody yelling for more cars and more tracks, whereas I would love a game, or games, that just focused on one aspect of the sport, which would mean only the cars and tracks used in that series. For me at least, I think that would lead to a more coherent and well rounded motor racing experience. It would also give the devs the time and space to focus on the technicalities and minutiae that would lead to a good polished title.

And that is why I am particularly interested in ACC.
One thing I miss from in sand box games is official tv timing graphics. Which are in official licences.

Interesting going from PC footage to real footage and it's weird how game footage looks too sharp and too clinical to be real. The real footage is muted and almost lacking definition. Same problem with movie special effects, right away they look like special effects even though cool in their own way.

I think lower res VR racing is more impressive than flat screen racing at higher resolutions. Look at GTS, graphically quite poor in VR but still amazingly immersive.
But real footage is not real life. Its dependent on a number of factors. In VR it does not look like it does with your eyes in a real car. Plus if its really an issue just put some Vaseline on your tv lol.

That's what made excited over anything else. Maybe activating wipers and calling for pitstops are animated and maybe more.
Aris said that the animations in the McLaren will match the buttons on the Fanatec McLaren GT3 rim.

Well impressed by what we've seen so far.

Will be trying out the game next week at the next Blancpain Sprint round. I will let you know how close it feels to the real thing!

when you are at it, push for some early access release on Steam earlier than later ;)

I hate to go back to this - but every time they switch to the chase cam, it is always jarring to see all the GT/PD/PS4 branding.

Plus, if anything, then i actually like it.
It shows that ACC does not feel threatened by GT Sport (which is a game i also like), and maybe, who knows, they actually might even have some sort of contact? Maybe Marco and Kaz are pals? :D
Like, i actually did not even notice it the first time i saw the footage to be honest, i was interested in other things. To me it's just a livery of a real world racecar.

Racedepartment never fails to remind you many SIM racing fans are rather childish by being threatened by a title that isn't their choice game.

Indeed.
Bram had to get involved with one of the threads to politely encourage a member to be quiet.
In fact, I had a rather snarky reply to said user and Lord Kunos himself bought me a beer.

I rarely comment there anymore, just read alot and of course get mods.

Plus, if anything, then i actually like it.
It shows that ACC does not feel threatened by GT Sport (which is a game i also like), and maybe, who knows, they actually might even have some sort of contact? Maybe Marco and Kaz are pals? :D
Like, i actually did not even notice it the first time i saw the footage to be honest, i was interested in other things. To me it's just a livery of a real world racecar.
I don't know if they're friends or not but I know they've met and Kaz is someone Marco respects. Also he was playing GTS when it came out. You can definitely see inspiration from GTS in the presentation before the race begins.
Indeed.
Bram had to get involved with one of the threads to politely encourage a member to be quiet.
In fact, I had a rather snarky reply to said user and Lord Kunos himself bought me a beer.

I rarely comment there anymore, just read alot and of course get mods.
Haha nice.

This video is one of the most amazing footages I've seen in a racing game. Still today I do some races here in framerate mode for those 60 fps replays. Night in GT Sport is not perfect but I think other developers has to catch up to this. The only thing missing is all tracks having night and all day/night cycle. Not having night at Le Mans is a nonsense also.

Im confused now. I was watching a video there you can see shadows. Maybe its only in singleplayer mode? I only tryed once on MP and there are no shadows.

Last edited:
Nice video. Good to see they are making progress. Overall I like what I see except for the crazy-noticable shadow-pop, that's pretty distracting.

Driveclub Rain is out of this world,and the game was released in the beginning of this gen,i wish GT Sport's rain could come close to it but i don't have high expectations.

Now THAT'S what rain should look like! Driveclub has seriously amazing graphics.
But as Johnny hints to; this console generation's weakness isn't that it can't do great graphics – because it most definitely can – but that it can't do so at 60fps+.

Looks great, it's pretty amazing that a small indie dev like Kunos can go toe to toe with much bigger studios like SMS, PD and T10. Even 10 years ago that would be unthinkable.

Looks great, it's pretty amazing that a small indie dev like Kunos can go toe to toe with much bigger studios like SMS, PD and T10. Even 10 years ago that would be unthinkable.
Well, truth to be told, they are not that indie or small anymore. They got acquired by 505 Games and got considerably bigger compared to the 6-7 man team which started work on AC. I mean hell, back then, they had only one guy for creating the tracks :)
And ACC will feature most likely 'only' 12 tracks and not that many different car models, so it will still be a relatively small game.
I think the full power in terms of content from this developer we will get to see probably in 2020 when AC2 comes around

Well, truth to be told, they are not that indie or small anymore. They got acquired by 505 Games and got considerably bigger compared to the 6-7 man team which started work on AC. I mean hell, back then, they had only one guy for creating the tracks :)
And ACC will feature most likely 'only' 12 tracks and not that many different car models, so it will still be a relatively small game.
I think the full power in terms of content from this developer we will get to see probably in 2020 when AC2 comes around
They're are still small in comparison, T10 is 400+, SMS 150+, PD is 200+ people. It's not even close.

All of this is very promising, but as a PS4 version player I know how Kunos manage things with fixes (just doing nothing), so let's hope Marco would understand that consoles are the fuel of industry and will aim much better on them. Nice touch with PD Nissan, though.

Driveclub weather affects on the windscreen do look incredible but water doesn't move across the screen like that when turning IRL, not to that extent anyway but the droplets being pushed around by the wipers does look awesome!

Back