Feast Your Eyes on the First Assetto Corsa Competizione Gameplay Footage

My PC will finally become useful again! I’m glad the intros make this game less dry than AC! Early access can’t come soon enough!

Hopefully once ACC hits the 1.0 oficial release version they announce the port to consoles.

Impressive work already for what they have shown with the gameplays of the pre alpha ...
And also a great championship, one of the best of the world for me, just love the endurance series and gt series of the Blancpain

Only thing that didn't convince me is the helmet cam... Seems like the head of the driver is fixed and glued an only all the rest is moving..

But, it's a pre alpha... Sure the game will improve lot during the early access

What was the driver doing when he took his right hand off the wheel driving along the straights?

I think they should tone down the head movement in the cockpit view,it may feel realistic but by the end of the lap i felt a little dizzy

Looks lovely. But i dont want another lazy port like the original AC was on consoles. Give us the full flat experience or wait till next gen.

Shifting... I hope.

:P
It's paddle shift, and he only does it twice i think

Edit
I think it got my answer after rewatched it, seems like they animated the driver making adjustments, as seen as he was cycling thru settings on the wheel. That's a very nice touch, first ever in a racing game???

It's paddle shift, and he only does it twice i think

Edit
I think it got my answer after rewatched it, seems like they animated the driver making adjustments, as seen as he was cycling thru settings on the wheel. That's a very nice touch, first ever in a racing game???
That's what made excited over anything else. Maybe activating wipers and calling for pitstops are animated and maybe more.

Day/night cycle looks great. With real light cones and shadows.
They have hold their word as they sayd: our next game will have rain & night :)
Hope there are other cars too, gt3 class is boring.

It looks great, and sounds great. Also, they've livened it up a bit... Fireworks? Pre-race music? I can dig it!

Finally a PC sim that doesn't have terrible visuals! Actual lighting, quality sound! Really looking forward to giving this a go.

Day/night cycle looks great. With real light cones and shadows.
They have hold their word as they sayd: our next game will have rain & night :)
Hope there are other cars too, gt3 class is boring.

I think this is thanks to PDI and GTS. They created great lighting and now other studios just cant put that aside as simracers have seen more realistic lighting is possible.

Say what you want about GTS, but once again PDI is pushing the industry forward. Lighting and online quality in this case.

I think too that GT Sport put a heavy burden on the shoulders of other developers lighting wise, but also did Driveclub for that matter, it just was not THAT popular of a game (underrated at this point in time in my opinion). For example the lighting system together with the poor opponents cars reflections (matte anyone?) and the low intensity rear lights/brake lights in Forza 7 are my main issues with this otherwise good game. It takes so much away from the immersion when you feel that something in the visuals feels off, especially after seeing what is possible with GT Sport (and i think PCars2 and FH3 for that matter do a great job with lighting). So i am happy to see that ACC looks vibrant already in Pre-Alpha. Looking at how gorgeous lighting in AC actually looks like (i think it's a underrated aspect of the game) comparet to how the game looked when it was in Early Access, then i have the highest hopes that ACC will set new benchmarks in that department.
Does anyone know if the game will get HDR support btw? My OLED TV is pumped for it :D

GT3 cars are also not my first choice, that would be modern street supercars, but i am super looking forward to ACC neverthelesse because i know it will feel and look great and also provide a good technical platform for AC2 in two years time or so. So it's just win win win :)

Btw, you guys can download HD quality MP4 files of all 3 videos from here: https://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_assetto_corsa_2_en_piste-20176_fr.html.

RFFgITa.jpg

I think this is thanks to PDI and GTS. They created great lighting and now other studios just cant put that aside as simracers have seen more realistic lighting is possible.

Say what you want about GTS, but once again PDI is pushing the industry forward. Lighting and online quality in this case.

Sorry but no. Night in gt-s is just a transparent mask LOL without lights and shadows.

Sorry but no. Night in gt-s is just a transparent mask LOL without lights and shadows.

Well yes.. Night racing is not GTSs thing. But do you know why? If one was to run night racing using the actual light/shadow engine of GTS the PS4 would run out of power. I think that might hold back weather as well.

Night in GT Sport looks bad because they had to cut down on the way shadows work and light falls on objects. I see sometimes really weird diagonal lines crossing the lit up areas, as if the light cones appear to be displayed only 50% in order to get the stable 60 fps.
Dawn or dusk conditions however look superb in GTS.

It's the official game of the Blancpain GT series. So GT3 only. Which is fine by me, I dig GT3 cars. :cool:

Still, I love vintage cars even more. So hopefully we'll have AC2 one day with these visuals also.

It's also fine by me as the current crop of driving sims (with some exceptions) have IMO become somewhat unfocused and diluted with the devs throwing everything they can, including the kitchen sink, into them, which, given the workload in doing that, is probably responsible for the slew of bugs in the current titles.

Now don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy the sandbox nature of GTS PC2 and AC, it's just that sometimes I wish I could load up something with a specific focus on a particular class of motor racing (other than F1). Yes I know that I could use the aforementioned games to roll my own events, but that's not the point for me.

I know I'm in a minority here, what with most everybody yelling for more cars and more tracks, whereas I would love a game, or games, that just focused on one aspect of the sport, which would mean only the cars and tracks used in that series. For me at least, I think that would lead to a more coherent and well rounded motor racing experience. It would also give the devs the time and space to focus on the technicalities and minutiae that would lead to a good polished title.

And that is why I am particularly interested in ACC.

Back