Features you hope are added in Course Creator

What added features do YOU hope to see in the upcoming CM?

• Total voters
I voted full control over track layout and road surface. However the poll is missing an important feature: being able to easily share tracks and search for other player's tracks. Modnation Racers had all of that back in 2010 before GT5 was released. If GT6's CM doesn't have those 3 features then it won't have much use for the majority of players.

Last edited:
Whilst it physically doesn't change the inputs etc. (except maybe references for braking and turn in points), it does have a big bearing on the enjoyment that can be got from a track. A featureless baron landscape is dull and has no character.. and is therefore less interesting and enjoyable to me.

Aside from that, it's an element of the Course Creator that would appeal to peoples creative side, a livery editor has zero bearing on the handling of a car, but people still get plenty of enjoyment from just creating their own liveries on Forza etc.

Couldn't have said that any better! Well said Matski.

All i want from cc is ability to make my hometown racing track from scrap/gps data or whatever

View attachment 401647

If you ever get to make this on CM, be sure to share this thang! Looks tough (Cool) and fun to drive on.

FS7
I voted full control over track layout and road surface. However the poll is missing an important feature: being able to easily share tracks and search for other player's tracks. Modnation Racers had all of that back in 2010 before GT5 was released. If GT6's CM doesn't have those 3 features than it won't have much use for the majority of players.

Forreal if we're being honest, I don't know how I forgot to add that. I guess I thought that it was going to automatically be a feature. but yeah most definitely, If we aren't able to share and search for tracks, the CM will serve no use to a lot of people.

If I cannot use these tracks with friends online and share them. I have no use with the track creator. I assumed this would automatically come with it. Oh boy. 🤬

I want to be able to create a full track then mark where a pitlane is and mark the entry/exit. After creating the whole track, I want to create shorter tracks.
Why not create a short track, and then make a big track?

Why not create a short track, and then make a big track?

It would be easier to make the main track then add extra parts of track for track variations.

That's what I do when I create massive motorsport complexes in Trackmania. Once you do the main track you have a far better idea of just how much room you have for other layouts, trackside decorations, etc.

It would be easier to make the main track then add extra parts of track for track variations.
That's what I do when I create massive motorsport complexes in Trackmania. Once you do the main track you have a far better idea of just how much room you have for other layouts, trackside decorations, etc.
Sorry, I bone-headed and misinterpreted. I thought you meant something else. :lol: Forgive me.

As you were saying (now that I understand), I completely agree. Being able to add on rather than continueing to edit your main circtuit would be very cool.

Sorry, I bone-headed and misinterpreted. I thought you meant something else. :lol: Forgive me.

As you were saying (now that I understand), I completely agree. Being able to add on rather than continueing to edit your main circtuit would be very cool.
It's OK, we all bonehead sometimes. :cheers:

Course creator features wanted:

To have one.
Can we please stop with these kinds of post? :banghead:

As much as some of you guys complain on here, you do not deserve to have it.:crazy:

If we could have the option to use multiple terrains per track, that would be cool. I don't know if they would mandate Dirt Tires if you had a spec of dirt though. Eiger, for example, is primarily dirt so it makes sense. What if Eiger was opposite of what it is currently (replace dirt for pavement and pavement for dirt)? Would they still mamdate Dirt Tires? :confused:

Last edited:
If we could have the option to use multiple terrains per track, that would be cool. I don't know if they would mandate Dirt Tires if you had a spec of dirt though. Eiger, for example, is primarily dirt so it makes sense. What if Eiger was opposite of what it is currently (replace dirt for pavement and pavement for dirt)? Would they still mamdate Dirt Tires? :confused:

By spec of dirt do you mean like how there would be dirt faded into the road or patches of dirt/mud on the outer edges?

There would be a little more dirt than this but do you mean like this? or do you mean something else?
Mud_on_Road_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1539450.jpg

Nevertheless, that would be cool if they implemented that but that sounds more of a feature they might save for GT7.

Can we please stop with these kinds of post? :banghead:

As much as some of you guys complain on here, you do not deserve to have it

I too used to make all kinds of posts like the one I quoted of you quoting me.

I got tired and folded into the dark side.

I did vote for the first two though BEFORE I made that post :P

FS7
I voted full control over track layout and road surface. However the poll is missing an important feature: being able to easily share tracks and search for other player's tracks. Modnation Racers had all of that back in 2010 before GT5 was released. If GT6's CM doesn't have those 3 features then it won't have much use for the majority of players.

Didn't GT5 have the ability to share tracks with friends? I think the next one will have at least that, but I really think there should be a public option. Whenever the GPS app comes out, I'll certainly be interested in tracks made in other areas of the world that I have no means of visiting.

Should have had placeable objects (Signs, Walls, Tires, Sponsor Boards) as an option.
My pie-in-the-sky fantasy is that there will be a whole library of objects that we can plop down on our tracks like SimCity. If the app ever comes out, I'm sure every one of us will go out and make a track around our own neighborhood, and I'd like to be able to make a reasonable facsimile of the surroundings. A moderate set of generic buildings, houses and other assorted clutter would probably do just fine. And of course grandstands and billboards to cover up anything that doesn't look right. Even if they just put up everything that's already in the game, that would be a helluva selection.

As for complete control of the layout, I'm kind of taking it for granted that that's what it's going to be. I assume the GPS tracks that we make will be dumped into the course creator to allow for editing, in the extremely unlikely event that a track might come out glitchy. I certainly hope so, since I plan to do the 1982 layout of Long Beach, and I think there's a building in the way on one of the old parts now.

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to make Reverse versions of any of our tracks. I was pretty disappointed that GT5 didn't have that.

Last edited:
Just full control over what I want my track to look like. Hell, even Trackmania's track editor would be fine for me...

Didn't GT5 have the ability to share tracks with friends?
It did, but being able to share tracks with only friends really limits our options. In MNR I can upload tracks and share them with anybody, I can search tracks by creator, by track name, by rating, etc, ideally GT6's course maker should have all of that.

the course maker will not be a creator, it will be a generator, if it isn't I'd be really surprised.

How do you know that it will be a generator? Nobody at this point knows what PD is bound to release regarding the Course Maker. Making rash assumptions like that will only leave you tongue-tied if they release something beyond expectation.

How do you know that it will be a generator? Nobody at this point knows what PD is bound to release regarding the Course Maker. Making rash assumptions like that will only leave you tongue-tied if they release something beyond expectation.
if they BS us like they BS'es up with the one in GT5 then it's going to be a generator not a creator. And they pretty much BS'ed people with B-Spec it didn't turned out to be what people expected.

if they BS us like they BS'es up with the one in GT5 then it's going to be a generator not a creator. And they pretty much BS'ed people with B-Spec it didn't turned out to be what people expected.

Agreed B-Spec turned out to be a huge disappointment; however, the community feature turned out to be better than what I had planned. At this point let's just wait and see what happens. We don't know if they'll BS it or go full out on it. it's a 50/50 toss up.

Latest Posts

Back