Features you hope are added in Course Creator

What added features do YOU hope to see in the upcoming CM?

• Total voters
Congo Kinshasa
The Motherland
Manasseh257
Well I searched for about 45 minutes and could not find a specific thread on this topic. All the ones I could find were dead threads from February 2015 or from last year and no I'm not going to go to some random Course Maker thread and discuss this and get off topic and risk the comment getting deleted, I want to make a thread completely focusing on features that you expect/hope to see when the Course Maker finally arrives.

Now the main question is,

What added features do you think will be added to the Course creator? or what features do you wish/hope for the most out of this course creator?

Me personally, I'm hoping this Course Maker gives you more control over how you want your track to look like, instead of using a turn difficulty slider and a random track generator. Also, I hope the new Course maker gives us more environment/theme layouts and at least 12-24 hours and weather for at least half of the tracks.

If there is a thread pertaining to this very subject, I apologize for making a junk thread and I ask that someone could kindly direct me to the correct thread and that the moderators will close this thread.

Let's just see if we actually get it , because at this pace , we'll only get it at the end of the year .

I went for the first 3 options.

Yeah they are going at a slow pace with this but I'm sure we're in store for something huge.

I chose the 2nd 3rd and the 4th option. I need my city races bro! :D:tup:

Remember B-Spec? We waited a lot for that too and it wasn't all that great ...

I would choose all if i could ahah.

Yeah that is true. B-Spec was a huge disappointment for me actually. and tbh, they downgraded it tremendously! Like it was less than GT4's B-Spec.

Me and you both bro. The more features the better.

That thread was more about what's going on with it. or the news about it. Not really about discussing features or anything (I'm not talking about confirmed features)

I voted top three. The rest of them does not change the driving experience. 👍

Also, PD has enough stress just to get it working apparently. 👎
Let's just see if we actually get it , because at this pace , we'll only get it at the end of the year .

I went for the first 3 options.
I would choose all if i could ahah.
Haha, this is what I was thinking. I mean honestly, does having a green tree or a spaceship sitting behind your track boundaries really change how the track feels? And how your car reacts to the terrain?

NO!

Last edited:
All choices would be nice, but knowing PDI, unlikely. If I had to make a compromise I'd choose full time and weather transitions at the expense of more scenery options.

Full control over the track layout is a must, otherwise it isn't a creator - but a generator. We already had one of those in GT5 and it wasn't that spectacular, and to make the fans wait 2 years for something like what we had in GT5 is a huge d**k move in my eyes.

Open world sandbox with complete control over all elements w/o templates. So I pretty much want it all.
Not happening.

I will wear the Bieber avatar if we get something like this. And every feature mentioned in the pole.

does having a green tree or a spaceship sitting behind your track boundaries really change how the track feels?

It could.

1) The green tree could have leaves falling. When the leaves fall on to the ground they might be blown over onto the track. Driving over that leaf can give you a loss of traction.
2) The spaceship could have some sort of vacuum that sucks in air. The your car will have less aero resistance if there is a huge vacuum trying to suck it in.

C'mon man think about one day. Jeez.

:P

---

I chose the first 2 and 4th options.

Full control over the track layout is a must, otherwise it isn't a creator - but a generator. We already had one of those in GT5 and it wasn't that spectacular, and to make the fans wait 2 years for something like what we had in GT5 is a huge d**k move in my eyes.
I'm not expecting anything other than a generator with more options to generate, that's how optimistic about the course maker I am. Hopefully I'm wrong.

There's one option not explicitly listed that I would really like, and that is to add some roughness, wear and tear to the track surface. I want to be able to have bumps, dips and unevenness in the road surface (Mulsanne straight) rather than the perfectly flat pancake surfaces that we normally get in course makers and modern era circuits.

I would also be happy if PD just ripped the track editor from V-rally 2, that was good enough.

My options I chose were 1, 2 and 6.

There's one option not explicitly listed that I would really like, and that is to add some roughness, wear and tear to the track surface. I want to be able to have bumps, dips and unevenness in the road surface (Mulsanne straight) rather than the perfectly flat pancake surfaces that we normally get in course makers and modern era circuits.

I would also be happy if PD just ripped the track editor from V-rally 2, that was good enough.

Now this, I definitely agree with! Never thought of this.

1st option has elvation control in which you could make you track feel worse than GTA Rd. 4 with lowest possible FFB. :P

Elevation Up, Elevation Down, Elevation Up, Elevation Down. Rinse. Repeat. :P

I will go with First 3 things, some more City and Track themes will be good ideas but i better stick with the first 3 as the most wanted things i want.

Haha, this is what I was thinking. I mean honestly, does having a green tree or a spaceship sitting behind your track boundaries really change how the track feels? And how your car reacts to the terrain?

NO!

Whilst it physically doesn't change the inputs etc. (except maybe references for braking and turn in points), it does have a big bearing on the enjoyment that can be got from a track. A featureless baron landscape is dull and has no character.. and is therefore less interesting and enjoyable to me.

Aside from that, it's an element of the Course Creator that would appeal to peoples creative side, a livery editor has zero bearing on the handling of a car, but people still get plenty of enjoyment from just creating their own liveries on Forza etc.

Whilst it physically doesn't change the inputs etc. (except maybe references for braking and turn in points), it does have a big bearing on the enjoyment that can be got from a track. A featureless baron landscape is dull and has no character.. and is therefore less interesting and enjoyable to me.

Aside from that, it's an element of the Course Creator that would appeal to peoples creative side, a livery editor has zero bearing on the handling of a car, but people still get plenty of enjoyment from just creating their own liveries on Forza etc.
Yes, very well put.

Exactly, I remember the old track generator from GT5 it was just boring to drive on any generated tracks because they all looked the same and felt the same. The only thing that changed was the layout itself, but even the layout being different felt like every other layouts. So I got over the generator quite quickly.

If the Course Maker is a generator with more options to generate, it would be a huge disappointment. At least to me it would be. So being able to pick some kind of landscape and create anywhere in that place would be pretty awesome as long as the track isn't flat.

Exactly, I remember the old track generator from GT5 it was just boring to drive on any generated tracks because they all looked the same and felt the same. The only thing that changed was the layout itself, but even the layout being different felt like every other layouts. So I got over the generator quite quickly.

Same here. Real-life circuits have character, I hope the course creator allows us enough freedom to give ours some too.

Now I've been to a couple more of the in-game tracks in real-life (Silverstone, Brands Hatch, The 'ring, Le Mans), I find myself watching the scenery fly-by thinking to myself.. "I drank a beer just there...". :lol:

I went for the first 3 options but what I really want is just an app that records my GPS coordinates along with elevation coordinates (or let me create them if not technically possible) and reproduce them in the game.

Thanks

All i want from cc is ability to make my hometown racing track from scrap/gps data or whatever

lielais-apvienotais-aplis.jpg

Back