February 2023/PSVR2 update prediction thread

• Thread starter Eggstor
  • 111 comments
From the Nations Cup test season 3 announcement:

Possibly using a new car (or track) being added in the update.
What update? lol. Everyone kept telling me I was crazy for calling it a dead game. "They're updating it Feb 15th to support PSVR2, blah, blah." Well my callender says says Feb 17, and we don't have a "server will be going offline message", so... Now everyone's saying the 25th? I'll believe it when I see it with my own two eyes, and even if they add the VR support, don't be at all surprised if that is the entirety of update.

Hope they're still considering a Steam launch; some server-hacking and modding is the only thing that's ever going to get this game to it's true potential

What update? lol. Everyone kept telling me I was crazy for calling it a dead game. "They're updating it Feb 15th to support PSVR2, blah, blah." Well my callender says says Feb 17, and we don't have a "server will be going offline message", so... Now everyone's saying the 25th? I'll believe it when I see it with my own two eyes, and even if they add the VR support, don't be at all surprised if that is the entirety of update.
Don't know where you're plucking these dates from, but the update is coming on the 21st:

The GTWS Exhibition Season 3 announcement also hints more besides just VR, with two events showing TBA (usually means a new car and/or new track) and new possibilities for lobby settings restrictions.

Hope they're still considering a Steam launch; some server-hacking and modding is the only thing that's ever going to get this game to it's true potential
Well, crazy is as crazy does 🤓

give up

Go home, you're drunk
Seriously though, the patch is coming Feb 21st, which was communicated. No other date was officially communicated.

And exactly as Famine said, the announcements for Nations and Manufacturers season are hinting at a new track or layout (otherwise there's no need to list TBA for Manufacturers as it will be either Group 3 or 4, no need to hide that) and new settings. Other than that we don't know what it will contain. If past updates are a reference, then if there are any new cars we should get a hint on Twitter with the silhouettes this weekend.

Go home, you're drunk
Seriously though, the patch is coming Feb 21st, which was communicated. No other date was officially communicated.

And exactly as Famine said, the announcements for Nations and Manufacturers season are hinting at a new track or layout (otherwise there's no need to list TBA for Manufacturers as it will be either Group 3 or 4, no need to hide that) and new settings. Other than that we don't know what it will contain. If past updates are a reference, then if there are any new cars we should get a hint on Twitter with the silhouettes this weekend.

Well you called it ! 😂

Tire compound should never have been part of PP and a choice during the race instead of PP before the race.
If not, then there is no need of providing any tyre selection outside of BoP races.
The current way allows you to try out for different options by sacrificing traction/PP on tyres for increases at other parts.
I do like it this way.

I would love to predict new wheels, both additional models and additional brands. Also I would love to predict the use of special paints on decals including using carbon fiber as “paint” for individual parts and decals. I would love to predict painting a car will be a separate process from livery creation and won’t replace “other” parts OG paint.

But, since PD is PD, I just won’t, so whatever comes, I’ll let it be.

Tyres effect perfomence so of course should it be a higher pp when going with racing hard, campared to sports soft ex
Which then COMPLETELY bypasses the strategic impact of tyre compound choices during a race.

• You enter a 800 PP race with soft tyres? Congrats, you just gimped yourself if you want to change to hards because you then underperform.
  • You enter that same 800 PP race with hard tyres? Congrats, you just locked yourself out of the ability to ever change to soft tyres since they push you over the 800 PP limit.

As I said before, tyres should never have been part of the PP because it completely takes away the strategic options of tyres DURING the race. All tyres are right now it just an upgrade, something you decide and configure before the race. There is absolutely ZERO strategic value during the race in choosing between hard, medium or soft tyres. It sucks, it’s bad, and it should never have been this way. Period.

Last edited:
There is absolutely ZERO strategic value during the race in choosing between hard, medium or soft tyres.
Well yes, the strategic choice happens before the race for any PP race event.
But for BoP races you are totally free because of the mandate to change between compounds, or because it affects the pitting frequency.

Back