February 2024 Update Prediction

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jonoholland29
So with LM Ultimate PC Game coming out (as early access admittedly) this month, what do you think of the chances of some LM content coming to compete with it? Or will PD not care as it's a PC release? Discussion for this game happening here, so don't clog this thread with LM Ultimate posts.

Could we see the Ferrari 499P? Could we finally see some endurance races? Will they update Circuit de le Sarthe to the current layout?

I think the criticism over the last update was pretty hard to ignore. I suspect that PD will want to do something a little special for the next one to make fans happy. I'm going to guess a classic circuit:

Apricot Hill

or

Midfield Raceway

or

Red Rock Valley Speedway

or

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb

and maybe a classic/fan favorite car
Mitsubishi FTO + FTO Touring Car

I have zero evidence to support my claims.

My vague predictions are going to look a lot like last month's, just minus the Genesis VGT, because a lot of the logic still holds:
  • I still think a second R34 GT-R variant is likely, so we have an alternate version of it to go with the R32 Nismo, 400R (R33), and R35 Nismo.
  • I also think a Gr.3 car is likely in the next couple of updates, because we're still a ways out of GTWS official season so they have time to adjust the BoP if needed. I'm leaning towards a Ferrari of some kind - not because of the recent speculation in the news and discussion thread, but because it follows the trend of the AMG from last year where the '16 AMG GT3 was not good after the start of 2023 BoP changes. And the Gr.3 458 isn't exactly the meta right now.
  • The last slot is almost always a 2018 MY or later road car of some description. About three quarters of updates have had at least one, and I haven't predicted one yet, so it makes sense to be the last slot here.
I have zero read on tracks so not even going to speculate there.

I think the criticism over the last update was pretty hard to ignore. I suspect that PD will want to do something a little special for the next one to make fans happy.
I'm glad you stated this, because while I was going to ignore this thread . . . this prompted me to chime in.

I've seen very little fanfare over the number of engine swaps that were put in with the last update. Or the paint chips. Or fixes. Or the other myriad of features that were not a car or a track.

Hopefully PD continues to not really sweat the negativity too often found in threads like the one you referred to. People will always be angry that a given car/track/feature is not added in February; I don't think you can change the behavior of online posters.

Perhaps being more appreciative of what PD provides for free may give them incentive to provide even more.

But who am I kidding? That won't happen.

😢

Last edited:
3 cars, Scapes, and perhaps, miraculously, further Sophy implementation.

Edit: Alright grandpa, let's get you to bed...
You giveth the poo, you taketh the poo back, I guess.

I'll wager that your prediction is smol because last February's was grand.

You giveth the poo, you taketh the poo back, I guess.
Oh, if only you knew...pooing my posts is this guy's new hobby. But who am I to judge? If he wants to waste his time doing that, well...have fun!
I'll wager that your prediction is smol because last February's was grand.
I did not take last February into equation at all. I'm just going by how dry the last update was...and considering we're talking about a February update, I don't think they have too much prepared in just 1 month.

We know Kaz looks at the community Scapes and Styles. The amount of current added vehicle creations in Showcase just looks like the GT community are embracing whatever is given. No matter how little. Doesn’t seem like Kaz/PD are sweating much.

Lockheed Martin VGT

Kubota M Series
draco-malfoy-really.gif

I predict three extra menus maybe one with VGTs not sure about the other ones, two regular menus, three to four new or returning cars including the $4500 one. 5 engine swaps and bunch of scapes. And a bunch of disappointment from the player base for the most part.

3 cars outside of bulgary vgt
Mitsubishi lancer evolution lx
Alfa Romeo 33 stradale
Porsche 911 turbo s 991

2 extra menus

I doubt they’re looking at other games. Sure enough didn’t blink when Forza debuted their new game.
They released highly praised Spec II update close to Forza launch disaster. Was Forza the reason? We don’t know but timing of SpecII was very suspicious…

As of my predictions… maybe it is a little big to ask but last year we’ve got Road Atlanta in November and Grand Valley in February… This Year last track we’ve got was in… yeah November :D

Last edited:
After the disastrous January update I'm afraid...

Cars:
BMW 2002 Turbo
Mitsubishi Evo 9 MR
Porsche 911 Turbo
Mazda MX-5 mk2

Tracks:
None

Menus:
2-3

Scapes:
Inside in VGT garages!!!

Features:
Still the roullete of dispair to giving the lowest prizes
If if Moses comes down from the mountain and brings online customization and championships...

Last edited:
So with LM Ultimate PC Game coming out (as early access admittedly) this month, what do you think of the chances of some LM content coming to compete with it? Or will PD not care as it's a PC release?
Exactly what reason would PD have to care about a PC title when they don't even acknowledge Turn 10 or anyone else for that matter? I get that people aren't happy about the last update but this just feels abit forced just for the sake of justifying a update prediction thread of all things.

They released highly praised Spec II update close to Forza launch disaster. Was Forza the reason? We don’t know but timing of SpecII was very suspicious…
Its not that Deep. As repeatedly seen over the years, PD work in their own little bubble and show no indication they care. At best, coincidental timing for Spec II (And given how troublesome the launch was for Forza, it just happened to really magnify it).

Do not understand this idea about PD "Responding" to what others do when they hardly have for the past 26 years.

Back