February ALMS Pack

• Thread starter Luminis
  • 204 comments
Germany
Duisburg

Can't believe there wasn't a thread yet.
1991 Mazda #55 Team Mazdaspeed 787B
2011 #2 Audi Sport North America R18 TDI
2011 Bentley Platinum Motorsports Continental GT
2010 Dodge Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Challenger SRT8
1986 #2 Audi Sport quattro S1
2011 Panoz #050 Panoz Racing Abruzzi
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R
2011 Holden HSV GTS
2011 Volkswagen Polo GTI

I mean, look at these! 787B, Quattro S1... Need a new pair of shorts, and quick!

1991 Mazda #55 Team Mazdaspeed 787B nice
2011 #2 Audi Sport North America R18 TDI nice
2011 Bentley Platinum Motorsports Continental GT ok
2010 Dodge Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Challenger SRT8 cool
1986 #2 Audi Sport quattro S1 very nice
2011 Panoz #050 Panoz Racing Abruzzi ok
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 nahh
1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R ok
2011 Holden HSV GTS ok
2011 Polo GTI very nice/ i boght that car in real and in april i have it in real xD

I am really happy the 95 Cobra R made the game. Its nice that it completes the Cobra R family. Should be a nice little performer with the 351 in it.

I've asked for mine to be closed, everyone has apparently clicked on the first link they saw instead!
Lucky me :D

Anyways, that pack is, well, frankly insane. I mean, the R18 is such a nice addition and the 787B has been requested so often... The 155 Q4 is basically the Alfa Romeo equivalent to the E30 M3 and the 190E Evo II and then there's the allmigthy Audi Quattro S1, the legendary Flügelmonster.

1310650820313.jpg

I'm not that excited about this pack to be honest. I'm more a fan of road cars than racers and I couldn't be any less excited about the R18, Panoz or the 787B. The Continental and Challenger are just slightly different versions of cars that are already in the game. The Polo is fairly boring unless you can change the bodywork a bit to make it look less like a Golf. The Alfa and Audi are pretty cool but that's about all that grabs my attention at the minute.

Oh wow the 787B rumor turned out to be true. I will be buying that car for sure!! :D
So it does seem like Badned has some sort of inside scoop because he called the 787b a long time ago.

I don't really understand why it is the "ALMS" pack? Are we getting any new tracks featured in ALMS? Mid-Ohio?? Otherwise, having a car or two that race in ALMS doesn't make it a ALMS pack? Not that I am complaining about the car selection - just seems like an odd name.

Can someone lend me a towel? The Quattro will be epic, surely there has to be some form of rally trachk since we keep getting all these rally cars?

The HSV GTS is sold here pretty much wholesale as the Vauxhall VXR8 GTS, so that makes me very happy and I love the 155's shape. The two Audis and the 787b are pretty neat, too. Don't mind the Mustang, the Polo and Dodge are meh. The Bentley is terrible though, absolutely crass and tasteless. Basically everything wrong with this modern customising craze.

Hey, and the the '95 Mustang complete the Mustang collection. They game will now have every generation of Mustang.

These packs are getting better. Although...I'm not sure why the call it the ALMS Pack because...the 2011 R18 was a European LeMans and I don't think it ever entered ALMS. The 787B existed before ALMS did. And the Panoz...tested for the 12 Hours of Sebring two years ago. I don't know if it ever saw any races, though.

But....T10 can call it whatever they want.

1991 Mazda #55 Team Mazdaspeed 787B - :drool:
2011 #2 Audi Sport North America R18 TDI - :drool:
2011 Bentley Platinum Motorsports Continental GT - Meh, looks cool I guess
2010 Dodge Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Challenger SRT8 - 👎
1986 #2 Audi Sport quattro S1 :drool:
2011 Panoz #050 Panoz Racing Abruzzi - :yuck:
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 - :D
1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R - :D
2011 Holden HSV GTS - :D
2011 Volkswagen Polo GTI - Free car I'm guessing

I must have said to my monitor at least several hundred times upon seeing the S1: "That 🤬 is 🤬 awesome!:

:lol:

Check the news page, spam it with comments. Don't really spam the page, folks.

I'm least looking forward tot he rampage jackson challenger of all. Not sure if most looking forward to the 787B, R18, S1, or Polo GTI.

I'm such a VW/Audi whore :P

This is yet another DLC with an offroad car and no offroad tracks. Yes we have a hill climb on normal road surface and we could get Pike's Peak and it's newly full paved version via DLC but why so many offroad based vehicles if no offroad?

To be honest, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as most since only a few of the cars interest me, mainly the Mustang, the Holden, and the Challenger will be cool with a change of wheels. I'm not too into the race cars, so they don't excite me that much. :P Course, I'll buy the entire pack anyways so I have the option to buy them, along with the ability to at least look at them in the dealership.

Offset is wrong on the front of 787b, I believe what someone here about the game engine not being able to have different offsets front and rear may be correct. Still as long as it sounds correct this has potential to be the best DLC for the entire series yet for me.

Speaking of sounds, I had one of those twincharged polo's roll past me the other day, dump valves shouting. I bet that's fun to drive. Modern day G40 Polo? Good stuff VW and Turn 10. I like

1991_Mazda_55_787b_1_WM.jpg

I've been up close and personal to the Audi S1 a few times and I hope they get the sound spot on, because if they do it like nothing else on Earth.

This pack is another one that justifies the Season pass for me.

Scaff

Liking the Audi.

Pity 4wd is now the non dominant transmission.
I wouldn't like it to be back to F3 AWD dominance though, just a better balance.

Which car will be used for the monthly challenge?
I'm hoping the Audi.

I've been up close and personal to the Audi S1 a few times and I hope they get the sound spot on, because if they do it like nothing else on Earth.

This pack is another one that justifies the Season pass for me.

Scaff

Never heard it in person but I've seen tons of videos and have heard firsthand highly modified inline 5cyl 20v turbo Audi motors... quite frankly they sound freakin awesome :D

I think T10 has worked out naming deals for each of its car packs and doesn't necessarily indicate or influence what cars are in the pack.
December was IGN, January was Jalopnik and now February is ALMS.
Glad the Audi and Mazda race cars are in this one. Now if only they'd make the AAR Toyota Eagle MKIII...

Back