feel guilty but it's ok

  • Thread starter Thread starter toke81
  • 45 comments
  • 1,933 views
Messages
101
last night...i began on a quest to gold out everything, including coffee breaks and whatnot. im near 100% and i had been cruising on mainly bronze and a smattering of silver. i needed a challenge. well this challenge proved to be more than i had initially expected. i stayed up till 3 when i fell asleep in the middle of special stage route 5 (i intended to do the super license first and work my way back). i awoke to find a saleen s7 resting against a wall as it had seemed to be doing for roughly the past 5 hours and 11 minutes. well upon seeing this...the drive in me to complete this was restored. i could not go to work today. i called in sick and although i feel guilty about it, 9 hours and something minutes of cursing and couch pounding later, i finished around the time i would be getting off of work. my boss is gonna be pissed tommorow cause i actually took a real sick day off last week, but i think the model t was well worth it.

whats the lamest/weirdest/craziest thing youve done to complete something youve set out to do in "THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR"? ::cue some kind of fanfare::
 
Duuude, that's harsh. The worst I've done is stayed up till sunrise to finish an Enduro.
 
I personally haven't really done much, other than ditch the girlfriend with some excuse so I could stay home and play it longer. A guy I know though took a 3 day vacation from work when he bought the game, which is pretty sad when you think that he used up half his vacation days from work for a game he could play at any time.
 
I had to sell my girlfriend and my goldfish on ebay to pay for the game.

















I miss that goldfish...
 
I was meant to be going to a party and picking my mate up on the way. After a couple of enthusiastic hours of GT4, I said "sod the party" and told him I couldn't make it. I stayed up 'til 0400 playing GT4... :crazy:

I actually ditched drinking and socialising with friends, to stay home by myself and play video games - :cool:

I knew you guys would understand - *grouphug* :)
 
LOL. My wife hates the sound of revving engines now. Every night, she wakes up at 2 am and tries to get me to go to sleep.

I haven't returned my brother's PS2 yet... hurh hurh hurh.... sorry, bro. :D
 
SRV2LOW4ME
I personally haven't really done much, other than ditch the girlfriend with some excuse so I could stay home and play it longer.
DUDE!!! I'm right where you were, right now! Damn PD is screwing up my whole life!
 
ferrari_chris
I was meant to be going to a party and picking my mate up on the way. After a couple of enthusiastic hours of GT4, I said "sod the party" and told him I couldn't make it. I stayed up 'til 0400 playing GT4... :crazy:

I actually ditched drinking and socialising with friends, to stay home by myself and play video games - :cool:

I knew you guys would understand - *grouphug* :)
I did the same thing last night... Sheeeet.. Maybe I should reconsider my GT4 habits..?
 
MaelthraFire
Duuude, that's harsh. The worst I've done is stayed up till sunrise to finish an Enduro.

I considered this, but rather then waste my life doing the 24hour nurb' race.... I instead wasted 13hours afterwards playing around with the F1 car... -_-`

*sigh*.. i only bob could do this for me as well.. And fetch a beer.
 
Kolyana

You're not enjoying your new home?

Oh, I get it. I never told you why I was packing you in a ventilated box and loading you in that truck.

Sorry. I'm sure you understand.
 
I haven't really gotten into GT4, but in GT3, I actually played so much that I would get dizzy. When I closed my eyes and laid down on the bed, I felt like I was spinning around at very high speed. I've never done drugs, so that was the closest experience to a trip. :p

ferrari_chris
I actually ditched drinking and socialising with friends, to stay home by myself and play video games - :cool:

I knew you guys would understand - *grouphug* :)
:lol: Awesome!
 
kennythebomb
You're not enjoying your new home?

Oh, I get it. I never told you why I was packing you in a ventilated box and loading you in that truck.

Sorry. I'm sure you understand.


I wouldn't have minded, but during the week of transit I didn't manage to turn in a time submission for the WRS and my new owners really don't allow me to cuss at GT4 quite the way you did.

If I promise to let you win more, will you let me come home?
 
Kolyana
I wouldn't have minded, but during the week of transit I didn't manage to turn in a time submission for the WRS and my new owners really don't allow me to cuss at GT4 quite the way you did.

If I promise to let you win more, will you let me come home?

If by promising to let me win you mean stop throwing burning coals on my lap, then sure!
 
kennythebomb
If by promising to let me win you mean stop throwing burning coals on my lap, then sure!
:lol: this is hilarious let me get popcorn, coke, and a leather lazy boy chair and watch you guys type :lol:



Gt4 has ruined my life, it really has as a racer, and a determined gamer/ i have turned down like 10 events this summer JUST so i can be a photmode jedi :lol: thank you PD for ruining ways for me to make money, yet i love you for givin me somthen to do none stop all summer long.
 
ive been doing the same thing with the license tests.. cone slalom is killing me. the only 2 IB tests i cant get gold on ;[
i hate the way the z4 responds in this test.
also test A-11 - Applied Dirt Driving: 1 with the Lancia DELTA HF is a problem for my goldage. i hate just having a few silver ;[
 
When I first bought GT4 my fiance (now wife) started to complain about how much time I spent on the game when I was at home. It wasn't a major issue because we lived in separate cities and so it became more of her just joking about how miserable she'll be when we are married.

I realized that there would actually be some marital stress and decided I needed to find a way to keep her busy so I could be free to play. That was when I introduced her to The Sims. She never played video games before except for the couple of times she watched a friend's kids while they were in the hospital. She hated them and wasn't any good, but she liked The Sims.

We have been married almost six weeks now (since 6/18) and she has The Sims and all the expansions and is talking about how she "needs" Sims 2 with the expansions for Christmas. So now when we get some free time she immediatly sits down in front of the PC and loads up The Sims. As soon as I see what she is doing I hit the PS2 and race the night away. :sly:
 
[that French bellboy from Just Married] If I was him, I wouldn't be worried about watching TV... [/that French bellboy from Just Married]
 
Well I am glad my fiancee not only is in favour of me playing GT but she gave me my DFP for birthday! :) When I am playing she is just doing something else, painting, handcrafts, etc
 
This sort of "problem" is nothing new. My dear, departed Dad long ago told me about a guy he knew back in the 40s who blew a promising career and a beautiful young wife because of a pinball addiction.

He would blow off work to play it, and would stay out late at night doing it. He got fired from a great job and his wife left him because of it.

Last my dad heard of him, the poor SOB was still playing it obsessively...
 
Years ago, I called in sick to finish the Rome Enduro for GT2, but I haven't the cutzpah to call in again anytime soon on account of GT.
 
foolkiller79
I realized that there would actually be some marital stress and decided I needed to find a way to keep her busy so I could be free to play. That was when I introduced her to The Sims. She never played video games before except for the couple of times she watched a friend's kids while they were in the hospital. She hated them and wasn't any good, but she liked The Sims.

i had that same problem, not involving marriage, but with an ex that lived with me. she was getting ridiculously mad at me for playing gt3 all the time when i was home, so i taught her how to play the game, but the tables had turned. I was starting to get pissed at her for playing all the time (hogging up my damn ps2). :ouch:

p.s. im at work now and my boss reamed me out so bad for yesterday...but i still stand by my statement that the model t was worth it.
 
ppucci
Well I am glad my fiancee not only is in favour of me playing GT but she gave me my DFP for birthday! :) When I am playing she is just doing something else, painting, handcrafts, etc

Well, my Valentine's Day gift was a free month of Gamefly and a Best Buy gift certificate so I could buy GT4. So in all reality my extended playing time is her fault.

I think she even made a comment about regretting it at one point, but that was before I got her on The Sims.
 
wow.. i'm at my moms now and won't be playing gt for about 3-4 weeks in total.. and honestly i don't mind.. i just like the forum hehe... and i'd rather spend time with my gf than anything else... lol
 
gibus
wow.. i'm at my moms now and won't be playing gt for about 3-4 weeks in total.. and honestly i don't mind.. i just like the forum hehe... and i'd rather spend time with my gf than anything else... lol

Well, since spending time with my wife at home means we would both sit on the sofa together while she watched Lifetime and I slept I figured I needed to give her a distraction so I could get away from overly predictable and too painful to watch movies where women are always being abused or some other hoirrible thing and men are always pigs. A man can only watch so many "true" stories of abuse before he wants to jump off a cliff.

Don't get me wrong, we love doing things together outside the house but her form of mindless entertainment and mine are two completely different entities. I need to see something blow up and she needs to see someone fall in love. Those rarely go good together. If I am really lucky she wants to watch her old Strawberry Shortcake DVDs. :banghead:

BTW, why didn't you take your PS2 to your mom's with you? I take mine if I am gone for more than a couple of days.
 
god i'm so happy my lady supports my game habbit.
she actually enjoys watching me play various games... she only joins in on dynasty warriors and a few other games. But likes to just hang out and spend time with me while i'm playing.

I'll never understand why some women folk get so pissy about guys playing games.

anyway... i lost a job playing gt2 years ago... never again.
now i'm much more *responsible* about my game playing.
 
My wife has no interest in GT4, but she understands I do, and doesn't have a problem with it. She's more of a 3D-platformer fan herself. Only problem is 1 PS2 and 1 good TV... All in all, she plays more hours/week than I do.
 
Duke
My wife has no interest in GT4, but she understands I do, and doesn't have a problem with it. She's more of a 3D-platformer fan herself. Only problem is 1 PS2 and 1 good TV... All in all, she plays more hours/week than I do.
i believe that if you teach someone how to play gt they will get ridiculously into it. one of my friends grandmothers beat gt3 all by herself about three months ago! :boggled:
 
I took three days off work from the UK release date to play the game. I don't think I told too many people my reason for the leave.
 
toke81
i believe that if you teach someone how to play gt they will get ridiculously into it. one of my friends grandmothers beat gt3 all by herself about three months ago! :boggled:


:drool:
 
Back