feel guilty but it's ok

  • Thread starter Thread starter toke81
  • 45 comments
  • 1,933 views
I was tryin to teach a friend to drift some time ago, and we stayed up the entire night with the DFP, drifting away, and then drove straight to school the next morning. Real driving is so dull in comparison sometimes.
I spent a good few weeks playing gt3 during a summer, i'd sleep, get up, play some gt3, eat lunch, play gt3, eat dinner, play gt3 and repeat.
Slightly off topic, but this last week i've played MGS3 an awful lot, i started it on hard and have been exploring everyhere as i wanted to make it last, and after a few nights of going to bed at 5 the next morning, my sleep patterns were getting owl like. I of course solved this by just missing out a night and going to bed around midnight last night. My closest mates are on holiday, as is my girlfriend, and as are my parents, so distractions have been wonderfully minimal.
 
letdown427
Real driving is so dull in comparison sometimes.

wet weather + hyperactive 17 year olds + renault 5 = uber hilarity. i swear ive never laughed so hard. he is normally a considerate well mannered driver, but he lets himself loose sometimes and the results leave me crying of laughter 👍
 
EB Games called me at work to say GT4 is in! I only pre paid since December 2003. I think it went something like this: " I'm not feeling very well! Cough!Cough! I need to go home and lay down for a bit!" Next day: "I need a day off to recover, I need some sleep, I did not get any last night! Cough! Cough!"

My Wife? She is cool, if I am happy, she is happy! She knows I love her more than GT4. :) Just a bit more! :)
 
slotcarrod
My Wife? She is cool, if I am happy, she is happy! She knows I love her more than GT4. :) Just a bit more! :)
Just a bit more, huh? Sounds like you're dumping your wife, when GT5 comes out for sure. :D
 
foolkiller79
That was when I introduced her to The Sims. She never played video games before except for the couple of times she watched a friend's kids while they were in the hospital. She hated them and wasn't any good, but she liked The Sims... She "needs" Sims 2 with the expansions for Christmas. So now when we get some free time she immediatly sits down in front of the PC and loads up The Sims. As soon as I see what she is doing I hit the PS2 and race the night away. :sly:
Snap

Drinking and socialising with friends is seriously overrated.

I think I have taken about two weeks off work soley to play GT4. Luckily my work is fairly flexible so it does not cause a major drama but I think I have pushed it far enough.
 
gibus
wow.. i'm at my moms now and won't be playing gt for about 3-4 weeks in total.. and honestly i don't mind.. i just like the forum hehe... and i'd rather spend time with my gf than anything else... lol

thats wat im talking about cuz wen i get a GF ( rite now i dont have one) :indiff: ill make sure GT4 dont take me over
*most likely it will*

im so lonely..so very lonely..mister lonely..............
 
i have no problem at all with my girl friend. she play more then i do (well at least so she says) she lives 3 hours away from me. Long ass boring drive. but she play MORE counter-strike and grand theft auto then i play GT4, so it more of a problem for me to get HER off so I can play.
 
man i love counter strike,... thats the type of girlfriend i want (hot and likes to play video games)
 
foolkiller79
... think she even made a comment about regretting it at one point, but that was before I got her on The Sims.

Haha! fortunately for my me and my girlfriend both enjoy playing GT, she likes taking pictures, i like to drive ;) she drives too sometimes :D

master yoda
but she play MORE counter-strike and grand theft auto then i play GT4, so it more of a problem for me to get HER off so I can play.

OMG! she does.... man! i remember when i used to play CS with my cousins till 7am.... :D
 
toke81
i believe that if you teach someone how to play gt they will get ridiculously into it. one of my friends grandmothers beat gt3 all by herself about three months ago! :boggled:

errh? :drool: x2

Duke
My wife has no interest in GT4, but she understands I do, and doesn't have a problem with it. She's more of a 3D-platformer fan herself. Only problem is 1 PS2 and 1 good TV... All in all, she plays more hours/week than I do.

That's why you buy another (2ndhand) PS2 and a small TV. You get the PS in the commode, and your wife gets to play in the living room. :)

EDIT: CS till 7 am, and burgers and beer at 7-11 after... heaven!
 
niky
Quote:
Originally Posted by toke81

i believe that if you teach someone how to play gt they will get ridiculously into it. one of my friends grandmothers beat gt3 all by herself about three months ago!
errh? :drool: x2

first of all, why you drooling over a grandma?! haha just kidding. but yeah we taught her how to play about half a year ago and she got so into it. shes 68, retired, and didnt have anything better to do so she played gt! 👍
 
And who says granny shifting is bad :D
 
s12ken
And who says granny shifting is bad :D

speaking of that ill throw another little shocker in there. she drives manual too. her progress has amazed me. of course it probably helps that she drives a stick 1980 something isuzu truck.

p.s. that b-spec bob thing is hilarious. he doesnt work for me though, i hired a guy named jerry
 
hehe... does she drift too?

Niky and I are working on a new one, i have a spin-off coming up soon... stay tuned
 
s12ken
hehe... does she drift too?

no...my buddy (her grandson) does and tried to teach her but she said theres no point in driving something if you dont have control. i was going to say that drifting is the ultimate show of your control, but decided that arguing with a 68 year old lady would be kind of lame.
 
toke81
no...my buddy (her grandson) does and tried to teach her but she said theres no point in driving something if you dont have control. i was going to say that drifting is the ultimate show of your control, but decided that arguing with a 68 year old lady would be kind of lame.

LOL. Your grammy knows what she's talking about. Besides, when you're that age, you don't really want to drift... :dopey:
 
Back