Fellow motion simulator guys. Check this out

• Thread starter Mayaman
  • 88 comments
I love the idea, except for the look and driving position. It kind of puts me off. If they could make it look/feel more like a race seat I would be looking to purchase one.

Yeah I'm sending them a couple of drawings on how they can incorporate that. At that design they will have a hard time selling them. But it is an awesome design as far as motion.

Nice to see those videos...

Yeah totally agree guys a "Race Seat" version is a must, having a figure hugging tight seat would be all the better for it? Okay a bit more padding than your average bucket seat but for me style/looks is also a major factor of my build.

I like how they state it makes much less noise than SCN5, that was always my main pet hate with those (chirp, chirp, chirp).

Will keep an eye on this having opted not to buy a Simxperience 3DOF RTL kit, besides having spent the £3000+ now anyways towards build upgrades, with an even greater tactile/audio configuration. So if I ever add motion now in the future it will have to be something compact like this...

Last edited:
I am newer to all of the sim rigs but this is actually appealing to me. Much cheaper than Dbox from what i understand and i am unable to even find a dbox dealer in my area.

What really is peaking my interest is how comfortable is this chair if not using for racing. This could really serve great as dual purpose chair for me. If I can sit comfortably in this chair and do other tasks, it would be a must buy for me. I am a versatile gamer so to be able to switch from racing to a first person shooter or casual game without climbing out of a racing rig would be awesome!

Currently I am looking at grabbing a rig like this with simvibe.
http://shop.sim-seats.com/SR-X-Ready-To-Race-Package-SS-20-SRX-RTR.htm

But this post has me thinking about the Geko instead.

Hello we have new pictures/videos showing the GS-105 from multiple angles:

Big thanks to Charlelie for his GO-PRO video:

Don't know why but this one is pretty successful:

Two_GS-105_Intro.png

001d.jpg

019b.jpg

015.jpg

023bright.jpg

Bump. Gecko, will this work with my Dbox at the same time? What games are supported?

Will there ever be a Raker seat? Only hurdle for me right now. Thanks for a great product.

Edit: actually I just had a thought. If you put this seat inside am F1 chassis, you literally have a great F1 rig, better than anybody out there for sure!

Edit 2: I'm wondering how hard it would be to cut a cheap racing seat in two, and replace the back portion of this seat. Hmmmmmmmmmm...its Made of wood, I'm almost positive this rig can be modded. My juices are flowing lol

Last edited:
I still like Pat Dotson's seat better. Now that he's joined Berney at Sim Vibe we should see software tailored for Sim Vibe and a host of racing games.

Prices have just went up and Berney was offering a discount on iRacings forum a while back. You can see Pat's chair on you tube, HERE'S Pat's chair in action. I believe it is a Kirkey chair but not 100% sure. A beautiful race seat none the less.

True enough, except the Gecko should come with a secretary. Looks way to much like office furniture, there is no way I would put one near my rig.

If it works, I don't care what it looks like TBH. Conceptually the Gekosystems chair seems to be a simpler and more direct approach. This trumps looks, at least to me.

Well that's the beauty of Pat Dotson's seat, not only does it work but it is a real race car seat!

Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any idea if gekosystems is still in business? I have contacted them twice the last 7 days but there's still no reply.

Thank you for any input.

Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any idea if gekosystems is still in business? I have contacted them twice the last 7 days but there's still no reply.

Thank you for any input.

I'm pretty sure they're still in business, they posted a video a couple weeks ago. They usually take a couple days to get back to me. Maybe they are out of the office.

Any updates on the aesthetics? I agree, if this looked more like a race seat than a living room or office chair...I would be placing an order in a heartbeat and I am certain a lot more of us would!

Hello GECKO,

Could you please tell us if you are looking into changing your design to allow fitment to a proper racing seat? If you are not, I think it's a big shame and you are not realising your full potential with your current design. With the right amount of R&D and marketing you could really blow a lot of companies clean out of the water. I know it probably sounds simplistic, but change your design, make it look more like something people would want to race in and promote promote promote it, you will sell hundreds if not thousands of units.

Cheers, AussieStig

These questions will not be answered because the company has never once even hinted on their intention to change the product now that it is fully developed and tested. Don't know who initially posted that they would consider changing their design, but for anyone waiting on baited breath, i wouldn't count on it.

Hey Lemans,

Yeah, one can hope I guess. Maybe if enough people tell them the same thing they may start to listen. Who knows?

Maybe they can start by replying to others and myself whom have posed the same questions here.

Cheers mate, AussieStig

I don't think the "recliner" looking one looks too bad, but the office chair one looks kind of weird. 2K is still lil' rich for me, but I'd add something like this to my setup if I had the scratch to drop on it.

Back