Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT '62

• Thread starter rosckolove
  • 30 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
dayofwar2009
PSN#2 Roob_OG
Is this classified as a racecar? Does it have downforce? What's it's max pp value? I can't work the search function on this site with any type of success. It's 20mill and I'm half way there grinding away the red Bull events. I think this car is absolutely beautiful and want to turn it into one of my unexpected ring sleeper/killer haha. Does it handle well or is it all out of wack? How does the natural available tire grip compare to the Cobra Daytona thingamajig? Any reviews on this car? I apologize for the stupid questions, I really get nothing ever from the search function on this site.

It's a race car, but IRL it is also perfectly road legal.
In game I can't comment as I'm saving up for it the same way as you!!! Chances are there will be minimal upgrades available for it as it's a very old and special vehicle.

Real life. A short interview with a real life owner who races one. You're welcome.

The 250 GTO has no downforce, and unlike most race cars, you can modify most things on it.

Fully modified with an oil change, it makes 463bhp and weighs 808kg for 545pp.

I've not driven it modified, but handling stock on comfort soft tyres is lovely.

It will struggle to keep up with the Shelby Daytona Coupe as that car has a pile of downforce (350f, 600r) - though on a PP rating it might do as the Shely is 535PP at 384bhp and 1,043kg (stock numbers)

Styling wise, I personally prefer the 250GT SWB :)

Last edited:
The 250 GTO has no downforce, and unlike most race cars, you can modify most things on it.

I've not driven it modified, but handling stock on comfort soft tyres is lovely.

It will struggle to keep up with the Shelby Daytona Coupe as that car has a pile of downforce (350f, 600r) - though on a PP rating it might do as the Shely is 535PP at 384bhp and 1,043kg (stock numbers)

Styling wise, I personally prefer the 250GT SWB :)
awesome. I was hoping it didn't have any downforce I plan to race it in online Street car nurb lobbies so you just made my day. The car is beautiful. Now I know it's worth grinding for it. Thanks for the info stotty.

Completely agree, So much fun on the nurb completely stock

Yes! Save for one, you wont regret it. I like the fact you can paint it too so you can always have a fresh look.

Currently mine is Giallo Fly (not sure the exact spelling) as I have gone with my Fly Yellow Ferrari Series.

Oh man you can paint it too? (not that I plan to) I can't wait to get this thing. How does it stack up against modern 500-530pp cars like the rx7 and the NSX?

Yeah I kept mine in the fine Rosso for a while, but wanted a change.

Mine is tuned to 500pp and I like driving stock. Its a good drive at the PP. As you go higher in PP (depending on driving skills) the NSX and RX-7 are quicker. But I could be wrong as I am probably not the fastest driver in the world. I am sure they can be beaten...

Its a Ferrari.

20mill is a large price tag and I like the Muira also for 15mill. So if you want to spend it those would be my two recommendations.

Edit:
Just read more of the OP. For the money the Daytona is a great car. Think it is considerably less, in the low millions. Believe you can paint that also.

The Daytona can be painted.

Last edited:
I've tuned a few cars to 500pp, looking for some to compete with NSX, RX7 etc using stock tires.

Ferrari 250 GTO CN....'62 comes with comfort soft tires, NSX RX7 etc come with sports hard so the times are a bit apart.

Have you tried Ferrari Dino? It's dirt cheap, comes with sports hard tires, and is certainly competitive with NSX, RX7 at 500pp.

Ring times, stock tires. Minimal tuning, basically just add parts/ballast to obtain 500pp and 50/50 weight distribution. Only 3 or 4 laps driven in each of these to obtain these times

7:22.710 Honda NSX Type R '02
7:23.290 Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A '02
7:23.347 Shelby Series One Supercharged '03
7:25.381 Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71

I've tuned a few cars to 500pp, looking for some to compete with NSX, RX7 etc using stock tires.

Ferrari 250 GTO CN....'62 comes with comfort soft tires, NSX RX7 etc come with sports hard so the times are a bit apart.

Have you tried Ferrari Dino? It's dirt cheap, comes with sports hard tires, and is certainly competitive with NSX, RX7 at 500pp.

Ring times, stock tires. Minimal tuning, basically just add parts/ballast to obtain 500pp and 50/50 weight distribution. Only 3 or 4 laps driven in each of these to obtain these times

7:22.710 Honda NSX Type R '02
7:23.290 Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A '02
7:23.347 Shelby Series One Supercharged '03
7:25.381 Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71

Ferrari Dino 246 GT...great call!

In fact you should buy all the Ferraris before the '62 GTO (with the exception of the multi-million cars.) The '84 GTO another beast and the '71 GTB4.

Last edited:
I just got done grinding the Redbull events for 2 hours to buy the car. Made the woman wait around while I did it so I only got a couple minutes to test it. Beautiful car but at the moment I'm a bit the disappointed with its performance. Doubt it will be keeping up with my NSX or even the RX7 for that matter. When I get more time to run it and tune it up I'll let ya know what it can do around the ring on sport softs at 500pp. It seems to have that old car skinny tire feel similar to the Ginetta G4 from GT5. I'll post some results though.

I just got done grinding the Redbull events for 2 hours to buy the car. Made the woman wait around while I did it so I only got a couple minutes to test it. Beautiful car but at the moment I'm a bit the disappointed with its performance. Doubt it will be keeping up with my NSX or even the RX7 for that matter. When I get more time to run it and tune it up I'll let ya know what it can do around the ring on sport softs at 500pp. It seems to have that old car skinny tire feel similar to the Ginetta G4 from GT5. I'll post some results though.

I used to watch this show on Speed religiously. For me, I can only compare it to the GT40, Cobras, Shelby GT350R in the game. I dont own one as yet but, trying to make it keep up with modern cars is not what these vintage cars are about. I prefer to tune the stock settings if I'm allowed. If I do add a fully custom suspension to a vintage car, it is only to lower it for pics.

www.streetfire.net/.../victory-by-design-ferrari-gto_20...

Yeah if you are going for performance you may be. Especially against the modern big boys at 500pp. Hopefully you made a back-up on the USB so if youre disappointed you can get the 20mill back.

I just bought one and only tuned the front suspension and all 4 dampers to soften it. I'm using Racing Hards, no ABS or TCS. Stock pp. I'm not to happy about the sound but, I love the replays and the look.
I made a replica Sterling Mos GTO
PD3jVeK.jpg

GpNNwnU.jpg

i also made a Sterling Moss 250GT replica as well. That handles and sounds really good with the fully custom suspension and racing exhaust. Used RH tyres as well and the car smoothly 4 wheel drits through corners like a real car.
9YUAn5y.jpg

I8aXmrV.jpg

i'll post the rest of the pics in the photo forums(I also made a Superformance Cobra coupe while I was at it).

Ok so I got to spend some time with the car. You can't adjust camber or toe settings even with the fully customizable suspension installed. Camber is as 0.0 front and back so that's good for now until they fix camber. It won't hold its own on the nurb in any 500pp tuning lobbies unless you just happen to come across the slowest bunch of blind people that happen to be playing gt6 at the moment.. OK it's not that bad but most modern popular cars for a pp range will destroy this thing. However, for just driving stock cars around this this is really fun. Especially on the comfort softs it comes with. I'm not a fan of driving stock cars around but this one even I enjoy. It handles great and is a lot of fun to drive in cockpit view around the nurb. I would recommend this car to anyone. But if you care about winning online races you better have your podium cars already bought and tuned because the 20 mill I spent on this has me all grinded out for the time being. Mine is currently matte black but I'll probably change it another 20 times before I settle back on the Rosso Corsa it came with.

Last edited:
Yeah good to hear you liked it. It looks kind of cool in white, one that matches the circle number decals. Hard to paint over the Rosso though. 👍

I just bought one and only tuned the front suspension and all 4 dampers to soften it. I'm using Racing Hards, no ABS or TCS. Stock pp. I'm not to happy about the sound but, I love the replays and the look.
I made a replica Sterling Mos GTO
PD3jVeK.jpg

GpNNwnU.jpg

i also made a Sterling Moss 250GT replica as well. That handles and sounds really good with the fully custom suspension and racing exhaust. Used RH tyres as well and the car smoothly 4 wheel drits through corners like a real car.
9YUAn5y.jpg

I8aXmrV.jpg

i'll post the rest of the pics in the photo forums(I also made a Superformance Cobra coupe while I was at it).
if you don't like the sound of it , try switching between exhausts , every exhaust has a different sound.

Since you were planning to use it on the Ring:

S-class Nürburg 24' (my testing ground), RH

The 250 GTO did 08:42,835 (total time 29:02)
The 330 P/4 was clearly faster: 07:59,698 (total time 26:30)
Both are great cars.

Both are great cars.

Try comparing it with the 250 GT SWB

Both are great cars.
What do you do for testing? 3 laps with tire wear and fuel consumption turned on?

My only gripe about this car is the fact that you cannot adjust Camber or Toe. I don't know why PD would lock those values. Yes, I know they've done that with other cars too.

What do you do for testing? 3 laps with tire wear and fuel consumption turned on?

My only gripe about this car is the fact that you cannot adjust Camber or Toe. I don't know why PD would lock those values. Yes, I know they've done that with other cars too.
Yes, 3 lap race (a few cars can only do 2) variable weather, day/night, tire wear & fuel consumption ( as it is in the S-class 24' race).
Tune all cars to 650pp or as close as it gets (some cars don"t even reach 350pp).
Fiddling with setup until the car feels at its best on RH tires.
Initial reason for RH tires is that if you pit after lap 1, you mostly don't need to stop any more, which gives the opportunity to do a fast third lap (daylight and less wet). At first I tried with other tires, but in many cases that made 2 stops necessary, ruling out a fast lap 3.
Some cars suffer frome exessive tire wear which results in degradation to 4 or less...
Other cars run the fulll 3 laps without stop and still have their tires on 10 or 9 at the finish, so a choice for pitting just for fuel and no tires (or the other way around) would be nice.
As for camber and toe: I found that laptimes for the major part of the tested cars were faster with camber 0/0. Toe is another story.

Edit: typo...

Last edited:

Its my go to car when I just want to go for a spin, Comfort Softs and No ABS is great fun, especially on a damp morning at Brands Hatch int he 80's

The car is decent enough to take for a spin by itself or if others have the same car. I don't like the way the rears lock up while turning. Custom LSD settings didn't cure this for me. Pretty unfortunate.

.............Hmm I was dissapointed with this car as well, not really worth 20 mil, actually....I did cure SOME of its unruly behaviour with LSD accel set as low as 8. It's not completely controllable, but it's lot more manageable now. I was using Mt. Panorama to tune it - maybe not the best track to do that....

Back